should player speed be nerfed? its like fighting with flash or nightcrawler

OttoGrunf

3 minutes ago, BrickTamlandCh4 said:

As much as I like being able to outrun terror birds and dire wolves I feel as though speed should be removed as a stat entirely for everything. Land dinos before players though. I don't actually level up speed on any land dino I use now regularly so I would way rather have all those wasted points put into other stats when I tame just like fliers. 

I think they should delete the health stats. I find it ridiculous that a T-Rex can chomp on my head and I can just sprint away with hardly a scratch. Give everyone 100hp and lock it down.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Extraterrestrial said:

Instead of nerfing speed, why not, ya know, get good and build your base's defenses so they cant run up to it/through it

im not sure have you played ark at all since you cant set up instant defenses, you have to build up, and most of people cant do that becouse of crossark griefers every night

and super speed is not only about them swooping past turrets, its about that you cant hit him with melee weapon, bola, gun, as they just fly by you, same goes if you have superspeed too

18 minutes ago, OttoGrunf said:

im not sure have you played ark at all since you cant set up instant defenses, you have to build up, and most of people cant do that becouse of crossark griefers every night

and super speed is not only about them swooping past turrets, its about that you cant hit him with melee weapon, bola, gun, as they just fly by you, same goes if you have superspeed too

So people cant build up in a pvp server because they get pvp'd everyday?  And where does the word griefer come into it?  People killing other people on a pvp server Are not griefers that's the game,  if you can't build up that's not the games fault everyone else managed to build a base. 

Speed is honestly not that bad,  yeah on the laggiest server against a poorly defended Base you can run up to the defences but no way are you running up to an alpha tribes Base like that.  Plus there is a lot of counters to a fast guy in a fight,  use narcotics grenades they will drop him before he gets to you,  or a flamethrower,  or whip will make him stand still and steal his weapon,  wear riot so he can't club you,  good riot and a good pike will beat a fast swamp fever troll in flak with a Club as his other stats will be low, put bear traps around your turret towers,  scatter  spikes around the perimeter of your Base so he needs to zig zag to get to you which will slow him down and make him get hit,  plus use loads of plants like thousands of them, it only takes one hit to slow down a speed build and then he's dead. 

2 hours ago, OttoGrunf said:

wood spike walls are NOT that expensive to make.

Assuming the troll cant jump over them. they're gonna stop him from getting in your base.
If he can, then that's poor chose in location and lack of defensive construction. There's a
reason that holding the high ground is important when it concerns combat with other people.

1 hour ago, Extraterrestrial said:

Assuming the troll cant jump over them. they're gonna stop him from getting in your base.
If he can, then that's poor chose in location and lack of defensive construction. There's a
reason that holding the high ground is important when it concerns combat with other people.

you do get that people who do that kind of griefing have large bases on other servers with lot of c4 and superb armors and that they use second character with all points into speed equipped with that c4 and superb armors by main account? how long you think that wooden or even metal spikes can withstand c4? do you even play on pvp officials at all?

6 hours ago, OttoGrunf said:

You really love over using that griefer word. The people you are talking about crossark PVP players who join other PVP servers to engage in PVP. Sorry if they killed you, but that's part of the game.

6 hours ago, SmokeyB said:

So people cant build up in a pvp server because they get pvp'd everyday?  And where does the word griefer come into it?  People killing other people on a pvp server Are not griefers that's the game,  if you can't build up that's not the games fault everyone else managed to build a base. 

Speed is honestly not that bad,  yeah on the laggiest server against a poorly defended Base you can run up to the defences but no way are you running up to an alpha tribes Base like that.  Plus there is a lot of counters to a fast guy in a fight,  use narcotics grenades they will drop him before he gets to you,  or a flamethrower,  or whip will make him stand still and steal his weapon,  wear riot so he can't club you,  good riot and a good pike will beat a fast swamp fever troll in flak with a Club as his other stats will be low, put bear traps around your turret towers,  scatter  spikes around the perimeter of your Base so he needs to zig zag to get to you which will slow him down and make him get hit,  plus use loads of plants like thousands of them, it only takes one hit to slow down a speed build and then he's dead. 

Well said SmokeyB. This silly word "griefer" gets used way too often on this forum by people that are victims to just good PVP players and want to try and write it off as something other then PVP. To be being called a griefer is a badge of honour. It means I have sufficiently destroyed enough property and wasted time spent to earn their rage.

8 hours ago, OttoGrunf said:

you do get that people who do that kind of griefing have large bases on other servers with lot of c4 and superb armors and that they use second character with all points into speed equipped with that c4 and superb armors by main account? how long you think that wooden or even metal spikes can withstand c4? do you even play on pvp officials at all?

Then it's not movement speed you have a problem with, you have a problem with people who have a better advantage than you do.

If you can't handle pvp, play PVE. It's what I do.

On November 14, 2017 at 12:23 PM, Goaty said:

Speed doesn't need a nerf. It was nerfed already. Swamp fever needs to have no speed buff that's all. I have 172% speed, and when I get swamp fever I get 200% which is way too much.

Use plant y, whips or flame throwers to combat speed based players. Works well. Especially plant y ;)

Doesnt make sense how a disease strengthens u

21 hours ago, Extraterrestrial said:

Instead of nerfing speed, why not, ya know, get good and build your base's defenses so they cant run up to it/through it

Lol I've seen deathwalls with dozens of turrets get cheesed by sprinters on foot. No Loss disadvantage just pure armor+speed. You are seriously suggesting it is a flaw of the builder that his deathwall can be speed blitzed by humans faster than gallis?

16 hours ago, Extraterrestrial said:

"What is C4?" Wooden spikes are a great way to block turret Loss and let people recover, or use just 1 more piece of C4.

