Wingsuit Too OP/Unbalanced

ForzaProiettile

@GP I see now. Your original wording just threw me through a loop. "You have to zipline to higher ground" was misleading. Nothing to do with box thinking of any kind. Thanks for explaining what you really meant. 

At the risk of encouraging the original poster to make a new thread "Zip-lines are way too OP".....why can't you zip-line upward? Like a powered zip-line, much like we have elevators. Just an idea.....

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Wildcard Community
7 minutes ago, Midnight_ said:

@GP I see now. Your original wording just threw me through a loop. "You have to zipline to higher ground" was misleading. Nothing to do with box thinking of any kind. Thanks for explaining what you really meant. 

At the risk of encouraging the original poster to make a new thread "Zip-lines are way too OP".....why can't you zip-line upward? Like a powered zip-line, much like we have elevators. Just an idea.....

You can zipline upward though, just need the motorized zipline attachment.

From looking at all the videos showcasing the Wing Suit it is pretty clear this thing is less like a glider and more like a plane/flyer. It hardly loses any altitude as its going forward which means there will be really very little functional difference between using that and a flyer from regular ARK. I sincerely hope the amount of altitude you drop from using it is much higher then shown in the videos, otherwise you will end up with the same problem you have in ARK where everyone moves on flyers unless they are farming.

Aberration seems to be an attempt by the ARK devs to end the flyer domination mode that ARK has sadly become but in order to succeed you need to give ground dinos/players viable options not to travel around in a wingsuit and so far I've seen none. There will be little point to the grapple hook and zipline if this thing stays the way it is.

First of all, the wing suit was loosing altitude and second, it's still being worked on, and that is one of the best things coming in aberration.

14 hours ago, CobraD said:

This is great and all but is anyone gonna talk about how OP this glow sticks are? You can just drop it and it lights up an area?! What the hell wildcar!

* know I mispelled the companies name but I'm so darn mad that I'm gonna leave it.

Did you know you can also change their colour? You can light area in colours of rainbow! How dare they?!

On 11/21/2017 at 11:38 AM, CobraD said:

This is great and all but is anyone gonna talk about how OP this glow sticks are? You can just drop it and it lights up an area?! What the hell wildcar!

* know I mispelled the companies name but I'm so darn mad that I'm gonna leave it.

OP? Living in darkness most of the time on that map and one of the sources of light given to you, you are going to consider OP? Excuse me, but I like being able to see.

20 hours ago, Midnight_ said:

We have the motorized zip-line attachment. How a bout a short "rocket" boost for the wing suit. Help it get a bit of height before gliding. I was thinking along the lines of like a behemoth gate height maybe. I wanna validate the OP :) .

What happens if you attach glider to tek chest and double jump...

I will put ground vs air travel into perspective.

if you were living in a jungle and you decided to live in a alcove where you had access to fresh water and safety but you needed to travel around a large ravine between were you live and where you hunt rabbits and pigs would you.

Option 1, travel around the ravine each and every time you needed food somewhere the you could have traveled hundreds maybe thousands of times.

or

Option 2, build a bridge to cross the ravine save 5 hours on your hunts and use all that time saved to improve your situation.

Personally i would pick the more convenient option, the option that gives me more time for more pressing matters.

now i know ark is just a game but i fail to see why people willingly take the scenic route and complain when air travel is just better, its like if i chose to use a butter knife to carve a chicken then complained when people use a butchers knife because its just better for the job.

On ‎11‎/‎26‎/‎2017 at 8:43 PM, CobraD said:

Being able to see is overrated.

Not only overrated, but OP as hell. We're supposed to be surviving like cave people on alien radioactive biomes. How are we supposed to do that if we can see, for god's sake... This is the most unrealistic survival game I've ever seen.

54 minutes ago, KrakenOverlord said:

Not only overrated, but OP as hell. We're supposed to be surviving like cave people on alien radioactive biomes. How are we supposed to do that if we can see, for god's sake... This is the most unrealistic survival game I've ever seen.

Regardless, I still think a glow stick is a pretty "bright" idea...

1 hour ago, KrakenOverlord said:

It must be either EXTREMELEY expensive to craft OR it eventually runs out of power and you can recharge it with batteries like an electric prod can be recharged with angler gel

4 hours ago, KrakenOverlord said:

OP Glow Stick will ruin all your attempts to evolve into higher being. Pfft, to see in game, such easy mode. What those people want next time...

• Wildcard Community
Just now, KrakenOverlord said:

yeah, I was wondering how the element mining would work, lol. Can I use the element while I'm there, though? Like recharge my tek armor and then transfer back out?

You can charge your armor there, though if memory serves me right tek armors and saddles are drained of element when transferred between servers.

Archived