Custom Food

Fwame

at that level I recommend making a recipe for:

5 raw meat -- gives enough food to fully recover 100 food give or take. SUPER easy ingredient to farm.

10 raw meat. -- same as above but 170 food -+ . SUPER easy ingredient to farm.

about 80 berry of each type of berry for water drink. replenishes enough (or close to it) to fill 100 water. SUPER easy to farm.

If you play around with cooked meat, kibble and other things (like mushrooms, flowers, etc.) you might get some better super food. However they take A LOT more work than the above. It's all about how much you want to prep your ingredients before crafting.

1 hour ago, Midnight_ said:

at that level I recommend making a recipe for:

5 raw meat -- gives enough food to fully recover 100 food give or take. SUPER easy ingredient to farm.

10 raw meat. -- same as above but 170 food -+ . SUPER easy ingredient to farm.

about 80 berry of each type of berry for water drink. replenishes enough (or close to it) to fill 100 water. SUPER easy to farm.

If you play around with cooked meat, kibble and other things (like mushrooms, flowers, etc.) you might get some better super food. However they take A LOT more work than the above. It's all about how much you want to prep your ingredients before crafting.

Yeah this ^

Keep it simple so you can make them easy when needed,  

Try 10 rockcarrots for a water drink and 10 rockcarrots and 10 cooked meat for a food 

15 minutes ago, SmokeyB said:

.. 10 rockcarrots and 10 cooked meat for a food 

advanced crops give very little food, its a waste to put them in a food recipe.

Here's an old but still relevant link to a custom food calculator spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1GMbwQ2onbn48Tx6F_GK2r0Zawu6HsgVt6WszJuQcHFs/edit#gid=0

18 hours ago, SingleSidedPCB said:

Cooked prime meat / prime meat jerky / cooked prime fish give the most health and food with the lowest stack weight

mushrooms are the best for stamina

crops are the best for water with the lowest stack weight

be sure to eat a focal chili for that extra little bump to crafting skill ^_^

I thought focal chili only boosted crafting speed not quality.

Personally I did a mind wipe when I had a level up and put all my points into crafting . Then I ate a focal chili and made my recipe. I did a 20 stack of meat and 1 rare flower. I didnt really know what I was doing but it will give me full health and food / stam with one cake. Stacks are a bit heavy though. I would recommend finding a different recipe than mine but I would also recommend doing the mind wipe and focal chilli. 

6 minutes ago, Ramrod43 said:

Personally I did a mind wipe when I had a level up and put all my points into crafting . Then I ate a focal chili and made my recipe. I did a 20 stack of meat and 1 rare flower. I didnt really know what I was doing but it will give me full health and food / stam with one cake. Stacks are a bit heavy though. I would recommend finding a different recipe than mine but I would also recommend doing the mind wipe and focal chilli. 

I did the same with mindwipe and focal chili. Made a recipe with only 10 raw meat that fully fills food and gives full hp. Super easy to make

1 hour ago, DarthaNyan said:

Quality of crafted recipe depends on character's Crafting Skill. Focal Chili temporary increases it by 100% when used resulting in a better quality food.

https://ark.gamepedia.com/Custom_Consumable

So crafting speed makes the recipe better? Because with crafted items the focal chili only increases the speed not the quality. I have never made custom consumables so I have no experience with that side of crafting. 

Focal Chilli doesn't increase quality anymore, just speed.

For food just use 10 raw meat.

For stam for dinos, use 5 rare mushroom

For water use 3 advance veggies or 40 mejos.

You can also combine 10 raw meat + 1 rare mushroom for a decent player stam/food recipe.

Any other recipe seems difficult to make.  Cooked meat gives the same bonus as raw meat FYI.

1 hour ago, SingleSidedPCB said:

It did the last time i used it, which wasn't that long ago..

It doesn't.  Tested it a month and a half ago at level 82.  All points in craft skill, made recipe, used focal chili, made recipe.  Both recipes showed same crafts kill and had same stats.  Used to be a full 1.0 higher after chili.

They also nerfed craft speed in general.  Going max craft speed and trying to craft 1k stone arrows resulted in a server boot 90% of the time.  The other 10%, the game would freeze for a minute and then come back with all 1k arrows crafted.

Now at level 81 full crafting a set of 1k stone arrows takes around 3 minutes.  If you use a chilli, tho, it takes about half the time.

Four advanced crops for water recipe. Use one of each type in the recipe. This way, all of the drinks produced stack on each other. Invaluable on SE. And always use the same recipe note in the cooker. Same policy for food recipes.

Make some goofy stuff. I made a recipe for suicide burgers. 100 spoiled meat. Tribemates learned not to eat the black meat burgers. It does not kill you instantly, but over several minutes.

For trolling, same 100 spoiled meat, but add a few hundred stimberries. Or some mushrooms. Hilarious to KO people and force feed it to them and take off running.

Or dodo kibble for stamina recipes for feeding quetzal. Or 100 stimberries. Or mushrooms.

All work, and are based off of what you have access to.

Also. Do not overlook fish meat for custom food recipes. It works just as well as regular meat.

Yes. But the only effect they get from custom recipes is the stamina regen.

The regen is quite slow, and the only situation I have found where feeding custom recipes to dinos would be useful is in air taming a quetzal in a quetzal box trap. The stamina regen of a stamina recipe outstrips the drain of stamina on a hovering quetzal.

Other than that, not much use for dinos. Mainly because the stamina regen stops the moment it fills. If say, you tried it on a yuty to keep stamina maxed for roaring, it fills faster by not not moving, and then stops the effect when full.

So kind of a niche use.

Archived