pve AU ThreadRipper Server Cluster (9X) ALL MAPS! Community, Support, Dedicated TR4.

Sphere

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lost power last night. It took two hours before it returned. It went off at 8:15 pm, and thus I rolled back to 8 pm, a loss of 15 minutes. This included the obelisk, which I have backup saves of. It's standard practice here to make sure after a power outage to roll back to the start of the hour to prevent any loss of data, other than progress due to a loss of time. Typically I warn people of any storms in the area. But this was not a storm that took it down. The power grid had a fault.

I got tricked into updating the servers. Steam said 298.39, Survive the ARK forum said 298.37. I went from off what Steam community said on their page. RIP. All good tho. Server Aberration validated the files and then said nothing to update, rest of the servers stayed online. I prefer to not take things down unless I have to. And in this case, I was going to only take the unpopulated servers down as I updated, and then the populated ones after a little bit. But no problem, was a false update. XD

I got the ram disk working last night, and then started using it for the backup server which was needed. One of the players lost a dinosaur and gear due to something entirely out of his control and not his fault. So fixed him up. Had to get that ram disk working tho because without it, I am effectively wearing down an SSD to create a save file for recovery. All good now. :)

Had some rainy weather last night, and today it looks just cloudy. But I have a maintenance scheduled for today in about 4 hours from now. So after I get back from working, I can get that done. I hope to setup an event for the week so that people can enjoy that bit of fun. I just wish that the platform allowed me to do some more useful adjustments to the game to allow for more interesting events. For example, how about any dinosaur allowing for custom loots. I can do that if I download the tools to edit item drops and setup a mod for the server. But yeah, I don't have those skills. Other people do tho, might just have to acquire some talent. Maybe my map maker who is working on the project still, can do a small task like this.

My AMD RYZEN Wraith Ripper cooler came in the mail. But it came pre-scratched on the front of the thing, which means that it is somewhat defective. But I figure once it's in a case, it should be dark enough that nobody will see it. If that is the case, why bother worrying right? Plus, nothing is perfect in this world so.

Update!

Here it is!

IMG-20191010-142709.jpg

Archived