2 hours ago, Sup3riorArs3nal said:

Lol I've seen deathwalls with dozens of turrets get cheesed by sprinters on foot. No Loss disadvantage just pure armor+speed. You are seriously suggesting it is a flaw of the builder that his deathwall can be speed blitzed by humans faster than gallis?

"What is C4?" Wooden spikes are a great way to block turret Loss and let people recover, or use just 1 more piece of C4.

Yes, yes I am saying that it's builder error. If your defenses fail the first time, why on earth would they work a second time if 
you build them the same way? There are these great little inventions in the game called TRAPS. You may not have heard
of them, but they're great, cause ya know why? They make fast things, NOT FAST for like 10 to 15 seconds! I know! it's
crazy! It's unbelievable! Holy poop! A solution, to a self made problem, already in the game!? BUT WAIT, THERES MORE!

Plant species y lets you GROW traps! AMAZING! 

As for C4? Sure, that'd rip through a wood spike wall, but you know what? I guarantee you that you can replace wooden
spike walls more quickly than they can c4. Do you know what PVP stands for? Player Vs Player. Not player vs ai, you can't
expect the same tactics you'd use on the game's dinosaurs to work on other players. So, if you can't handle pvp, play
pve.

On 15/11/2017 at 5:36 PM, Jabroni said:

Currently my lvl 100 main char has:

300 Health
120 Stam
340 Weight
180 Movement

No Meele/Fort/Food/Water

You can change it up for your needs, but in my opinion around 250 Hp, 300 weight and 170ms are the minimum I would go for.

Thanks! it's so good. I'm only lvl 77 on the new servers so I've managed to go for 250 health, 120 stam, 300 weight and 158.5% movement speed so far, and wow it's fast. Yeah I hit like a wet noodle with my MC pike (mainly in PvE when being ganked by Raptors or whatever), but I suppose that's where guns come into the picture rather than relying on melee weapons. :P

On 11/14/2017 at 10:23 AM, Goaty said:

Speed doesn't need a nerf. It was nerfed already. Swamp fever needs to have no speed buff that's all. I have 172% speed, and when I get swamp fever I get 200% which is way too much.

Use plant y, whips or flame throwers to combat speed based players. Works well. Especially plant y ;)

This guy here, and that's without Tek speed boost.

Look folks, you can be the uncreative folks getting wrecked by people who look for the advantage, or you can make yourself an advantage like this guy. Dont want people suicide rushing your base? Throw out Bear traps/plant species Y inside your turrets perimeter. All I'm seeing here is a lot of people crying about other people utilizing features of the game to their advantage without taking an necessary measures to mitigate it themselves. You don't want people thinking outside of the box to outsmart your defenses? Well boys and girls the game has this handy dandy feature just for you! It's called Single Player.

Otherwise you're gonna have to deal with that age old problem of; If there is a Will there is a WAY. And these folks sure will find a way.

But that's not cool, we should just get rid of stats all together, they're not fair when they are used against me!

4 minutes ago, Vita said:

Okay so Im just going to say it. Build better defenses lol idk. You need ground turrets not only turrets on top of buildings. Not once in my year of in game time on ark have I seen a man run so fast that he couldnt be shot by turrets. This includes before the movement speed got nerfes

watch at 1:00

Player speed needs nerfed just like all the other dinos.  Players shouldnt be able to outrun dinos IMO its like saying your gonna go outside and raise that Ferrari because you CAN.  Speed is one of those stats that is used by 90% griefer and 10% actual player.  With the new limits to turrets they will have to eliminate speed all together to balance the game.

7 minutes ago, ilidrael said:

What I see there are people getting shot by turrets as they run up there. They probably all had med brews and highly upgraded flak. You can tank a few turret shots and by them sending in multiple people at once the man in the fron basically worked as the tanking dino while people came from behind to blow the turrets. Also this is in a cave so everything is taking 6x damage

3 minutes ago, Blackavar said:

Player speed needs nerfed just like all the other dinos.  Players shouldnt be able to outrun dinos IMO its like saying your gonna go outside and raise that Ferrari because you CAN.  Speed is one of those stats that is used by 90% griefer and 10% actual player.  With the new limits to turrets they will have to eliminate speed all together to balance the game.

So then what there are only going to be 3 character builds allowed. If ppl cant upgrade their speed they will just put the points into HP allowing them to tank more turret bullets. Add that in with upgraded flak and a riot shield you will most likely have to same result. Why dont you try setting up some structures to prevsnt people from running straight into your turrets? You could place spikes or rails several feet in front of your turrets preventing them from running straight there. 

3 minutes ago, Vita said:

What I see there are people getting shot by turrets as they run up there. They probably all had med brews and highly upgraded flak. You can tank a few turret shots and by them sending in multiple people at once the man in the fron basically worked as the tanking dino while people came from behind to blow the turrets. Also this is in a cave so everything is taking 6x damage

Also the way that the first guy who was the fastest got absolutely destroyed in this video, it kinda proves your point invalid. He was getting shot by turrets and if he was a solo man trying to raid that he would have failed and lost all his gear 

44 minutes ago, ilidrael said:

Explain to the viewers how one is meant to raid this ice cave without using advanced methods, given that no dinos can enter it. You think that is fair and balanced?

The cave is broken and should be modified to allow dinos inside or players prohibited from building in it. No base is meant to be unraidable on a PVP server.

Additionally the only reason this tactic works is because of the all the turrets causing the lag. I bet if they had 1/4 of those turrets there this tactic would actually fail hard. Luckily that issue has been fixed so this kind of wall of lag is no longer possible.

Archived