Favorite Dino?

Fwame

2 minutes ago, Kyrissa said:

I have a thing for the shoulder pets. I love them. The baryonyx is probably my favorite water dino, and for flyers, it's a toss up.. Griffins are pretty neat, but I love the look of the wyverns and rock drakes. I recently got a rock drake, and the more I use it, the more I love it. The way it moves, it's speed at getting around.. I just love everything about them.

Except it cnt actually fly...Pity

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, RipRavage said:

It is so rough playing on the virtual console version of Gold and Silver after all these years.  I love the nostalgia taking me back to my childhood the year 2000 but man was it painful before the physical special split in gen IV.  poopty Special attack on Feraligatr just screws his moveset, no stab, bad speed, almost no boosting, they definitely were favoring that fire hedgehog in gen 2.

Hey even in gen7 typhlo shud hav a phys buff move and his stats hav been reallocated to b more phys, im sure theres still a way 2 1hko feraligator wit T punch lol.  Pkmn nerds ftw xD  gotta tame em all lol

4 minutes ago, Onimusha759 said:

Hey even in gen7 typhlo shud hav a phys buff move and his stats hav been reallocated to b more phys, im sure theres still a way 2 1hko feraligator wit T punch lol.  Pkmn nerds ftw xD  gotta tame em all lol

Doubles Typhlosion with a drought sun setting partner is ridiculously OP if you aren't ready for it.  He just Eruption spams everything that doesn't resist it and Solar beams everything else.  My pokemon obsession is probably why I was so ready for an Ark obsession, they are very similar in the stat breeding and the catch em all mentality.

5 minutes ago, RipRavage said:

Doubles Typhlosion with a drought sun setting partner is ridiculously OP if you aren't ready for it.  He just Eruption spams everything that doesn't resist it and Solar beams everything else.  My pokemon obsession is probably why I was so ready for an Ark obsession, they are very similar in the stat breeding and the catch em all mentality.

Ikr same here, tho i prefer charzard Y 4 the absurdly hi sp atk wit the drought buff.  Gen 2 was actually my fav, crystal ftw.  Im not a fan of gen7, i h8 no gyms, the zmoves r pretty g@y, the dancing involved is even more g@y, the bad gang in this gen act way to ghetto lol, and ur character walks rly g@y.  I luv gen 6 tho, last real pkmn games.  The 1 thing ark rly needs 2 copy pkmn on is wen u lvl up hp.  U dnt heal the hp u just lvled in ark.  So u throw a few points into ur rexes hp and now it looks lik it had the crap kicked out of it...

1 minute ago, Onimusha759 said:

Ikr same here, tho i prefer charzard Y 4 the absurdly hi sp atk wit the drought buff.  Gen 2 was actually my fav, crystal ftw.  Im not a fan of gen7, i h8 no gyms, the zmoves r pretty g@y, the dancing involved is even more g@y, the bad gang in this gen act way to ghetto lol, and ur character walks rly g@y.  I luv gen 6 tho, last real pkmn games.  The 1 thing ark rly needs 2 copy pkmn on is wen u lvl up hp.  U dnt heal the hp u just lvled in ark.  So u throw a few points into ur rexes hp and now it looks lik it had the crap kicked out of it...

Yeah, I've played since gen I and my favorite is Gold, (I was never lucky enough to have a copy of crystal back in the day).  I prefer Charizard X to Y just because it throws people off when they are expecting a special attacker and get hit with outrage or flare blitz. Charizard and Mewtwo are so unpredictable because of their mega evolutions switching between physical and special.  Gen 7 was lazy for sure but at least they made IV breeding a bit less tedious by allowing you to hyper train bad IV stats to max.  I have a shiny charmander with so so IVs just waiting to be maxed out and trained.

3 minutes ago, RipRavage said:

Yeah, I've played since gen I and my favorite is Gold, (I was never lucky enough to have a copy of crystal back in the day).  I prefer Charizard X to Y just because it throws people off when they are expecting a special attacker and get hit with outrage or flare blitz. Charizard and Mewtwo are so unpredictable because of their mega evolutions switching between physical and special.  Gen 7 was lazy for sure but at least they made IV breeding a bit less tedious by allowing you to hyper train bad IV stats to max.  I have a shiny charmander with so so IVs just waiting to be maxed out and trained.

