TheNejal

Mega Thread: PvE Servers not able to download creatures

24 minutes ago, joaomacsousa said:

Please fix the custom loots also

We've got some guys looking into this but not sure when we'll have a fix for it out. As soon as we've got an updated, I'll let you know :)

2 hours ago, Jatheish said:

The fix should be live for unofficial servers to download, and we'll be redeploying our official PC servers soon (in about 15 minutes). 

The reports I am getting on my server is that dinos can again be downloaded, but no one is seeing expire/claim timers on dinos and still can not claim dinos.

4 minutes ago, Midnight_ said:

The reports I am getting on my server is that dinos can again be downloaded, but no one is seeing expire/claim timers on dinos and still can not claim dinos.

Dinos no longer have decay timers visible and are not able to be claimed after the timer expires. They are destroyed.

Edited by Joebl0w13

Ahh...something tells me I should read the recent patch notes.....right?

Edit:

Ok so that is what this means:

Fix for PVE dino decay not properly destroy dinos after the decay period.

When a player tribe quits their dinos get destroyed instead of being claimable. always felt this should be the case.  Ok. So this instead of more servers for dino cap solution.....?

Edited by Midnight_

36 minutes ago, superghe said:

So why shall trades be more difficult? 

Trades will be fine. You should be able to unclaim and reclaim a dinosaur without a problem. 

This fix is for tribes that quit. The tribe doesn't log in for a week and when the dinosaur's 7 day timer runs out, those dinosaurs will disappear instead of becoming claimable. 

I will unclaim a Jerboa when I get home to be certain, but that is how I imagine this works now.

33 minutes ago, superghe said:

Ok, got that part.

But read about ppl declaring what was the dino cap server status of their servers before. How can I know my server's "number"? At what point we are towards the dino limit? 

I am not sure how to know what the server's tame count is at. All I know is if you press "I" you can see your tribes tame count. If your server is always near full of players, its a good chance it is near tame cap. If it normally has a lot of players on (I consider 40 players to be a busy server since mine is around there at peak hours) then its hard to say, mine isn't near cap from what I can tell flying around. Go tame some Dodos or Jerboas and see what happens :) if it sits there untamed with the tame bar at 100% then server is capped. If not then there's still room.

Edited by BlueFox91