General Discussion of Under The Mapping on Official PvP Servers

CrackerJackx13

Please speak up as this issue is game breaking on OFFICIAL PVP servers and has been over a year, as the developers come out with more content(dlc, sequal, etc), you think this issue would be fixed and take precedent over new content?

I Would like people in the community to have a General Discussion about this issue. Under The Mapping has become a issue on all Official Ark maps since May of last year and continues to persist to today. I would like to discuss Peoples Experiences with this issue, what they have dealt with, and if you believe this issue should be fixed! Do you the Ark Community want a Kill Barrier under the map to stop under the mapping?

In regards to the Victims of this Issue who lose everything,  What should Admins do to help them?

THIS POST WILL NOT ALLOW ANYONE TO DISCUSS HOW TO DO IT, BUT ADDRESS PEOPLES EXPERIENCES, OPINIONS AND HOW TO STOP IT, IF AT ALL!

25 minutes ago, Olivar said:

How to stop it:

Report it and watch the bases get wiped

I can vouch for this. Quite literally watched an account named "Wildcard GM4" log in to my official server the other day on Xbox -- they responded to a report about a Tribe building in glitch/under the  map spots on Ragnarok. 7 members of our tribe got to sit on fliers and watch a flying naked man look at one of their gates, and destroy every single structure then tame they owned.

2 hours ago, ducttapefixeseverything said:

So have they made under map attackers a priority now? 

Good.

Something needed to happen to the GM response time on this threat.

Because by the time the undermappers attack, the GMs previous response time was always weeks late.

you think they would put a kill barrier though by now.

1 hour ago, Olivar said:

Kind of hard with caves being below the Mesh, as well as the undersea areas.
Would require some skillful crafted invisible texture, increasing calculation load.

20 feet from the lowest point of the ocean floor, caves are a different story. im sure the community would be more ten happily put together a kill barrier 

On 11/16/2017 at 1:47 AM, Orion said:

I can vouch for this. Quite literally watched an account named "Wildcard GM4" log in to my official server the other day on Xbox -- they responded to a report about a Tribe building in glitch/under the  map spots on Ragnarok. 7 members of our tribe got to sit on fliers and watch a flying naked man look at one of their gates, and destroy every single structure then tame they owned.

How often though, this issue is happening everyday and do the admins give back the tames? Do the admins give back all material grinded for that base and items? DO Admins restore the undermapped area? in most cases of this i have heard a DEFININITIVE NO on the xbox.

Archived