pve AU ThreadRipper Server Cluster (9X) ALL MAPS! Community, Support, Dedicated TR4.

Sphere

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Everything working great, up until I caught my server in the act trying to murphy's law on me. Server error code FF and I had to restart the server and re-seat the ethernet card along with a netsh winsock reset. I am always keeping an eye on the server, or am within reach to save it asap. This time it happened in front of me. Rare event this type of problem.

Weird situation today. I got a report of the island server being down. So I poked it with RCON with 2 commands. To save, and to destroywilddinos. Both worked! So there must be something else going on. I tried logging in. It let me in. Now I use Loopback on the modem so that way I can get in via WAN (I think that was the name). Obviously the server was still working. Eh... I decided to restart it anyway. Nobody was on that one at the time.

Not a great day today for me. Went to help a friend and set everything up correctly. However, regardless of what I did, which was double checked, I got to see a mosfet controller catch fire on a motherboard. NOT SERVER RELATED. But yeah, hopefully I can get that fixed up for my friend on Friday and all will be okay. But uh, that's as long as nothing else died.

Almost got the launcher perfect. Although Trend Micro doesn't like the compression on the installer. It's their way to protect against unknown applications that use compression based technology. Without compression, it doesn't care. Other AV programs, and Google Chrome, all think the installer is fine. The actual launcher itself is fine too. Will be looking into adding it to this ad.

Zero disconnects. That's pretty darn impressive. Although given how the Internet is a large infrastructure of tubes and servers that get you from you to me, and back, I wouldn't be surprised if there are more on the way. But wow, players are reporting 0 disconnects. I did change the core affinities recently. Okay so the affinities go from 0 to 31. Aberration on the list is using 0, 1, 12, 13, 14, 15. Extinction server is using 2, 3, 12, 13, 14, 15. This continues for 5 servers. However, when I go to the 6th server, it goes 16, 17, 28, 29, 30, 31. This is to avoid using the infinity fabric to transmit core data across from Numa 0 to Numa 1. I want to keep the infinity fabric open for memory transfers between Memory Channels 0, 1, and 2, 3. You don't really want to bottleneck the infinity fabric. This will not be an issue for Threadripper 3, which should come out at the end of the year. Also, AMD plans to release as 64 core 128 Threadripper behemoth. At that point you might as well buy an Epyc Rome CPU, or two in fact, and use them in a server motherboard. It's only a few thousand bucks for a rack, and a few more for a couple chips to put in. But the reason we go with Threadripper is because of overclocking. And that is why I did. My memory is in quad channel mode, set to to the motherboard max speed of 2667 MHz on the memory, and overclocking the CPU to 3.9 GHz. I can maintain 3.95 GHz with an LLC mode 2. But for 24/7 operation, not the best idea.

Archived