I do lik the new iv training and on my Y where i hav a 400+ win streak i use a charizard x because it can b burred, charizard cnt learn any sp atk buffs...

4 minutes ago, Onimusha759 said:

I do lik the new iv training and on my Y where i hav a 400+ win streak i use a charizard x because it can b burred, charizard cnt learn any sp atk buffs...

Still, with Y you get the sky high Special attack plus the Drought 50% fire boost, and Charizard can tutor learn tailwind to outspeed if it gets a chance to set up.  Unfortunately 1 rockslide and you are done.  With Charizard Y or X half the battle is prediction.

22 hours ago, Onimusha759 said:

22 hours ago, RipRavage said:

Still, with Y you get the sky high Special attack plus the Drought 50% fire boost, and Charizard can tutor learn tailwind to outspeed if it gets a chance to set up.  Unfortunately 1 rockslide and you are done.  With Charizard Y or X half the battle is prediction.

Guys for real?

My favourite is the Rex cause it gets me my Element from bosses. 

• 7 months later...

I have a love/hate relationship with dimorphs. When you hit one, you have hell to pay. However, the tame ones are good. Shoulder pets are fun, and they can get you out of a pinch sometimes too. Onetime, I was being attacked by two raptors. The dimorph was chipping away at the second ones health, while I killed the first one. After I killed the first raptor, I was extremely low on health,but, just as I was going to get killed by the second raptor, my dimorph killed it. (What would happen if you tamed a whole flock? What could you do with it?)

On 10/7/2018 at 11:49 PM, MidnightMooon said:

I have a love/hate relationship with dimorphs. When you hit one, you have hell to pay. However, the tame ones are good. Shoulder pets are fun, and they can get you out of a pinch sometimes too. Onetime, I was being attacked by two raptors. The dimorph was chipping away at the second ones health, while I killed the first one. After I killed the first raptor, I was extremely low on health,but, just as I was going to get killed by the second raptor, my dimorph killed it. (What would happen if you tamed a whole flock? What could you do with it?)

i prefer vultures they are easier to feed and look cooler

Griffins.

1: They're the best dino for kiting wild dinos into traps for taming, or wyvern milking. They can outmaneuver wyverns, and traps can be made that allow griffins to fly straight in/out while the wyvern gets stuck.

2: You can shoot while flying. Makes taming almost anything easy, while you just hover above and shoot tranq darts.

3: Their dive ability makes them the fastest flyers in the game.

• 4 weeks later...

My personal favorite is therizini and tutu. They both strong and cool af. The yuty in my opinion is better than the Rex due to it roar.

flyer must be the tape and quetz. Tape for it turning radius and cling onto vertical. Quetz cuz you can build a flying base

Aquatix is Tuso and Moss. Both intimidating and scary.

Just one?

Spino, always and forever my favorite Ark animal. They're insanely versatile and the model is beautiful, even more now after the TLC. First thing I do on every new server is basically bum rush up the ladder until I can make a spino saddle and then go out and tame the first one I see. I hadn't intended to be such a fangirl but way, way back in the day, when I was a true noob on my first character and my first ever server, spinos had recently been introduced and taming a rex was still an actual achievement. I had intended to go for a rex, but entirely by happenstance got a spino instead. By the time I got my first rex I was so thoroughly unimpressed with it in comparison to my ATV death puppy that I've just never been that compelled to use any other apex animal, even now.

I even ended up convincing quite a few people on my server to main spinos instead just because they always saw me out and about on one, especially back when I had my Smaug, the spino who reigned as a server king. He was the world destroyer who once went toe to toe with a level 100 alpha rex and lived...and then got crippled by the nerf bat and I was forced to retire him. Still the one truly regrettable experience I've had playing, was losing the use of him because his stats weren't fixable, he was already close to capping.

I actually still have him stored in the obelisk, uploaded him before timers existed so he remains sleeping there. Someday I will bring him back to recreate him through breeding, as best as can be done anyway. That was the first major melee/HP adjustment and basically killed the spino's combat viability, and then the giga was released...but I'll never forget our many great adventures, trials and triumphs. Plus, he was the dossier spino, a perfect tamed 120 before the cap was raised and breeding didn't exist. Never seen another like him.

smaug.thumb.jpg.24ebd529b6390a45e7c335e7cd35360b.jpg

Archived