Dodo Kibble Tamed Efficiency

Culex

On the server I play on, i get wiped, every day. Metal +, psx, it won't matter, wiped within 8 hours.

My progression is Equus, Saddle, 2x2 forge, smithy, Dodo Kibble, ptera saddle and 140. Takes 8 hours. Before I can do anything metal related or gather materials for raiding.

Any suggestions on cutting this number down?

Unless theres a better way to get to a small turret tower by collecting resources on foot?

35 minutes ago, Culex said:

On the server I play on, i get wiped, every day. Metal +, psx, it won't matter, wiped within 8 hours.

My progression is Equus, Saddle, 2x2 forge, smithy, Dodo Kibble, ptera saddle and 140. Takes 8 hours. Before I can do anything metal related or gather materials for raiding.

Any suggestions on cutting this number down?

Unless theres a better way to get to a small turret tower by collecting resources on foot?

Build hidden 

If you plan to play official solo, I would give up honestly. It is easier to raid then defend.
Get a few team mates and go at it!

You have two options in rag if you want to not be wiped instantly and both are a bit extreme.

Option one, become a Mole Man! get your Ptera and some building supplies and head for the Caves. Under the castle is an amazing and slightly confusing chain of tunnels. Most tribes avoid it as they don't want to end up getting lost and don't expect anyone to build there. The cave has almost everything, even light for your farms, spires to build platforms on. It has access to the ocean via two water tunnels that exit out in Viking bay, which leads me to say use your dodo kibble for an ichy too. This is by first suggestion. Once again, official is not for solo players, advertise on reddit or somewhere for tribe mates.

Option two, Take to the water!

Take 5 points to double your oxygen and build a small micro base under water. This isn't so strange as Mega Tribes that are paranoid will hide weapon Caches under water too. Keep hiding your stuff every 8 hours till you are ready to build a base. Down side, this wont protect your dinos. Their are underwater caves that you can build in, oxygen and all. But resources are super limited and bringing land dinos down will be almost impossible.

Alternative option,

Give up as a solo player on official and come join our slightly boosted vanilla rag cluster. Friendly group and no daily wipes,  Hell I was in your shoes not long ago, Ill even toss you some tools to get you started.

I highly suggest option 1 if you plan to stay on Rag. This will give you access to everything the surface has, yet shielded away from the rest of the world.  Just don't let them see you going in and out of the cave too much, if they are a kill on sight server. You are going to have a hard time defending the base when they finally learn about it or even taming big ticket items.

One - Watch some youtube videos on how to make hidden caches. Theres a few ways about it, from just hiding a mortar/pestle on top of a pillar, to really hiding them in a foundation, and more.

Two - Get some of those set up. Ragnarok is a HUGE map, and its only going to get bigger. Even the most assholes of Alpha tribes won't patrol every single inch of land constantly.

Three - Your aim is turrets. LOTS and LOTS of turrets, with full sets of bullets. I've seen SO many full metal bases that only had a few measely turrets on it. Don't do that. Its better to build out of WOOD, and put 50 turrets up on the wood, then build out of metal but only have 2-3 turrets.

However, in your case, you are just going to continue to fill up your little hidden mortar/pestles with bullets, turrets, and eventually metal buildings, until you are ready to smack it all together quick.

Now, when you are finally ready to make your base, you need to decide on a location.

First, with all your bullets, you have to make sure that Soaking dinos will not be able to reach you easily. Soakers can be varies, but most soakers are Stegos, Brontos, Diplos, Turtles, and Rock Elementals. Brontos and Diplos can NOT get up to pillars, so any of the myriad of tall, lone pillars throughout the map is a good base building location. There are also numerous tall, buildable rocks that are JUST above the water that shuts down Rock Elementals, Brontos, and Diplos(And hinder stegos and turtles). You can build a sizable base on them, and due to the nature of the rock, they won't be able to use underwater mines to take out your buildings. However, they may be able to use Mosa/Pleis to soak bullets.

In addition, you will want some turrets set to tame mounts only, others set to survivors only, and even others set to both tamed and survivors.

Now, dinos...

Horses are only an intermediate step. First of all, I would figure out where you want to base - Desert, Sea, Snow, Redwoods, ect.

Once you figure that out, you'll need to tame one of the "large", but common dinos for that area. If you want to base in the Desert, you'll want to tame a Paracer. Redwoods/Jungle? Diplodocus are everywhere. The main purpose of this is so you'll have large dinos that blend in the area when unsaddled, and out of the way of the alpha's meat run so they pretty much are untouched by anything but wild dinos - Paracers/Diplos are only attacked by Rexes, Allos, Gigas, Wyverns, Yutys, and Griffens on lands (As well as Pegos and Bears if you aggro them). This, combined with their high carry weight, decent speed, and commonality of them, makes them an excellent carrier for your metal/wood run, and its unlikely for the alpha to scope EVERY single Diplo/Paracer to see if its tamed, and if its out of the way of their meat run, its likely that it won't be attacked, period.

On 11/14/2017 at 7:07 AM, ManGorilla said:

If you plan to play official solo, I would give up honestly. It is easier to raid then defend.

Option one, become a Mole Man! get your Ptera and some building supplies and head for the Caves.

Once again, official is not for solo players, advertise on reddit or somewhere

One of the first things I do as a raider is go check every cave. 6x dmg means 6x less resources to destroy.

With 2k hours I've come to the conclusion other people are very happy to use your resources/dinos without actually doing anything.

On 11/13/2017 at 6:47 PM, Drinkinthepink said:

Build hidden 

built 5 places hidden, blue obi, green obi, red obi, even in the desert, each day wiped by someone different

On 11/14/2017 at 11:10 AM, Frogspoison said:

Three - Your aim is turrets. LOTS and LOTS of turrets, with full sets of bullets. I've seen SO many full metal bases that only had a few measely turrets on it. Don't do that. Its better to build out of WOOD, and put 50 turrets up on the wood, then build out of metal but only have 2-3 turrets.

However, in your case, you are just going to continue to fill up your little hidden mortar/pestles with bullets, turrets, and eventually metal buildings, until you are ready to smack it all together quick.

Took 8 hours to build a single turret from scratch. Wasted hours taming a megaldon because its the only way to get pearls reliably. This was after finding a server were i could mutton tame a ptera and skip the whole kibble farm.

7 hours ago, Culex said:

One of the first things I do as a raider is go check every cave. 6x dmg means 6x less resources to destroy.

With 2k hours I've come to the conclusion other people are very happy to use your resources/dinos without actually doing anything.

built 5 places hidden, blue obi, green obi, red obi, even in the desert, each day wiped by someone different

Took 8 hours to build a single turret from scratch. Wasted hours taming a megaldon because its the only way to get pearls reliably. This was after finding a server were i could mutton tame a ptera and skip the whole kibble farm.

building hidden does NOT mean building on each of the obis lol, I am going to assume you don't know what hidden means... build where no one goes, combined with completely out of visual sight if someone does go there...

11 hours ago, Culex said:

Have you been in those caves? I have been lost more then once and it is a large as cave. 
You are correct, 6x damage but if you are looking for a foot hold on the server, you got to start somewhere. I know two alpha tribes on official servers that hate going in that cave. They will avoid it if they can. This gives you more than 8 hours to last. 

Last thing to note, official doesn't mean better. Gl in your travel my lonely Hermit. 

• 4 weeks later...

Archived