What's is this dino overhaul thing

GriffinGolemGaming

Ah the famous TLC.

Tender Love and Care.
It's where they want to re-purpose/fix/re-balance the dinosaurs so that the original, older dinosaurs become more useful again compared to all the newer, more powerful ones that got added, as well as redo animations and models for some of them as they're rather primitive compared to the newer models.

No exact date exists, but it's scheduled to be done after Aberration.

3 hours ago, Olivar said:

Ah the famous TLC.

Tender Love and Care.
It's where they want to re-purpose/fix/re-balance the dinosaurs so that the original, older dinosaurs become more useful again compared to all the newer, more powerful ones that got added, as well as redo animations and models for some of them as they're rather primitive compared to the newer models.

No exact date exists, but it's scheduled to be done after Aberration.

So sometime in 2018..maybe

4 hours ago, GriffinGolemGaming said:

I was told and saw something about old dinos get buffs and new ability?

Dino Overhaul is coming out around the same time dynamic length bridges are due.  Until then, enjoy your obsolete gigantopithecus, pachy, scorpion etc. etc. etc.

The changes to the doed, mammoth and anky are examples of the overhaul tho.  Those dinos never used to have weight reduction, making them only useful for weight glitching... which they fixed at the same time they updated those dinos (sort of fixed).

Priority one should be the Allosaurus. I may actually tame some then. I understand Rex is king (technically Giga but for cost we'll say Rex) but Allo's shouldn't be that far behind them. I have a 2nd gen bear. It's a good bear. I got 98% imprint on it and it is currently at 8k hp and 540% melee yet even I don't think I should be able to just straight destroy a 3 pack of wild Allo's 150, 140, 100. Just shouldn't happen especially with their bleed effect. 

22 minutes ago, yekrucifixion187 said:

Priority one should be the Allosaurus. I may actually tame some then. I understand Rex is king (technically Giga but for cost we'll say Rex) but Allo's shouldn't be that far behind them. I have a 2nd gen bear. It's a good bear. I got 98% imprint on it and it is currently at 8k hp and 540% melee yet even I don't think I should be able to just straight destroy a 3 pack of wild Allo's 150, 140, 100. Just shouldn't happen especially with their bleed effect. 

I agree that the bear should lose, but thats a tamed vs wild issue, not an Allo issue. Wild Rexes will get slaughtered by that bear too. In my opinion Allo has a pretty solid niche as a sauropod slayer/pinner of fast targets. Not to mention its speed and agility.

Sarco and Megalodon are in far worse spots right now. And yeah, about the 'king'... I think he deserves to actually be good at something rather than just be a general-use dino that's easy to tame...

2 minutes ago, Lockjaw said:

Wild Rexes will get slaughtered by that bear too

fixed it. lol. It's an awesome bear. I use it to tame everything since I can fire off back of it and it can tank well. I used it to kite a griffin into a trap the other day but it couldn't get out the back (public trap, weird design probably made for ptera's/humans kiting) so I just let it absorb punishment until the Griff was down. I love their power swipe, I just think numbers should overwhelm sometimes yet outside of a Giga,Titan, Golem and maybe a Wyvern, I won't worry about anything while on that bear. Seems weird to not worry about fighting a Rex with a bear but I guess that's why I raised the best bear I could, for the time being until I find higher stats to breed in, to not worry about other dino's. 

Archived