should player speed be nerfed? its like fighting with flash or nightcrawler

OttoGrunf

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, ilidrael said:

Heres another one that shows as long as youre not alone you can raid anything on foot

put bear traps noob - ok spam 2k bear traps, then you cant access your own base and it will only make you win a few minutes.

Sorry but that is a perfect showcase example of bad base design. A large silly base, that has poor defences and layout. They deserve to be destroyed. 

10 minutes ago, Vita said:

I like how you completely ignored my comment about your point being disproved by the video you are linking around yourself lol. Just get over it experienced pvp players know how to handle things like this

your point was that its impossible solo. i dont think i had said the opposite, also it was unrelated

On ‎11‎/‎18‎/‎2017 at 12:44 AM, Extraterrestrial said:

Yes, yes I am saying that it's builder error. If your defenses fail the first time, why on earth would they work a second time if 
you build them the same way? There are these great little inventions in the game called TRAPS. You may not have heard
of them, but they're great, cause ya know why? They make fast things, NOT FAST for like 10 to 15 seconds! I know! it's
crazy! It's unbelievable! Holy poop! A solution, to a self made problem, already in the game!? BUT WAIT, THERES MORE!

Plant species y lets you GROW traps! AMAZING! 

As for C4? Sure, that'd rip through a wood spike wall, but you know what? I guarantee you that you can replace wooden
spike walls more quickly than they can c4. Do you know what PVP stands for? Player Vs Player. Not player vs ai, you can't
expect the same tactics you'd use on the game's dinosaurs to work on other players. So, if you can't handle pvp, play
pve.

#1 Plant Species Y decays in 30 minutes after being placed. It is NOT viable for anything except a very situational in-the-moment defensive set-up.

#2. The Question isn't "Why do builder's keep making deathwalls when super speed players can cheese them?" it is "Why are super speed players even allowed to cheese deathwalls in the first place?"

#3. Do you have any experience playing PvP whatsoever? You're seriously making the argument that "Oh well you can just keep replacing spike walls duh."  And if you are offline you thing a 40 turret deathwall with little to no LoS vulnerabilities should be capable of being cheesed offline by 3 guys on foot with JM/MC flak, C4, and absurd movement speed? This HAPPENS, all the time. Every Saturday, to get away from the grind, we go cross server on foot to basically breach all but the absolutely most well planned out or high-density coverage bases on a given server. We don't bring tames, we just wear decent flak and use C4 and high movement speed. That's it. If we see traps we either use prim flak and just run in to activate them then respawn, grab explosives, then breach. If we see wooden spikes we either blow them up or just use them to block turret LoS and do runs from there. If we do blow them up, 95% of the time people either aren't on to replace them, or they are on but are a little too busy with the fact that it takes all of another minute for us to get into the base after the spikes go down so it is already too late. Because once we're in for us it is a game of "Find the genny" and once we do all defenses short of species x and neutral tames go down. Species x can then be rocketed (Or just ran past) and neutral tames can be kited around and away because of our high movement speed. I'm beginning to think you haven't even watched Official PvP videos. HOD Gaming pretty much lately has been on foot raiding bases with good flak + 160% or so speed. xFish suicides into turret walls all the time on foot. It's just too good, and that is coming from someone who still uses it all the time for my own extreme benefit. I've got well over 5k hours playing Official PvP not only exclusively, but successfully (Took Alpha on a server a couple months after initial early access release on Xbox, stayed Alpha all the way until we abandoned Legacy for the new servers, retook Alpha on new servers in 3 days) so I'm reasonably confident that I know what I'm talking about. And my experience is from Xbox, where there is a clear difference in how lag effects players/turrets compared to PC (Much easier on PC to exploit turret walls because lag starts to make turret fire-rate drop but player movement stays relatively fluid where on Xbox player perspective gets very choppy while turrets still maintain their fire rate.).

The ways I can see to eliminate the OP nature of high-speed PvP builds are:

1. Nerf Movement Speed on players

2. Drastically increase the weight of flak armor pieces like someone previously mentioned (It IS heavy metal armor after all, currently GHILLIE weighs more than it lol)

3. Increase player armor durability damage per shot for turrets (Currently in generally ~30% weapon damage is applied to the durability bar, IE a prim longneck shot does a little over 80 damage to flak durability).

4. Add a knockback vs players to Species X and Auto-turrets. Doesn't have to be massive per turret but enough that if there are a bunch of turrets you're strategy has to escalate beyond Speed+Flak+C4+a couple of decoys to breach it.

Or otherwise some combination of those.

26 minutes ago, Sup3riorArs3nal said:

#1 Plant Species Y decays in 30 minutes after being placed. It is NOT viable for anything except a very situational in-the-moment defensive set-up.

#2. The Question isn't "Why do builder's keep making deathwalls when super speed players can cheese them?" it is "Why are super speed players even allowed to cheese deathwalls in the first place?"

