Stealthchange: Dinos can no longer be claimed when timer runs out

Fistfeet

• Volunteer Moderator
Just now, Shoosty said:

Yes, it will stink seeing that rock ele or uber giga or high level wyvern just vanish and not be claimable, but it wasn't yours anyway, so what did you lose?

Well, while I understand fully the reasons behind (which helps on server cap, etc.), let's not forget that when there was the AWS outage and that a lot of players lost their character and that support was not able to recover them in time, they turned auto-decay altogether stating that it will "helps players to claim back their creatures/items". By completely turning it off, they should first ensure that character losses are recovered within the week instead of month. Not that I really care, just thoughts I would point it out.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, invincibleqc said:

Well, while I understand fully the reasons behind (which helps on server cap, etc.), let's not forget that when there was the AWS outage and that a lot of players lost their character and that support was not able to recover them in time, they turned auto-decay altogether stating that it will "helps players to claim back their creatures/items". By completely turning it off, they should first ensure that character losses are recovered within the week instead of month. Not that I really care, just thoughts I would point it out.

My understanding is that WC no longer does character restorations at all, but I may be mistaken about that.

Either way, it's horrible if some one loses their character, base, dinos, etc due to a bug or even a mistake, and this change probably increases the chance of these "total wipe" scenarios.

Still, I think it's far more positive than negative.

13 minutes ago, Shoosty said:

My understanding is that WC no longer does character restorations at all, but I may be mistaken about that.

Either way, it's horrible if some one loses their character, base, dinos, etc due to a bug or even a mistake, and this change probably increases the chance of these "total wipe" scenarios.

Still, I think it's far more positive than negative.

Plus I've unfortunately known quite a few people who lost their characters due to the absolutely terrible transfer system and support has never responded in time to actually save anything. One of the many reasons why cutting off support for legacy didn't make the slightest difference.

They could have just kept on saying legacy had customer support after discontinuing it. I don't think anyone would have even noticed. :D

This is already making a difference on my server. Tame cap is off and has been off for 24hrs ... woot! I guess lots of low level para's and trikes are no more. We have a mega tribe who's timer is nearly up and all theirs will b gone soon too ... best update ever ... happy days.

For those saying they want timers to be 'able to help their friends', ask them to place a wooden structure somewhere...it's the same timer. Although I suspect you r one of those who keep spreadsheets of claimable dinos to fill up a massive warehouse of useless tames. I know u enjoyed it, and I'm never against stopping anything ppl enjoy but I guess you'll have to actually play the game now. Taming yourself is fun, trading is fun too... no need to pick up someone else's leftovers - you'll be grateful this madness has ended in the long run.

On 11/15/2017 at 2:45 AM, Xzibit said:

Can you explain this phrase from patch news:

Current Version v516.9: 
- You can no longer download a Dino onto your server if you're at the tribe cap or (PvE) if the server is at the tame cap

I understand that it approach this topic but couldnt get the literal sense...

Basically if a server was at dino cap you could still download dinosaurs onto that server. So cap is 5000. Cannot tame or breed anymore but let’s say I move a rex fleet onto the server? Now the cap is at 5040. If you are at personal tribe cap (500/500) you used to be able to download it and it would appear on the obelisk as an enemy dino with your name on it. You can’t do that anymore. Which is fantastic. 

What is the tame cap currently set at anyway? On the private server I admin, it says the default is 4000, though we set it to 6000 because we have a small population. I've heard before that 5500 is the dino cap on officials, but can someone say what it is really? (I remember it used to be a little over 10k before launch... I suppose extra properties on creatures and a desire for better stability accounts for this reduction... but if it's set really low, I don't know why they didn't put out more servers...)

Good moorning everyone.

I had recently tried to search in some forums and on some other sources to understand why ARK did such thing as : cutting out the time left to claim dinossaurs from abandoned tribes.

I really dont understand this measure, and i belive is one enought to make me wanna stop playing this game.

This provides other playeres to improve their progress a little bit faster, as you can claim others bases if they stop playing , its a rule and fair.

Since Taming is HARD as hell ( The time it takes ) and also Breeding ( omg iam not even talking about the time here ). Whats the point ARK?! Really?

Is there any point of playing Official Servers ?! Really?!

Nop. 

I never in my life saw a game that requiered soooo many time , real life hours to acomplish something that sould be , not easy ok, but not almost impossible!!!!!!

Does this only happen in Official server 646 or in all of them?

If yes , if you guys know, can u please explain me this stupid thing ARK made?!

Ark, you keep surprising me in a bad way all the time.

Thank you all.

Best Regards,

Josh

22 minutes ago, Callimdor said:

Does this only happen in Official server 646 or in all of them?

If yes , if you guys know, can u please explain me this stupid thing ARK made?!

1) Yes, all official servers. It's in the patch notes.

2) It's an attempt to help with the server tame cap. If a tribe quits and their tames are still alive, when the timer goes the tames decay/die and release slots available for other people to tame/breed creatures.

Edit: there's a big thread on the main page right here about it.

27 minutes ago, Callimdor said:

This provides other playeres to improve their progress a little bit faster, as you can claim others bases if they stop playing , its a rule and fair.

Freeloading is not a progress and makes game boring very quick, on top of hoarding and dino-cap issues. Those dinos are not yours to begin with, you didnt work for them so you dont really have any right to complain.

If that change is enough for you to stop playing - then good riddance i'd say.

14 minutes ago, DarthaNyan said:

Freeloading is not a progress and makes game boring very quick, on top of hoarding and dino-cap issues. Those dinos are not yours to begin with, you didnt work for them so you dont really have any right to complain.

