what is a most useless item in ark

OttoGrunf

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Probably all those items that do something you can do a better way anyway.

Like DarthaNyan mentioned, Flashlight is awesome.  Except, you can just turn up the gamma, so why use it?

The ability to take screenshots with a camera and then paint them on to a canvas would be amazing, except you don't need the in-game camera to do this.

The recipes for making consumables seem like they would be really useful.  Except you can just look up the recipe on the wiki.  And, you probably will even if you use the recipes, since the in-game recipes use 'dollop' instead of just saying how many you need, and so you need to figure out how to decipher them.

The walkie-talkie is probably the most obvious example. 

One of them would be laser sight. Ever since they for some dumb reason added the crosshair in by default for official servers its been entirely redundant. Others are flashlight, radio, cosmetic item engrams such as tables, signposts and lighting (mega waste of engram points), saddles engrams, lance (pointless PVE/Roleplayer weapon), homing mines, the deluxe bed (expensive, no real advantage to making it - just spam normal beds), staircases (takes more effort to use, takes up more space, makes base vulnerable to raiding).

Training Dummy - It was never accurate/reliable

Radio - Because theres so many better ways to communicate

Lesser Antidote - Because you can just transfer to loose the disease

Compost Bin - Because its so horribly not efficient, even when im low level i'll go straight for a dung.

Compass - Because there is easier ways to find your direction.

2 minutes ago, ilidrael said:

Training Dummy - It was never accurate/reliable

Radio - Because theres so many better ways to communicate

Lesser Antidote - Because you can just transfer to loose the disease

Compost Bin - Because its so horribly not efficient, even when im low level i'll go straight for a dung.

Compass - Because there is easier ways to find your direction.

Training dummy are 100% accurate for thatch structure damage. 

Slingshot... They nerfed it twice cause of how good it was VS other players ... Made it completely useless as a early game taming tool.
Radio - Why? it doesn't even work like you would logically think it would...
Compass, waste of time...
Gun attachments... If you could use any scope with tranqs darts then I wouldn't be saying this for the attachments...

Mirrors. Decided to make a bit of a bathroom in my castle the other day, decided that of course it would need a couple of mirrors, even though I know that they don’t actually work that well, learned the engram for the first ever time and looked at the crafting costs. After I finished laughing I decided that my bathroom could do without a mirror.

Archived