Questions about the egg laying behavior of tamed titanoboas

AdligerAdler

Just tamed my first titbo with megalosaur eggs (1 egg does 8.2% on a level 45 by the way).

1) Does mate boost for titanoboas exist so that they lay eggs more often? I know they have no genders and that snails and beetles (both genderless) don't have a mate boost either, but maybe it's different with titbos because they lay eggs?

2) Do titbos lay more eggs on a specific ground? Like has it to float in water like dimetrodon? (Some of you might say dimetrodons lay eggs on land, but mine never did).

36 minutes ago, AdligerAdler said:

Just tamed my first titbo with megalosaur eggs (1 egg does 8.2% on a level 45 by the way).

1) Does mate boost for titanoboas exist so that they lay eggs more often? I know they have no genders and that snails and beetles (both genderless) don't have a mate boost either, but maybe it's different with titbos because they lay eggs?

2) Do titbos lay more eggs on a specific ground? Like has it to float in water like dimetrodon? (Some of you might say dimetrodons lay eggs on land, but mine never did).

They didnt have mate bost so only a titanboa can lays eggs, but what i see if that they lay more eggs with an oviraptor near altough i though that oviraptor buff doesnt work on titan as same as with the mantis.

I think the best way you obtain eggs is on a warm place like the swamp and with an oviraptor.

5 minutes ago, Notorious2652 said:

i generally get 1 day per boa when i hang around the base with babies

thats not much but maybe because hanging around babys doesnt really help

it likes to have you running around on a dino

and also the more persons the more egg drops

so say you're 5 people mooving your dinos around, then you'll have a good pile of eggs

This might just be a coincidence, but I use the S+ item collector to pick up my eggses. When I first tamed my 3 snakes, I got 3 eggs almost straight away. Over the next few days I didn't get a single one. It was only when I was levelling them up that I realised that all their food was about half way down. Of course I had forgotten that they won't eat meat, only eggs. So I stuck a stack of dodo eggs into a nearby trough, and almost immediately once they were all full I got another couple of eggs in the collector. I haven't had many, only 9 so far when I've been getting literally dozens from my other eggers, but I certainly didn't get any when their food was depleted.

Also, top tip, for those of you who play on unofficial servers with S+, attach your eggers to a hitching post and use the Item Collector. I think the hitching post prevents any attached dinos from entering stasis, which means that they'll continue to lay eggs when nobody is around. Everyday when I log in I have like 30 or so eggs from any dino where the females are hitched, so much so that I had to actually unhitch some dinos because I have just too many eggs from them.

Archived