You know?...

Bigboss84

You know, I really hate this game sometomes, and it has nothing to do with the actual game itself when it's working how it's suppose to.

But that's the rub isn't it? How often is the game working 100% properly as intended? How often are you not approaching a dead turtle then somehow getting launched 75ft(25 meters) into the sky? How often does your Dedicated Server actually show up when you search for it? How often do you find yourself freefalling through the ground? How often can you recover your body because it hasn't fallen through the ground? How many times have any of you smashed in the door of someone's base and was able to loot/kill them because they body was hanging halfway through the ceiling when they thought they were safe on the 2nd floor?

i'm just trying to move my character to my own server, yet the Server Search tells me my server doesn't exist. Well that's weird, because my friends are playing on it, so.....???

Hey WildCard, what do you say you get the game running first, then start charging full price for it?..

and speaking of the price, am I the only one that gets annoyed everytime I see a DIGITAL copy of the game being sold for the full price of a hard/physical copy? 

I guess it makes sense if you don't think about it at all, but when you do you realize that hard copy in Walmart is 60$(American) because of packaging and distribution you can't help but fell like you're being ripped off.

let me explain. You see, It cost the company money to make a CD, put it in a box, and mail it to Walmart, but there's none(or at least way less) distribution overhead when selling a digital copy on the Plastation Network, XBoxLive, or Steam, so why are we paying the same price for it as if we bought it in a brick n mortar store?...... The answer is greed.. 

[/rant]

I've never been launched into the sky before when approaching a corpse. That's a new one.
Do you have this on video somewhere?

Only point in time where my server doesn't show up in the server list is either when my client is out of date, or the server is out of date.
For Officials it's probably being DDOS'd, but otherwise I've never encountered the problem you described either.

The corpse falling through the ground hasn't been a problem for a while for me personally.
I know it still happens when you have like euh a violent dead, like you die from a Carno charging you or something.
But I think it's more a physics problem with your corpse flying off, and the actual place of death being somewhere else.

Haven't seen bodies hanging through doors or ceilings in a long time.
This only seems to be happening on officials for me actually, not on my own server.
And I have people "asleep" for a month.

For your own server not showing up, check filters.
And add it as favourite in steam first, then check your favourites in the game.
Usually does the trick.

5 minutes ago, Bigboss84 said:

Hey WildCard, what do you say you get the game running first, then start charging full price for it?..

and speaking of the price, am I the only one that gets annoyed everytime I see a DIGITAL copy of the game being sold for the full price of a hard/physical copy? 

I guess it makes sense if you don't think about it at all, but when you do you realize that hard copy in Walmart is 60$(American) because of packaging and distribution. It cost the company money to make a CD, put it in a box, and mail it to Walmart, but there's none(or at least way less) distribution overhead when selling a digital copy on the Plastation Network, XBoxLive, or Steam, so why are we paying the same price for it as if we bought it in a brick n mortar store?...... The answer is greed.. 

[/rant]

You see the game is running.
As described above, the issues you described are not happening to me for example.
So.....

Also the price increase has already been explained on the forum as well.
They are required by retail contract to have the same prices everywhere, digital or not.
I know it's a poopty practise, but that's a concept kept alive by retail stores to "remain viable".
Wildcard has no choice in this sadly.

The answer is not Greed.
The answer is far more complicated, but requires people to understand how retail distribution works ;)

12 minutes ago, Bigboss84 said:

You know, I really hate this game sometomes, and it has nothing to do with the actual game itself when it's working how it's suppose to.

But that's the rub isn't it? How often is the game working 100% properly as intended? How often are you not approaching a dead turtle then somehow getting launched 75ft(25 meters) into the sky? How often does your Dedicated Server actually show up when you search for it? How often do you find yourself freefalling through the ground? How often can you recover your body because it hasn't fallen through the ground? How many times have any of you smashed in the door of someone's base and was able to loot/kill them because they body was hanging halfway through the ceiling when they thought they were safe on the 2nd floor?

i'm just trying to move my character to my own server, yet the Server Search tells me my server doesn't exist. Well that's weird, because my friends are playing on it, so.....???

I guess it makes sense if you don't think about it at all, but when you do you realize that hard copy in Walmart is 60$(American) because of packaging and distribution you can't help but fell like you're being ripped off.

let me explain. You see, It cost the company money to make a CD, put it in a box, and mail it to Walmart, but there's none(or at least way less) distribution overhead when selling a digital copy on the Plastation Network, XBoxLive, or Steam, so why are we paying the same price for it as if we bought it in a brick n mortar store?...... The answer is greed.. 

