for those who use mods, how many do you have?

Runia

• Volunteer Moderator

For single player i'd say it doesn't really matter how many Mods you are running. However, having said that, the more mods you run the more difficult troubleshooting is when you experience problems to try and identify the cause of it and what (if any) mods the problem relates to.

If you are running a server (I know you said SP) like I do for public use then less Mods are better. I personally only have S+ on my server. Besides the troubleshooting issues I mentioned earlier, I think for public servers, the lower the number of mods the better because every time a Mod is updated it will prevent players joining the server if their client has updated but not the server. So the more mods the more likely the server owner has to keep restarting and updating the server.

1 minute ago, GP said:

For single player i'd say it doesn't really matter how many Mods you are running. However, having said that, the more mods you run the more difficult troubleshooting is when you experience problems to try and identify the cause of it and what (if any) mods the problem relates to.

If you are running a server (I know you said SP) like I do for public use then less Mods are better. I personally only have S+ on my server. Besides the troubleshooting issues I mentioned earlier, I think for public servers, the lower the number of mods the better because every time a Mod is updated it will prevent players joining the server if their client has updated but not the server. So the more mods the more likely the server owner has to keep restarting and updating the server.

Definitely true with less being better.
I've seen mods on roleplay servers that were several GB in size, I kid you not.
Took simply way too long to download those, making it pointless to even try to connect to these servers.

We were running 17 mods on all five of our servers, but we've just removed raft pipes as S+ pipes work on rafts anyway and swapped out FogGTFO mod for Fisters All Fog Remover. Our current set of 16 mods in total now is:

• 2 weeks later...

Archived