pve AU ThreadRipper Server Cluster (9X) ALL MAPS! Community, Support, Dedicated TR4.

Sphere

I need to think up and plan another event for next weekend. I wish there were more tools available that are outside the need to use modification files. For example, the ability to add dinosaur loots to have players hunting certain mobs for an event. You can kinda hack in custom loots as a beacon, but only for dinosaurs that give extra items related to boss runs. And that sucks... I should try getting a mod developer on board to allow for adjustable event mob loots. Probably the only way to do it really.

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I caught my AV today trying to screw with players at the start of every hour. It was tripping on ARK Server Manager. Silly thing. The servers are running fine tho. I look forward to the weekend, Valguero gets to enjoy it's full features with an event, taking the stock map to what it was meant to be. But sadly what it was meant to be is not good for a full cluster of maps, as the mod competes with other maps. Thus why it's an event. Saturday to Friday. About a week will be that event. Going to enjoy looking at the pretty dinosaurs and then eating them. Mwahahahahaha! ?

Just a heads up, the event this weekend on Valguero requires the Valguero mod extension mod. You can find this here. Only the 1st mod is being used. It will start on the 20th and run until the 26th. Also 1.2x dinosaurs on that map.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1786522940

Also going to be running the weekend event this weekend with a few nice things. Check Discord for more information.

I wonder how many people read these messages. ❤️ this post if you actually did. Lmao

Anyways, I brought down the weekend event and then put up a new event for the week. It's only a small thing tho. Maybe somebody will find some use out of it. Servers should still be stable. We still got active users online all the time. I do wonder tho, how to get more user engagement happening to foster more community. Been trying more and more things. Online games thrive on user engagement. Silence kills it.

It's cool how each time a person joins the server, they suggest a new mod for us to look at. Eh, most of the time we can't use the mod for various reasons. But I did get to see a mod that this game very much needs. It makes all the dinosaurs behave like actual animals with new animations and actions. It brings them to life. This is what this game needs desperately for immersion. At present, the dinosaurs feel like another fancy car in my driveway or garage. That mod brings them into the realm of being actual creatures. Too bad it's still in early development.

So yeah, keep recommending mods, but sadly the vetting process is pretty strict and high, because every mod needs to be installed by all new players, and adds to the join time required to load in the mods when you connect to the server, each and every time you play. So the bar for passing needs to be high. If it wasn't for that, I would have all the eco mods. XD

Edit: Updated the installer for the threadripper launcher.

Super busy day today. So tired. ? Boss had me working like a slave. Servers are doing fine tho. However, yesterday we had some trouble with mod-mismatch. Did some research on the problem and apparently the issue was global to all unofficial servers, hitting people randomly. Steam was bugging out. At least fixes to it were available.

I restarted the servers by request, reseated the ethernet card, reset the connection, because apparently I care. Thankfully it was no inconvenience. However, sadly, looks like it wasn't my end that was causing the problems for some people. Something wrong with somewhere in the world. This is sadly the problem with online games. But at least most of the time the game runs fine.

I need to test some content on my test server today. I hope I can get it done. Work might not let me, but I will try. I also have to pull apart my gaming pc and rebuild and clean out the cooling system. The server was cleaned out yesterday. I took it down for some time to maintenance.

And finished cleaning my gaming pc and rebuilding it's cooling system. Looks real pretty. Too bad the flow meter although in a prominent position to be seen, cannot be seen because no lighting on it to show what it is doing. But it is there anyways, just incase something is going wrong and I can check it to make sure I actually have a working pump.

Archived