:Jerblove::Jerblove::Jerblove:

sorry they only give me an option for one like but felt your response needed more. 

batman thumb.jpg

terminator thumb2.jpg

terminator thumb.jpg

20 minutes ago, DarthaNyan said:

"Since Taming is HARD as hell ( The time it takes ) and also Breeding ( omg iam not even talking about the time here )"

Did you read what i said? 

My good friend i aprecciate ur comment still, for a guy like me that as a lot of work, its not good. And ALSO, it was a rule before, i did not work for them right fair enought.. but i am still playng so, if the dinos are going to die then why not having them to make progress? it gets bored ? no, that will deppend on the way you play. Maybe it gets bored to you , not to all players . If taming were more fast and breending i woulnd take over others bases. Like i said, its one of the rules, always was, this is not from now, u understand what i say? :) Thank you.

4 minutes ago, Callimdor said:

"Since Taming is HARD as hell ( The time it takes ) and also Breeding ( omg iam not even talking about the time here )"

Did you read what i said? 

My good friend i aprecciate ur comment still, for a guy like me that as a lot of work, its not good. And ALSO, it was a rule before, i did not work for them right fair enought.. but i am still playng so, if the dinos are going to die then why not having them to make progress? it gets bored ? no, that will deppend on the way you play. Maybe it gets bored to you , not to all players . If taming were more fast and breending i woulnd take over others bases. Like i said, its one of the rules, always was, this is not from now, u understand what i say? :) Thank you.

Taming is not hard. Some things can take some time but the vast majority of taming is reasonably quick and it's not like you have to sit there for every second of it. You can knock it out and go and do something else. Breeding is easy as well. Get past the baby phase then if you're not imprinting treat it like a normal dino

• Volunteer Moderator

If you don't have time to play on officials, play unofficial with boosted rates or single-player, period. Claiming others stuff always been a bad design, in my opinion. The only thing it was good for, was to let people re-claim their creatures in case of character losses for solo tribe. Other than that, it was allowing Bob&Jane to get end-game creatures without any work which again, in my opinion, was ruining their whole game experience. Where is the fun of starting playing a survival game, claim some Wyverns and no longer fear your environment? Get boring rather quickly and these players won't stay around for long for sure. I personally had way more fun getting rekt by Dilo and Raptor as a level 10 player throwing spears and getting rekt in my thatch mansion than being untouchable in my metal city with my OP dinos.

Claiming system was a bad system (not saying broken) they had to remove it with the release of the game since enough good(bad) examples where on the legacy servers it was abused to much by players.

If you really are dependend on claiming then a better option is playing single player where you can spawn them and use steam chat or any other tool to be social.

9 minutes ago, Avaraxius said:

Claiming system was a bad system (not saying broken) they had to remove it with the release of the game since enough good(bad) examples where on the legacy servers it was abused to much by players.

If you really are dependend on claiming then a better option is playing single player where you can spawn them and use steam chat or any other tool to be social.

I just imagined a "I have a previously summoned level 1000 Rex, and have summoned another level 1001 Rex for myself so i'm making progress because taming is hard" chat message and i found it absurdly amusing.

Just now, HiImZech said:

bruh this comes back to a concern when 1 newbie made a tribe and then left his own tribe by accident

his houses and dinos will be up and disappear in 1 week. will support get back to him within that period of time? can we say for sure support can always reply a ticket and get in game within 7 days?

He won't be getting anything back that's for sure. If he left the tribe by accident that's no one else's fault but his own. 

See it as a lesson learnt and don't make the same mistake again.

Just now, Dylan1602 said:

He won't be getting anything back that's for sure. If he left the tribe by accident that's no one else's fault but his own. 

See it as a lesson learnt and don't make the same mistake again.

How about when the game erase your char and so you're out of your own tribe ? Still his fault ? because hes playing and got unlucky i bet xD 

Just now, ilidrael said:

How about when the game erase your char and so you're out of your own tribe ? Still his fault ? because hes playing and got unlucky i bet xD 

Characters being erased is completely different to accidentally leaving. I'm sure if his character was erased then there could be a good chance he gets the help he needs. But what is the likelihood of a newbie having a character erased? The vast majority of character loss is because of transferring servers.  

13 minutes ago, Dylan1602 said:

Characters being erased is completely different to accidentally leaving. I'm sure if his character was erased then there could be a good chance he gets the help he needs. But what is the likelihood of a newbie having a character erased? The vast majority of character loss is because of transferring servers.  

He wouldnt get the help he needs nope. :/ 

i know this because i have just been answered to my ticket 10mins ago by a GM, i wont get anything back from my deleted char lvl 96 with 3  boss down. not even xp.

yep its not likely to happen to a noob, but theres more than noobs in this game. :P 

Edit: In fact they are answering everyone who lost their char the same following words

Thank you for taking the time to reach out to Studio Wildcard Customer Support. I am sorry you have lost your character to this and I will bring it up to the development team as soon as possible so that this issue may hopefully be resolved in the near future. I know as a fellow survivor, how disheartening it is to encounter issues like this. Unfortunately, I am unable to restore your character at this time

Just now, ilidrael said:

He wouldnt get the help he needs nope. :/ 

i know this because i have just been answered to my ticket 10mins ago by a GM, i wont get anything back from my deleted char lvl 96 with 3  boss down. not even xp.

yep its not likely to happen to a noob, but theres more than noobs in this game. :P 

Edit: In fact they are answering everyone who lost their char the same following words

Thank you for taking the time to reach out to Studio Wildcard Customer Support. I am sorry you have lost your character to this and I will bring it up to the development team as soon as possible so that this issue may hopefully be resolved in the near future. I know as a fellow survivor, how disheartening it is to encounter issues like this. Unfortunately, I am unable to restore your character at this time

I have heard stories of it taking up to a week or two for a character to be restored but I heard they only restore it to level 94 no bosses done. I don't know if this has changed now but that was what they done before.

Archived