Server Cap Exploitation PVE

Azmeaiel

Alright then, I've thought a lot about this, read a lot of commentary on the subject, and understand the time players have been putting into the game. Here is the final word on the matter: we will **not** be wiping the Official Servers on ARK's release (and as mentioned, we will do everything in our power to ever avoid wiping -- we all felt the sting from the launch duping bug all too well). We will keep existing active Official Servers as they are post-ship -- no wipe -- though at ship we may at our discretion re-purpose certain empty or near-empty Official Servers with 1 month prior warning (we'll provide archives to data of such servers if anyone wishes to re-host).. New Servers will be ADDED to help accommodate new players at that time; we can afford it ;)

We take the time players put into the game seriously, and we want to reward them for that. The reward is having a *permanent* impact on your ARK, simple as that.

Thanks everyone for your support, as we surely do need it. Please spread the word! 

Regards,

Jeremy Stieglitz

ARK Lead Designer, Lead Programmer, Development Director, Co-Creative Director, Co-Founder

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The main problem is the server player cap, when you really think about it. 70 players per server is pathetic, and yes I understand that 70 is the "right" amount because of technically difficulties/performance, etc. but it's too low. This game is popular now, so if they don't want to spend more money on adding more servers, they need to re-work the game in a way which would allow 300-1000 players per server so that they could potentially have less servers and save money. Those numbers sound way too insane for Ark, I know... servers would collapse with that many players, but this is why I said there would have to be a massive re-work of some kind, somehow, I don't know. :$ 

When I first started Ark, I said to my friends "DILO only 70 players per server? that sucks. Bet it costs them a bomb!" ... 9_9

Archived