Favorite Dino?

Fwame

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 11/2/2018 at 6:46 AM, Cymas said:

Just one?

Spino, always and forever my favorite Ark animal. They're insanely versatile and the model is beautiful, even more now after the TLC. First thing I do on every new server is basically bum rush up the ladder until I can make a spino saddle and then go out and tame the first one I see. I hadn't intended to be such a fangirl but way, way back in the day, when I was a true noob on my first character and my first ever server, spinos had recently been introduced and taming a rex was still an actual achievement. I had intended to go for a rex, but entirely by happenstance got a spino instead. By the time I got my first rex I was so thoroughly unimpressed with it in comparison to my ATV death puppy that I've just never been that compelled to use any other apex animal, even now.

I even ended up convincing quite a few people on my server to main spinos instead just because they always saw me out and about on one, especially back when I had my Smaug, the spino who reigned as a server king. He was the world destroyer who once went toe to toe with a level 100 alpha rex and lived...and then got crippled by the nerf bat and I was forced to retire him. Still the one truly regrettable experience I've had playing, was losing the use of him because his stats weren't fixable, he was already close to capping.

I actually still have him stored in the obelisk, uploaded him before timers existed so he remains sleeping there. Someday I will bring him back to recreate him through breeding, as best as can be done anyway. That was the first major melee/HP adjustment and basically killed the spino's combat viability, and then the giga was released...but I'll never forget our many great adventures, trials and triumphs. Plus, he was the dossier spino, a perfect tamed 120 before the cap was raised and breeding didn't exist. Never seen another like him.

smaug.thumb.jpg.24ebd529b6390a45e7c335e7cd35360b.jpg

So r u a day 1 player?  And oh ya spinos rule lol.   But the real shocker here is...Omg ur A GIRL!!!  Dng i thot all tht time we talkd bout breeding u wer a dude XD.  Sry bout tht, and nice spino btw.

Anything pack related , wolves allo and Raptors mainly 

Also have alot of love for the rex , was gonna avoid em cause everyone has one until I got one myself now I breed em and rarely go out on something else unless it's a wyvern 

And gotta love the wyverns , a bit squishy but with 800% melee mine are monsters 

Archived