Auto-decay claiming way too much.

Fevee

14 minutes ago, Herbapou said:

All of my tamed are in a huge based with a roof and walls and its 100% metal. Does that changed anything?  Dino will despawn after 8 days right?

We are pilling up eggs and kibbles in the refrigerators so we can tame again. The best we can do atm.

We didnt start breeding yet, so we cant lose breeded dinos.

Structure timers and tame timers are separate, your tame expire timers are always going to be the same

i have had problems with it but not to that scale i had one foundation in the middle of my base auto decay once with tribe mates on i think it might just be a glitch with the system that one item did not register the log in but for a big chunk of the base that is really weird any chance no one stood on that part because that could cause the items to update that way  

18 hours ago, Fevee said:

Seriously, I might as well give up on this server, the immense amount of supplies and resources that was lost is pretty disheartening. At least I know singleplayer games don't do this to me. I say, fix that auto decay timer to be a little bit more considerate.

Not to sound mean but single player may be more your speed if that little bit of a setback has you throwing up your arms and declaring defeat.  You made a mistake assuming the decay timers worked how you thought they should instead of looking it up.  This game is complex with many things to consider, more so if you play online.  The decay timers are there to limit server clutter which is desperately needed.  If you indeed had a large amount of resources stashed you have no excuse for any part of your base being thatch, let alone your foundations that had said resources placed on them.  Long story short dont blame the game because you didn't understand its mechanics, learn from your mistake and get better or move on.

• 1 month later...

Same thing happened to us.  Had a nice base on scorched earth filled with dinos, fabricator, smithy, forge, etc.  Logged in right before Aberration launched last week (12th).  Had a lot of fun playing Aberration so didn't log in to SE again until yesterday (6 days).  All adobe had auto-decayed so all dinos, crafting stations, storage boxes, blueprints, etc. gone.  I've seen auto-decay timers on other bases of over 10 days so didn't realize things could decay in less than a week.  I understand that different materials decay at different rates but Adobe is basically mandatory on SE so having to log in more than once a week or risk losing all of your stuff seems silly.  Going to take a break from game so I guess WC has done us a favor.

23 minutes ago, DeningWei said:

The current system of decay is perfect.  Upgrade if you want more time. Hell tek is over a month.

Dinos aren't and thats a part of the problem - they need to have at least 15 days till decay instead of 8 so people can safely take vacations without worrying about them vanishing in thin air.

i think auto decay needs to be longer for both structures & dinos, 21 days/ 3weeks sounds fair to me. Maybe just 10 days for thatch/wood. For small tribes this really is annoying.

Or maybe an option to set a vacation timer, which u can use only 2 or 3 times every year for max 30 days. No need to look after your base or anything that can happen with it.

On 11/15/2017 at 12:35 PM, SmokeyB said:

Yeah on my official rag pvp server stuff auto decays for us too,  in a active  tribe with people on all the time,  not just lone foundations but all sorts of things even our plant x auto decay outside our Base,  and metal walls and stuff auto decay. 

I don't see the need for it either on pvp. Funny thing is they had it right the first time when game launched,  stuff would be on a time and then go demolish allowed so people could demo it if it was in the way but it didn't automatic disappear so people on the server could tell you to get on your Base is demolish allowed, and most times people could get on in time to save it.

I completely agree. I far more enjoyed this method of ‘decay’ than what we have now. If someone stumbles across the ruins of a base that hasn’t been active in a month? Chances are that someone will go ahead and demo it—probably for their own personal gain, but demo it regardless.

Id purposely go around the server to find bases that could be demo’d just because it’s be ruining whatever natural spawns were nearby it. I was that conscientious. Should have called my tribe Captain Planet ?

On 11/15/2017 at 6:00 AM, invincibleqc said:

If you are not rendering them timers won't reset.

Even rendering does not ensure timers are reset. Just this week, we lost 6 900 Melee Ankys, A Quetz with 7K carry weight and a mutated Tapa to the decay timer.

We logged in and visited all of our outposts to reset the timers, we are enjoying AB expansion so not on our normal server as much as usual. 

It seems the timers did not take on Obsidian mountain where these dinos are stored. Lost them all...However the timers at Red Ob with all our Boss Rex's did reset, thank goodness.