#3. Do you have any experience playing PvP whatsoever? You're seriously making the argument that "Oh well you can just keep replacing spike walls duh."  And if you are offline you thing a 40 turret deathwall with little to no LoS vulnerabilities should be capable of being cheesed offline by 3 guys on foot with JM/MC flak, C4, and absurd movement speed? This HAPPENS, all the time. Every Saturday, to get away from the grind, we go cross server on foot to basically breach all but the absolutely most well planned out or high-density coverage bases on a given server. We don't bring tames, we just wear decent flak and use C4 and high movement speed. That's it. If we see traps we either use prim flak and just run in to activate them then respawn, grab explosives, then breach. If we see wooden spikes we either blow them up or just use them to block turret LoS and do runs from there. If we do blow them up, 95% of the time people either aren't on to replace them, or they are on but are a little too busy with the fact that it takes all of another minute for us to get into the base after the spikes go down so it is already too late. Because once we're in for us it is a game of "Find the genny" and once we do all defenses short of species x and neutral tames go down. Species x can then be rocketed (Or just ran past) and neutral tames can be kited around and away because of our high movement speed. I'm beginning to think you haven't even watched Official PvP videos. HOD Gaming pretty much lately has been on foot raiding bases with good flak + 160% or so speed. xFish suicides into turret walls all the time on foot. It's just too good, and that is coming from someone who still uses it all the time for my own extreme benefit. I've got well over 5k hours playing Official PvP not only exclusively, but successfully (Took Alpha on a server a couple months after initial early access release on Xbox, stayed Alpha all the way until we abandoned Legacy for the new servers, retook Alpha on new servers in 3 days) so I'm reasonably confident that I know what I'm talking about. And my experience is from Xbox, where there is a clear difference in how lag effects players/turrets compared to PC (Much easier on PC to exploit turret walls because lag starts to make turret fire-rate drop but player movement stays relatively fluid where on Xbox player perspective gets very choppy while turrets still maintain their fire rate.).

Teal Deer

What I will say is this: If you're off line when you're being raided, it doesn't matter what the persons' speed is, now
does it? 1 or 1,000, you're not on to stop them. You're also not on to see what they're doing, so how do you know
anyone is "cheesing"? Unless you have video evidence of it, you can only assume, and assumptions are not fact.

Also, I like how you saw "Plant Species Y" and spazzed out on their spoil timer. Sure, you're not wrong, they only
last for a short time, and they do spoil. But, you're also utterly ignoring the fact that other traps, that don't spoil,
do exist. My point. Still. Stands. Someone going too fast? Slow them down. Let the turrets do their job.

7 hours ago, Extraterrestrial said:

Teal Deer

What I will say is this: If you're off line when you're being raided, it doesn't matter what the persons' speed is, now
does it? 1 or 1,000, you're not on to stop them. You're also not on to see what they're doing, so how do you know
anyone is "cheesing"? Unless you have video evidence of it, you can only assume, and assumptions are not fact.

Also, I like how you saw "Plant Species Y" and spazzed out on their spoil timer. Sure, you're not wrong, they only
last for a short time, and they do spoil. But, you're also utterly ignoring the fact that other traps, that don't spoil,
do exist. My point. Still. Stands. Someone going too fast? Slow them down. Let the turrets do their job.

Clearly there is a large disadvantage if your tribe is offline and that is just a fundamental part of the game. But it should not be so much of a disadvantage that a few people on foot with no tames can do it in a handful of minutes to all but the most secure bases. When you get to the point of pulling in tames and actually draining you are considerably increasing your own investment/risk to breach the base. That is appropriate, being capable of offlining most bases on foot with no more investment then a few flak sets and some C4 is nowhere near appropriate or balanced.

And I know people are 'cheesing' turrets with speed because not only is their ample video evidence (multiple videos already posted in this thread), but I and my tribe do it nearly every weekend. Flak, explosives, and decoy runners get us into pretty much all but the top tribes' bases on the server. Sure we'll probably die a few times but that's a very small price to pay to breach your base's defenses, kill most your tames, and steel your loot. All your suggestions like spikes and small bear traps? We encounter those frequently and in the case of bear traps they are minor setbacks (Oh dear now we'll have to send in a runner with prim flak a few times to waste the traps, or if they are packed together enough we'll just use an extra piece of C4 truly you have foiled us /sarcasm), and at best the wood spikes just give us more things to exploit LoS. Because with wooden spikes there are really only two places you can put them that don't exploit your own LoS. One being at the very edge of your perimeter (Worthless as we'll just blow that like we would gates) or at the direct bottom of your building (Worthless as we'll just blow them the same time as the walls). Anywhere else and congrats/thanks, you just gave us a place to get closer to the turrets, drink medical brews, and swap armor. Which is literally just me repeating myself because I already mentioned almost all of that in the last reply. Not to mention placing high-density small bear traps limits your own tribe's ability to move around the base as they activate on all players, not just enemies.

As evident to any other experienced PvPer/PvP base builder spikes+small bear traps are not nearly the anti-movement speed meta you are convinced they are.

And again, you're still entirely dodging the issue. This isn't about "How can you build a base to prevent high speed players" it is about the extreme ease of access high speed players have to C4ing most bases period. Even a lightly defended base takes considerably more effort than making a few flak sets and some C4, and the investment to attack such a base should reflect that. Yet there is very little in between. Either your base is an over-engineered death fortress or it is likely exploitable by PvPers on foot with Flak, Speed, C4, and some willing suicide. It is a problem that WildcardRightHand already mentioned in a recent post about additional changes coming with the new turret mechanics, and simply blowing it off as people's inability to realize your surely well crafted bear-trap+spike wall meta crafted though months of playtime worth of experience is doing no favors to your argument. If you really want to keep your speed, fine, that's a legitimate argument and provide other nerfs/buffs not targeting speed to resolve the issue at hand. But don't pretend that speed isn't unbalanced when it comes to offensive PvP simply because it won't get you into EVERY base, just the vast majority.

Archived