[/rant]

If your hard copy disc gets scratches or fingerprints it will stop.working and you will need to buy a new one,  you can always redownload the digital copy whenever you want so in a way it's better.

Most of the things I named are still problems for me. Maybe it's a PS4 thing.. 

It won't let me upload the pic I took, but I'm looking at the "Join Game" menu right now.

the Filter is set to "Player Deicated Arks" with "Show Password Protected" checked. 

All maps, all modes, and the name of my Server in the Name Filter. "No sessions found"

As for the getting launched into the air, kill a turtle, then walk up to its head. That does it to me sometimes. 

1 hour ago, SmokeyB said:

If your hard copy disc gets scratches or fingerprints it will stop.working and you will need to buy a new one,  you can always redownload the digital copy whenever you want so in a way it's better.

I once wiped my rear end on a disc, and it still worked, thumbprint and all. It's just that with high bandwidth Internet, fast speeds, and constantly evolving games, a disc makes no sense.

1 minute ago, Sphere said:

I once wiped my rear end on a disc, and it still worked, thumbprint and all. It's just that with high bandwidth Internet, fast speeds, and constantly evolving games, a disc makes no sense.

Meh don't really agree with that statement.
There's a lot of countries that throttle or limit the amount of data you can download.
Having the disk available at that point instead of downloading 16Gb on the meter is a clear advantage.

If digital copies were cheaper than hard copies, then no one would buy the physical copies. This would greatly impact companies (think of Gamestop). Also, if more players switched to digital there would be the issue of not having enough room to save your games. I personally have a 6 TB external hard drive for my Xbox and I already have 4 TB filled with over 200 games.

8 minutes ago, PaleoJoe said:

If digital copies were cheaper than hard copies, then no one would buy the physical copies. This would greatly impact companies (think of Gamestop). Also, if more players switched to digital there would be the issue of not having enough room to save your games. I personally have a 6 TB external hard drive for my Xbox and I already have 4 TB filled with over 200 games.

It's exactly because of companies like Gamestop that digital copies are being sold so expensive.
It's a practise they force on companies wanting to do retail.
And they can, because most companies simply do not have the leverage to roll out their games themselves across the world for retail sales.
They ask companies like Gamestop to do it.

And those companies demand that all prices are set to the same point.
Whether it's digital or not, doesn't matter. No price discrimination.
That's the only way these companies can actually compete against the digital download platforms such as Steam.

And yes, you run into the storage problem eventually.
This is why you pray that the digital image remains available online so you can redownload it later.
What happens when Wildcard ceases to exist? Will their digital content survive?
If you have a physical copy at hat point nothing is stopping you from installing it and going single player.
Physical copies have far more benefits then you think.

26 minutes ago, Olivar said:

And yes, you run into the storage problem eventually.

This sounds like an issue directly related to ark, lol. I handle it in the same way. Once I am done with a game or get something better. Deleted.

The only disadvantage to digital vs disc is the store credit received when bringing back a disc for trade in however with digital even if you delete it, you can always download it again if you ever decide to come back. 

I haven't bought a hard copy of a movie in like 5 years (Vudu) a hard copy of a game in like 3 years (PS Store) or a hard copy of music in like 4 years (Google Play). less clutter, less hassle. 

2 minutes ago, yekrucifixion187 said:

This sounds like an issue directly related to ark, lol. I handle it in the same way. Once I am done with a game or get something better. Deleted.

The only disadvantage to digital vs disc is the store credit received when bringing back a disc for trade in however with digital even if you delete it, you can always download it again if you ever decide to come back. 

I haven't bought a hard copy of a movie in like 5 years (Vudu) a hard copy of a game in like 3 years (PS Store) or a hard copy of music in like 4 years (Google Play). less clutter, less hassle. 

Well I'm not the type of person to trade in his games. I keep every single copy I own. Including my cartridges from the megadrive and Snes.

What happens when the digital platform is taken down? What then with your copy?

Just now, Olivar said:

What happens when the digital platform is taken down? What then with your copy?

By that time I will have moved on to something else and Ark, or COD, or whatever it may be will be an afterthought. I won't delete the game until I am done with it. I still have Seven Days to Die and Battlefield 1 on my hard drive because these are games I may come back to some day but haven't played since i started playing Ark but the last Hitman? Played it, beat some of the missions, didn't have the same feel as early Hitman's, deleted and haven't thought about it until now. 

The same goes for Until Dawn and other stuff in general. When I finally make my decision to part with something it's a final decision because I'll use every bit of it I can. So says my work boots with duct tape holding the toe together. Lol. 

Archived