Not sure why timer would reset all of our other outposts, but not on Obsidian Mountain?

That sucks so bad. :|

I didn't visit the Ice Cave (Ragnarok) for about a week and my level 285 bear auto-decayed. It's just pathetic really because I'm on official PvP

Why the hell do we have harsh auto-decay timers on PvP servers? understandable for big raided empty shell-bases, but even they last a long time before auto-decaying. It's just stupid. I even put a griffin trap down near green Ob and unlocked the gates for everyone to use. It was about 6-7 dino gates close together, but because I didn't visit it in about 5/7 days, it auto-decayed. GG

59 minutes ago, Palenor said:

Even rendering does not ensure timers are reset. Just this week, we lost 6 900 Melee Ankys, A Quetz with 7K carry weight and a mutated Tapa to the decay timer.

We logged in and visited all of our outposts to reset the timers, we are enjoying AB expansion so not on our normal server as much as usual. 

It seems the timers did not take on Obsidian mountain where these dinos are stored. Lost them all...However the timers at Red Ob with all our Boss Rex's did reset, thank goodness.

Not sure why timer would reset all of our other outposts, but not on Obsidian Mountain?

Perhaps there might by a bug? The same EXACT thing happened to me, and it was also on Obsidian Mountain (had my favorite farming tames there).  Did the same as you, reset timers in outpost but for w.e reason this base specifically didn't work, even though I had fed them the few days before it wasn't just a mere render.

5 hours ago, DarkEliteH2 said:

I completely agree. I far more enjoyed this method of ‘decay’ than what we have now. If someone stumbles across the ruins of a base that hasn’t been active in a month? Chances are that someone will go ahead and demo it—probably for their own personal gain, but demo it regardless.

Id purposely go around the server to find bases that could be demo’d just because it’s be ruining whatever natural spawns were nearby it. I was that conscientious. Should have called my tribe Captain Planet ?

Yeah I used to do that too , I suppose it's the alpha job to keep the server clean. I would rather have to spend an hour every week cleaning up ruins than suddenly have our whole sea cave auto demolish and lose all the tames. 

Plus even if your base was demo allowed no ne could demo it because of the turrets. It was a much better system. 

• 2 months later...
On 11/15/2017 at 1:06 PM, Dustrider said:

Personally I understand why they added the auto-decay timers to PVP but I kinda miss how it was during EA. Every burned out base told a story, you could find grave markers hidden in the jungle etc. It just made your server feel like it had history, you could see evidence of the tribes and battles that came before you. Again I know why they changed it but part of me wishes it went back to the way it was.

This

This is stupid. You used the most basic building structure and then complain when it despawns?

No, the REAL problem with despawning in Ark now is Dino Despawning.

You think your metal outposts are going to protect your wolf from being claimed when the timer runs out?

Nope, not anymore. Because now the wolf will just despawn from inside and you'll be left with an expensive and empty metal box.

THAT is what is killing Ark. The fact I cannot set up outposts around the map for caves runs without having to log in and fast travel around the map every 4 days or all my tames despawn from the game completely? Hahahaha....

Ark is becoming a thing of the past for most working people.

• Volunteer Moderator
6 minutes ago, Jacira said:

No, the REAL problem with despawning in Ark now is Dino Despawning.

You think your metal outposts are going to protect your wolf from being claimed when the timer runs out?

Nope, not anymore. Because now the wolf will just despawn from inside and you'll be left with an expensive and empty metal box.

THAT is what is killing Ark. The fact I cannot set up outposts around the map for caves runs without having to log in and fast travel around the map every 4 days or all my tames despawn from the game completely? Hahahaha....

Don't exaggerate, the decay timer for tamed creatures is 8 days; not 4. They disabled claiming as another step in trying to help with capped servers.

10 minutes ago, Jacira said:

Ark is becoming a thing of the past for most working people.

Due to how crowded they are, official servers are configured so that you have to be active. Not that rendering your dinos once a week is difficult, but most of people that cannot maintain with default timers/rates are playing on unofficial servers configured accordingly so that they can be inactive for longer period of time without losing their progression.

Archived