The point of playing ark

SmokeyB

in legacy PvE my goal was to have every dino 150 tamed, then to breed them all the highest i could.

i guess i had reached my goal, only thing i didnt get before leaving was phoenix and otters, otherwise i had bred even op dodo/dilos, every water dino even eels, etc up to gigas.

Now that legacy died i went to pvp

and our objectives are set by the leaders

To build a base that would ultimately be very difficult to raid. To have cool high end mastercraft and ascendant items that are powerful.  To have the ability to beat bosses with a high level dino army.  To hang with new and old friends is a hostile world where working together isn't just fun but necessary.

• Volunteer Moderator

So many things, which is the great part about this game.

Love being able to try doing the same things, but different ways.  Sort of like working the same puzzle, but figure out different ways to solve it.

Been helping to admin servers since 2015, and love being able to tune them to make it enjoyable for our small community.  On some servers, it is about building (sometimes in very difficult spots), taming, and/or breeding.  On others, with certain settings and mods, it is about surviving.  Others are just for fun to try out new things with new maps & mods, high settings, and recycling the server after a month or two.

Sometimes, helping a new player learn the ropes, especially in a map running a more challenging mod.

Occasionally running experiments to verify a game play mechanic, or helping to show and issue with, or dismiss a myth about it.

And sometimes, it is just about wandering around and exploring, to see what you might have missed along the way.  Once in while, literally just sit on a peak or outcrop, and watch a sunrise/sunset or just go fishing for the fun of it.  Just a get away from my get away.

Archived