How Does Your Tribe Operate?

Demerus

Hey all,

Reaching out to my fellow survivors out there mainly on the PVE side, but this could also apply to our PVP brethren.
Just looking to get different perspectives of what you all do in your tribes and how they function.

Is your tribe more organized and structured, or more laid back and go with the flow?

Does your tribe have a rewards system in place to motivate your members and give back for hard work, loyalty and dedication?

Do you have a Tribe Event Calendar to stay on track toward certain goals? (monday, Weds are caving/tribute farming days, Saturday is Boss Day. etc)

Do your tribe mates have certain roles or individual responsibilities? (hunter/gatherer, Miner, Gardener. Etc)

Is your tribe part of a big alliance that helps eachother out with breeding and sharing stats on dinos for the betterment and progression of your fellow players?

Basically, what makes your tribe tick and if you have any creative ideas, or what you enjoy about how your tribe functions, feel free to share!

When I get lonely I talk to my Dodos in my solo tribe.

Basically it's hmm, what do I need today. Right, meat and berry runs for days.

And that's all there is to it folks!

But to add value, if I had a tribe I'd probably run it based on tribe needs and ranks. Weekdays should be for farming crates/artifacts/building/bossing. Weekends for breeding and farming maetrials. That's the general schedule I'd run as solo.

If I had an even larger tribe, dynamics totally change as the pure numbers negate the need to be efficient in farming. So I'd probably have a schedule for bossing/farming/doing whatever days. If my tribe mates are close that is.

If I had a tribe full of randoms and ranks, I'd probably have a reward system in there too.

Our PvP tribe well

there is 0 rewards

We get objectives from leaders, and those that want/can will follow it

Leaders asks what our fav role is and design us as such, however, as an experienced player i would hate to only have 1 role, so i do the role i want/can do anytime.

Only role that is really only for the assigned people is breeding. they put dinos higher rank so you cant mate them. even if you tamed it...

We are part of big alliance which helps eachother in case of raids. (attacking and defending) but for the breeding, its still trading only.

i tend to avoid rigidly structured tribes with assigned and enforced roles, no one likes to be micromanaged and playing games shouldn't be a chore. especially in the case of a PVE server where no one needs to pretend that they're Arthur Wellesley the Duke of Wellington. a tribe calendar is a fine idea though, I haven't seen it used in ARK in particular, but it's a great way to bond and keep a tribe together.

Everyone fights over space in the breeding room and fertilised eggs,  no dinos to breed all on cooldowns,  tribe leader keeps a constant metal run going and some people have split into twos and do their own grind for stuff,  vaults full of everything build what you want,  everyone else just farms weapons and goes scouting other servers.  If you got nothing to do go pearl cave or Cp run. 

No leaders in our tribe. Power struggles lead to arguments then being insided. 

A typical conversation might go :

"What you up to?"

"Going to knock out a spino"

"Cool. You got the kibble?"

"Nope. Can you bring some over?"

"Go **** yourself. I'm replacing the gas that you wasted leaving the grill on." 

"****"

Our tribe is my wife and I and sometimes my kids, which usually means the kids do whatever they want when they want and I do what I'm told. xD

In all fairness though, I tend to do all the building and most of the taming, although my wife assists with both, she does a LOT of grinding for resources for the building in particular and we BOTH spend a LOT of our time on breeding and for colour mutations in particular.

We're of the same mindset as far as end goal but mostly have leeway as to what we do. We only tame high level stuff and only if it has wild points we are looking for. He does most of the building because he is better at it then me though i have no problem grinding and making the materials. We split on breeding/raising. I do a bit more taming but i'm on more than him too. I do more water stuff. We both grind about the same. We both have leeway on trades. Complete trust that we will do what is best for the tribe. We only really run ideas of major things like boss fights and very expensive purchases like Mosa's, Squid's, Giga's, by each other or if we want to do a mass breeding event so that we know we have the time to help each other out. So I guess laid back and easy. 

2 hours ago, IanHighlander said:

Our tribe is my wife and I and sometimes my kids, which usually means the kids do whatever they want when they want and I do what I'm told. xD

In all fairness though, I tend to do all the building and most of the taming, although my wife assists with both, she does a LOT of grinding for resources for the building in particular and we BOTH spend a LOT of our time on breeding and for colour mutations in particular.

So basically the same roles as real life eh ;)

My tribemate and I played solo on Legacy, and just decided to tribe up in the new servers.  We are both pretty laid back, and work together well.  We decide on a goal, and work toward that through grinding, taming, and breeding.  The best part of having a tribe, however, is when our play styles differentiate.  For example, I hate haggling on deals and selling things, and tend to just give stuff away.  My tribemate takes up my slack and gets us paid.  If you can simply build upon the different strengths and weaknesses or likes and dislikes that are natural to all of us you will be miles ahead.

Our tribe is kind of like a ranking system that members move up through as old ones leave, or they prove themselves.

Owner/Leader - As the leader of the tribe, I do not have to tell people what to do often. I deal with negotiations and main discussions with our allied servers. I am also the one that has to be the bad guy when nobody else wants to tell that one scrub member that kills everything that their time with us is up. I try to be fair and keep a calm head when everything goes wrong and am also one of the 3 builders in our tribe. 

General - Just like in real life this guy is in charge of the wars we go into. If we are actively fighting, his word can trump mine since he knows how to pvp better than me. I only have to step in when he becomes to aggressive to the tribe because of mistakes, or when I seriously see his call as a detrimental move that will sacrifice more than we will gain. To put it simple he is the head of the pvp side while I deal with the pve

Tamers, breeders, builders, and grinders all make up the rest of our tribe without any majorly distinguished titles. Everyone is not only asked, but expected to do all of these jobs minus building. We work as a tribe and have plenty of tribe owned things that are not personal. Any person that joins the tribe with a selfish attitude does not last long since it brings a toxic attitude in that I will not let spread and run people off. 

We don't have specific days for each thing other than oil runs for the generators. Those happen the same day every 2 weeks since we literally have about 30-50 generators to fill each time. Everyone does what they feel like doing the most that benefits the base, and it is an honor system on them rotating what they do so that all of the grinding does not fall onto the back of one person. However, I do have a huge wall with constantly changing signs that tells what we need done. As one task is finished, its erased then replaced with a new one.

Oh and randomly once every 2 weeks or so we have a BS day where we all seem to unspokenly agree to goof off in some way or another. Last time we did this I believe we flew down the beaches giving all of the noobs ascendant clubs then watched and laughed. Before that we had a cook off where all of the crafting characters came on and tried to make the best custom recipes. 

Archived