Wingsuit Too OP/Unbalanced

ForzaProiettile

12 hours ago, Scrysis said:

Turning up the gamma on your computer screen won't stop you from getting swarmed by Nameless and a Reaper King.  Not to mention other nasties that are out there that we haven't seen yet.  Chances are that there will be some nasties that react to charge-based light sources and that a torch won't help at all in that regard.

I'm just hoping that they make glow sticks brighter, longer, and farther than torches.

1. Neither will a Glow stick lol.

2. I forgot about flashlights and Miner helmets which last forever and therefore are far superior to Glow sticks.

3. I actually did forget that the nameless hate light. But that still does not matter because ^

And if those 2 don't work then just use one of the 4 light should pets.

Nameless are going to be a great source of :meat:... :Jerbfat:

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
59 minutes ago, GLADONOS said:

1. Neither will a Glow stick lol.

2. I forgot about flashlights and Miner helmets which last forever and therefore are far superior to Glow sticks.

3. I actually did forget that the nameless hate light. But that still does not matter because ^

And if those 2 don't work then just use one of the 4 light should pets.

Nameless are going to be a great source of :meat:... :Jerbfat:

Well glow sticks are powered by Charge energy, according to current knowledge. This DRASTICALLY weakens Reapers and Nameless, making it easier to fight them. Turning up gamma, using torches/flashlights/miner helmets does not have this effect; if you want to debuff the Nameless, you must fight them near a Charge node, have a lantern pet nearby that is actively using Charge, or use glow sticks. Thusly, it’s not a bad idea to have some glow sticks in one’s inventory in case you run into Nameless during a metal run without a lantern pet. Plus, they’re small, and thus give little meat, and on one of the twitch livestreams, it took the streamer ages to kill off a group of Nameless, even with a Rock Drake, as he didn’t have the advantage of charge.

On ‎12‎/‎9‎/‎2017 at 11:51 AM, GLADONOS said:

You can just turn up the gamma on your computer.

Oh, i am fine with the glider being an essential tool i like it that way i am just annoyed by the people saying glow sticks will be as good. And i have no idea what a "Raver" is.

Foam Covered LED Light Sticks for Festivals and Concerts! http://glowproducts.com/products/GS015MURaver: Someone who loves glowsticks and dancing with them in the dark at parties, usually tripping on acid.

23 hours ago, RowletAlex said:

Well glow sticks are powered by Charge energy, according to current knowledge. This DRASTICALLY weakens Reapers and Nameless, making it easier to fight them. Turning up gamma, using torches/flashlights/miner helmets does not have this effect; if you want to debuff the Nameless, you must fight them near a Charge node, have a lantern pet nearby that is actively using Charge, or use glow sticks. Thusly, it’s not a bad idea to have some glow sticks in one’s inventory in case you run into Nameless during a metal run without a lantern pet. Plus, they’re small, and thus give little meat, and on one of the twitch livestreams, it took the streamer ages to kill off a group of Nameless, even with a Rock Drake, as he didn’t have the advantage of charge.

poop is getting deep now.

On 12/10/2017 at 6:52 AM, GLADONOS said:

Miner helmets which last forever

They used to. But they got nerfed. Just like a SCUBA tank they now lose durability over time. I use to put them on apes and monkeys as bio light posts (cause they look at you and follow you with the light) but I have not used them since the nerf. To expensive to have to keep repairing.

• Wildcard Community
5 hours ago, GLADONOS said:

Oh look i was right, glow sticks are completely 100% worthless. To be fair, glider packs are not exactly amazing either but they are still decent.

I've found glow sticks significantly useful for me in tagging dinos I plan on taming if I ever run into them while lacking the materials to tame them. Just throw a stick at them, head back to base to get the taming materials, then come back and look for the dino with lights. No going "now where did that dino go" for me.

3 hours ago, Eli said:

I've found glow sticks significantly useful for me in tagging dinos I plan on taming if I ever run into them while lacking the materials to tame them. Just throw a stick at them, head back to base to get the taming materials, then come back and look for the dino with lights. No going "now where did that dino go" for me.

They're much cheaper than the Transponder Nodes which presumably serve the same purpose, too. I think with the addition of glowsticks, it'd be good to see Transponder Nodes added to the Beacon/Crate loot pool so that they're not being totally relegated to the pits of irrelevancy

Archived