Wingsuit Too OP/Unbalanced

ForzaProiettile

23 hours ago, KrakenOverlord said:

well sh*t... aberration seems like an awesome place to explore, but an awful place to live... We'll see how it goes.

That is my kind of place. One reason why my main server of choice is Scorched Earth. After my Rag server and center servers I was also on dino capped ...only then did people come to my main SE server to hang out. And it is still not yet capped....getting close though..the lag showed up after the masses began leaving all those other sinking ships/servers and bringing dinos over to store on my SE server.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Volunteer Moderator
11 minutes ago, PuffyPony said:

Why is this even a thread? The DLC isn't out yet

I don't see the problem of them discussing an upcoming feature. I mean, this is the same as discussing an upcoming movie after you watched its trailer and says it will be good or not based on that. :)

12 hours ago, invincibleqc said:

I don't see the problem of them discussing an upcoming feature. I mean, this is the same as discussing an upcoming movie after you watched its trailer and says it will be good or not based on that. :)

Sure, but I think having an argument about whether a feature is OP or even could be OP is a little silly without actually seeing how the in-game meta plays out. Especially given that it's not powered flight, which seems to kinda be what OP is basing their argument on... It'd be one thing if they posted saying, "If the wingsuit has X, Y, and Z features, it'd be OP." But it's "Wingsuit is OP!" which just strikes me as a really odd argument given what we know

• Volunteer Moderator
6 hours ago, PuffyPony said:

Sure, but I think having an argument about whether a feature is OP or even could be OP is a little silly without actually seeing how the in-game meta plays out. Especially given that it's not powered flight, which seems to kinda be what OP is basing their argument on... It'd be one thing if they posted saying, "If the wingsuit has X, Y, and Z features, it'd be OP." But it's "Wingsuit is OP!" which just strikes me as a really odd argument given what we know

The game-play that were streamed during the charity event were definitely enough for players to get a good idea of how it will plays out. I personally have no opinion, because I didn't play with it myself but can't blame them for sharing their first impression. In the end, one side will be wrong. :P

On ‎12‎/‎2‎/‎2017 at 7:54 PM, Midnight_ said:

That is my kind of place. One reason why my main server of choice is Scorched Earth. After my Rag server and center servers I was also on dino capped ...only then did people come to my main SE server to hang out. And it is still not yet capped....getting close though..the lag showed up after the masses began leaving all those other sinking ships/servers and bringing dinos over to store on my SE server.

Gotta get out your killin' gear, looks like. :D:D:D

On ‎12‎/‎3‎/‎2017 at 6:42 AM, Sharpshot879 said:

Has anyone in this thread used an archa? I once used one from the volcano on the island to the edge of the map and back to shore before it landed

I FCKN LOVE those guys... one of the most amazing photo ops in the world is to hold one while you're riding a flying mount and then go into 3rd person... ♫♪♪I can show you the world.....♪♪

On 11/18/2017 at 12:51 PM, ForzaProiettile said:

which is something Aberration was meant to be doing differently ie encouraging people not to use flying mounts/flying as a means of getting around.

When did any developer ever say this?

And besides, you can not use flyers in Aberration, cause there are exactly ZERO flyers on the map and none can be brought in.

7 hours ago, Eli said:

You can attach it to all but tek armor.

@Eli Can you attach zip line harness to tek trousers?

I understand that tek chest will have key bound troubles with wing suit because both functionalities are on double space bar (I was wondering how you solved it). But tek trousers shouldn't have issue with harness except it will look like silly a bit.

49 minutes ago, Meshi said:

@Eli Can you attach zip line harness to tek trousers?

I understand that tek chest will have key bound troubles with wing suit because both functionalities are on double space bar (I was wondering how you solved it). But tek trousers shouldn't have issue with harness except it will look like silly a bit.

Maybe it has to do with attachments...

All the weapons in the game only support one attachment (cant put a sight on a silenced pistol or tranq ammo on a scoped longneck)

Maybe the wingsuit and zipline conflict with the element attachment on the armor and it would be extra work to work around that?

In anycase, with tek armor you shouldnt even need a zipline ;)

11 minutes ago, Wazzamaniac said:

Maybe it has to do with attachments...

All the weapons in the game only support one attachment (cant put a sight on a silenced pistol or tranq ammo on a scoped longneck)

Maybe the wingsuit and zipline conflict with the element attachment on the armor and it would be extra work to work around that?

In anycase, with tek armor you shouldnt even need a zipline ;)

We do have confirmed that wings can't be used with tek chest then I wonder if tek leggings will have same issue with zip line harness.

Problem probably on multiple levels:

• Tek armor dont allow to use skins on.
  • Burst up functionality of tek chest use double space same as wingsuit activation. And it will also look silly.

If I am right then half of tek armor isn't usable in this map together with new items which sux.

