Auto-decay claiming way too much.

Fevee

It's not too preposterous to assume we have a life outside of the videogame ARK: Survival Evolved, right? Right?

Don't you dare take a day or two off, or else you log back in to find this!20171115001022_1.thumb.jpg.ddf4185e032777a78838d01e945a38b5.jpg

It would seem like thatch withered away faster than the adobe. Fine, it's thatch. It's weak. But yeesh, it's not like the house was defending an angry T rex the whole time! If you're trying to prevent people setting down cheap thatch foundations and staking claim to too much land, that's sensible. But if it's part of a foundation, with walls and storage boxes and bookshelves and SMITHYS HOLDING OBSCENE AMOUNTS OF RESOURCES I HAD THE AUDACITY TO COLLECT. Because, I don't know, I thought it'd be safe in the large storage boxes behind the clay walls of my plateau home on a PvE server...

I was in the process of converting it all to adobe, sure, but if I'm going to continue being honest; adobe is kinda ludicrous to make. When you figure out an Ankly works better by biting the small cacti instead of the big ones, then cactus sap gets easy-enough to collect. But collecting sand in the desert is harder than it sounds. Even the famed Doedicurus: The Auto-Sand Collector doesn't scrape enough together to really be of merit.

I can understand auto decay erasing building away from players who apparently have given up on the server and won't be coming back. BUT HOW ABOUT WE TAKE THE WHOLE BUILDING, OR NONE AT ALL!?!?!?! Something in your UE4 blueprints should recognize the difference between an entire house, and a few wayward land-claiming thatch foundations. And thus synchronize the delay timer. I was somehow under the impression that things were going to decay away in a week. Meaning I had seven days to log back in. I log back in only a few days later ... and I might as well have lost everything.

Seriously, I might as well give up on this server, the immense amount of supplies and resources that was lost is pretty disheartening. At least I know singleplayer games don't do this to me. I say, fix that auto decay timer to be a little bit more considerate.

• Volunteer Moderator
5 minutes ago, Jabroni said:

We had our Basil and Angler despawn in Official PVP! Even though people are logged in daily. Stuff auto decays all the time for us. Even Metal. But we have people online everyday.

They need to change something with this auto decay. I also dont see the need for it in PvP.

If you are not rendering them timers won't reset. Login in is not enough. And there is definitely a need for it in PvP. Imagine a base that have been entirely looted, do you really think players will spend time and resources blowing every ruins that might be left if there is no loot in the end? Exactly.

8 minutes ago, invincibleqc said:

If you are not rendering them timers won't reset. Login in is not enough. And there is definitely a need for it in PvP. Imagine a base that have been entirely looted, do you really think players will spend time and resources blowing every ruins that might be left if there is no loot in the end? Exactly.

Not to mention pipes and cables all over the place...

6 hours ago, invincibleqc said:

I dont know how it was exactly, but structures of wiped People disapeared after like a month of said wiped tribe not logging on anymore. But the fact that my tames decay even though we Play daily is a complete joke.

If something is in the way you can kill it or blow it up. They only added this because of issues in PvE.

• Volunteer Moderator
2 minutes ago, Jabroni said:

If something is in the way you can kill it or blow it up. They only added this because of issues in PvE.

Of course, ruins all over the server that nobody will spend time and resources to blow won't cause extreme lags for the entire server from all the structure/dinos abandoned over 2 years, of course, of course. Don't put the blame on PvE; decaying structures are for freeing memory and increase server performance for any gamemode.

6 hours ago, Jabroni said:

We had our Basil and Angler despawn in Official PVP! Even though people are logged in daily. Stuff auto decays all the time for us. Even Metal. But we have people online everyday.

They need to change something with this auto decay. I also dont see the need for it in PvP.

Yeah on my official rag pvp server stuff auto decays for us too,  in a active  tribe with people on all the time,  not just lone foundations but all sorts of things even our plant x auto decay outside our Base,  and metal walls and stuff auto decay. 

I don't see the need for it either on pvp. Funny thing is they had it right the first time when game launched,  stuff would be on a time and then go demolish allowed so people could demo it if it was in the way but it didn't automatic disappear so people on the server could tell you to get on your Base is demolish allowed, and most times people could get on in time to save it.

19 minutes ago, invincibleqc said:

Of course, ruins all over the server that nobody will spend time and resources to blow won't cause extreme lags for the entire server from all the structure/dinos abandoned over 2 years, of course, of course. Don't put the blame on PvE; decaying structures are for freeing memory and increase server performance for any gamemode.

Like I said, there was always a decay timer for structures. When nobody of said tribe would log in for a few weeks. When People of that tribe still log on and/or play, why should their stuff decay?

Pillaring and leaving tames all over the map was always a huge Problem in PVE. One of the biggest ones since release. Why on earth do you think a freaking tame has a timer on it in PvP all of a sudden? Clearly because they copy pasted whatever they did for PVE, so yes I can blame that.

I am not against it at all, but the way it is implemented is awful.

6 hours ago, invincibleqc said:

Yeah, I do.  Because I built that base and I can come back and demo it for resources if I want or, heaven forbid, try to rebuild.  If you don't want me doing that, spend the time and effort to blow it up. 

42 minutes ago, invincibleqc said:

Personally I understand why they added the auto-decay timers to PVP but I kinda miss how it was during EA. Every burned out base told a story, you could find grave markers hidden in the jungle etc. It just made your server feel like it had history, you could see evidence of the tribes and battles that came before you. Again I know why they changed it but part of me wishes it went back to the way it was.

11 hours ago, Jabroni said:

Is your tribe set to tribe owned on building and Dinos or personal owned

I am going on vacation for 12 days.  All my bases are 100% metal now so it should last 16 days.

I have 2 generators on the same grid with one ready to take the relay when the first one stops, so I have 30 days of run time, so I am covered.

The problem I have is with tamed dinos. Is the decay timer still 7 days?

Any way we can stored tame's? What about the obelisk?

Only my wife and I in the tribe atm. Was thinking of buying a gaming laptop so we can log during our vacation, but that is one expensive workaround for a game.

On top of that we play on xbox, so we would need the windows 10 version to do that and its not even out yet.

I guess we will need to find friends to take care of our virtual pets.  You guys have any ideas how silly that is... cheese.

7 minutes ago, Herbapou said:

Only my wife and I in the tribe atm. Was thinking of buying a gaming laptop so we can log during our vacation, but that is one expensive workaround for a game.

On top of that we play on xbox, so we would need the windows 10 version to do that and its not even out yet.

I guess we will need to find friends to take care of our virtual pets.  You guys have any ideas how silly that is... cheese.

A giant building with a roof would be your only real bet unless you got friends that can log on for you.

10 minutes ago, Herbapou said:

Or you can leave PC running at home and setup remote unattended access (via Team Viewer for example) for less-powerful laptop or even tablet. All you need is to get on your PC remotely and launch the game, wait until you render dinos and then exit game.

5 minutes ago, GobboKirk said:

A giant building with a roof would be your only real bet unless you got friends that can log on for you.

All of my tamed are in a huge based with a roof and walls and its 100% metal. Does that changed anything?  Dino will despawn after 8 days right?

We are pilling up eggs and kibbles in the refrigerators so we can tame again. The best we can do atm.

We didnt start breeding yet, so we cant lose breeded dinos.

Archived