On ‎12‎/‎3‎/‎2017 at 12:55 AM, invincibleqc said:

with that analogy, this thread is like saying the new Avengers movie is going to be bad based off of a trailer. When you get a quick 30 sec roll, it is hard to say.

plus WC has the ability to make changes on the suit.

The glow stick is going to be worthless... While i understand the joke, you can't compare what is basically just a fancy torch to what is almost like powered flight without the ability to go up and with 0 cost.

And no, it is not like judging a movie based on the trailer because movies and games are very different. Yes, they COULD nerf the Glider pack but, based on what we know it looks very OP and even if it IS nerfed it will still be very useful unlike the stupid glow stick which will never be made.

5 hours ago, GLADONOS said:

The glow stick is going to be worthless... While i understand the joke, you can't compare what is basically just a fancy torch to what is almost like powered flight without the ability to go up and with 0 cost.

And no, it is not like judging a movie based on the trailer because movies and games are very different. Yes, they COULD nerf the Glider pack but, based on what we know it looks very OP and even if it IS nerfed it will still be very useful unlike the stupid glow stick which will never be made.

What about gliding is OP on a character?

I think it is an awesome tool for the game.

You cant raid a base with it, turrets will eat you up. You have to climb to get in the air.

You cant do much but cover some distance to a location without a dino. I hate repairing my equipment all the time.

If glow sticks are so bad, play on unofficial and adjust the light radius on them and brightness.  Hopefully they let you dye it like a torch.

On 12/6/2017 at 5:30 AM, ManGorilla said:

What about gliding is OP on a character?

I think it is an awesome tool for the game.

You cant raid a base with it, turrets will eat you up. You have to climb to get in the air.

You cant do much but cover some distance to a location without a dino. I hate repairing my equipment all the time.

If glow sticks are so bad, play on unofficial and adjust the light radius on them and brightness.  Hopefully they let you dye it like a torch.

Even if Glider packs are not very good(Which i disagree with, i think everyone will have one at all times) The point still remains that the glow stick is worthless because all i have to do is press "Tab" Then type "Gamma 4" And BAM Free night vision. Even if you couldn't do this you could still just craft a torch which does the same thing and yet is cheaper.

42 minutes ago, GLADONOS said:

Even if Glider packs are not very good(Which i disagree with, i think everyone will have one at all times) The point still remains that the glow stick is worthless because all i have to do is press "Tab" Then type "Gamma 4" And BAM Free night vision. Even if you couldn't do this you could still just craft a torch which does the same thing and yet is cheaper.

You are right, I don't see why you wont have a glider. But having a new essential tool in your kit isn't bad. Parachutes are an essential tool in my kite right now. They are super cheap and a must for pvp. They have disabled the Gamma adjustments for official, however you can just craft a torch but since the game isn't out, I don't know the benefits of a glowstick. Honestly you don't know either, you may fall in love with them and turn into a dino raver. At least your Icon looks like a raver. Turn on some EDM and see where that glowstick takes you. We wont judge you.

8 hours ago, GLADONOS said:

It'll be interesting to see the material costs and level requirement for the glider engram  to see how that affects their usage.

Upping your gamma is disabled on some servers as well as it just isn't always useful for discerning detail from a distance. Depending on the mat cost, throwing a glowstick may have some good situational uses instead.

20 hours ago, Fireneji said:

It'll be interesting to see the material costs and level requirement for the glider engram  to see how that affects their usage.

Upping your gamma is disabled on some servers as well as it just isn't always useful for discerning detail from a distance. Depending on the mat cost, throwing a glowstick may have some good situational uses instead.

You can just turn up the gamma on your computer.

On 12/8/2017 at 4:43 AM, ManGorilla said:

You are right, I don't see why you wont have a glider. But having a new essential tool in your kit isn't bad. Parachutes are an essential tool in my kite right now. They are super cheap and a must for pvp. They have disabled the Gamma adjustments for official, however you can just craft a torch but since the game isn't out, I don't know the benefits of a glowstick. Honestly you don't know either, you may fall in love with them and turn into a dino raver. At least your Icon looks like a raver. Turn on some EDM and see where that glowstick takes you. We wont judge you.

Oh, i am fine with the glider being an essential tool i like it that way i am just annoyed by the people saying glow sticks will be as good. And i have no idea what a "Raver" is.

9 hours ago, GLADONOS said:

You can just turn up the gamma on your computer.

Oh, i am fine with the glider being an essential tool i like it that way i am just annoyed by the people saying glow sticks will be as good. And i have no idea what a "Raver" is.

Turning up the gamma on your computer screen won't stop you from getting swarmed by Nameless and a Reaper King.  Not to mention other nasties that are out there that we haven't seen yet.  Chances are that there will be some nasties that react to charge-based light sources and that a torch won't help at all in that regard.

I'm just hoping that they make glow sticks brighter, longer, and farther than torches.

Archived