Server Cap Exploitation PVE

Azmeaiel

Nah, stop both of you or the thread is going to be closed.

I don't really understand why the people think that they are buying an official part of land.

I don't really understand how people is paying for dinos, I also don't understand why people payed for ships on EVE but this is other problem

I have had and unofficial server a long time, it has costs, monthly costs mainly the electricity. The support of this unofficial is yourself, you could worry about yourself while mantaining it, or you could worry about all the people that plays it and don't play it for yourself.

Choose what you like, anyone is going to support you or your server cause people is greedy, if someone could find something free it would opt for that option, simple as that.

What I don't understand is why a pilaring post has morphed into this, really.

WC has give you a lot of freedom to play his game, but you know what? People, humans in general don't know how to use that freedom without harming others cause they can...

You are not angry at wildcard, you are angry against humanity, you know what? ME TOO.

Regards

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Pic1 said:

I don't care what you think WC's intent is, get that through your head. 

Lol that's your problem mate, not Wildcard's. They want you to play on unofficial servers. They have no reason to change official servers to accommodate you, and they are not in anyway motivated to do so. I get what you are saying, I am telling you it doesn't matter. I haven't berated anyone, I said the differences were so minimal as to be irrelevant and pointed out that if multiple people could not afford the minimal cost associated with running a single server, then a subscription wouldn't benefit you either.

Look, if you and three friends rent a server, the total cost is 13.00 a month. If you split that between the 4 of you 3.25 a month. You get a server all to yourselves, the entire dino cap at your fingertips, and complete control over rates. A subscription would cost you $15.00 EACH, or $60.00 total, you STILL have to share the server with others, meaning that reaching that dino cap is still a possibility, and you have no control over rates.

You are right, one of these things is objectively worse, and it isn't having your own server. Your only stated objection, cost, is still a problem regardless of whether you rent a server or not. But if you can afford a subscription, then you can easily afford to rent a server. End of story. You do not personally want to. Cool, but that is your choice and does not in any way reflect on Wildcard and how they run their game. This means that, instead of constructive criticism or feedback, what you are doing is just complaining and it doesn't do anyone any good.

3 minutes ago, Pic1 said:

I guess I have to keep spelling everything out for you. You said thank god when I said I have nothing to say to you but you're the one who jumped at me in this thread. In the first place. You don't work for WC, you aren't a forum admin/mod yet you attacked me although you din't need to. Hope it's clear now.

Lol it's funny, because the more you "explain" the more evident it becomes that you really don't know what you are talking about. That isn't ironic. No I don't work for Wildcard, but their statements make their position clear. I didn't attack you, I contradicted a point you made. You said you would be happy to pay a subscription fee. I pointed out that if you could afford that, then you could run your own server which was an option NOW. But hey, feel free to stop anytime, since you have nothing else to say to me.

Lol that's your problem mate, not Wildcard's. They want you to play on unofficial servers. They have no reason to change official servers to accommodate you, and they are not in anyway motivated to do so.

hard but true, there is a reason for officials beeing in that utterly trashy condition they are, and they wont do anything to make it better...better official servers mean more ppl "like" the game experiance and dont wander off to unofficials.

12 hours ago, Meatmelt said:

WC already sold most of the copies of the game, they can make some more money from programmed DLC.  After that, in few months, they wont be anymore interested in maintaining they own servers because they are just a cost and they will close them. The calculation is simple: we have about 700 official servers, each server costs about 500 dollars at year so they spend about 350.000 bucks/year. How long it can last?

Is clear that they are not going to change anything in game mechanic because it will be too expensive to rethink and rewrite the kibble system, the taming system, the clan system, etc. Too many things would change and no one can assure that this will lead to a better gameplay.

Simply they'll go straight forward with their plans i.e. make as much money as it is possible and I can understand it. We have already bought the game so why bother with us? I think we have to deal with that.

This is the exact truth. WC has screwed their players. Im pretty sure once all these are fully capped i wont be buying the DLC and i wont be buying any future games WC has association with.

6 minutes ago, Joebl0w13 said:

Considering they just sold 500,000 retail copies of the game at $60 a pop.

Those servers can last about 85 years at that cost.

then why so few servers with SOOOO many capped?????? ill tell ya why..... GREED. that 60$ a pop just making somebody rich b4 they let the game die

To all the ppl blaming tribes... let this sink in. max tribe limit supports what 10 tribes with a limit of 500 per tribe assuming 5k tribe cap. how many tribes should fit on a server

31 minutes ago, Joebl0w13 said:

Considering they just sold 500,000 retail copies of the game at $60 a pop.

Those servers can last about 85 years at that cost.

I know but maintainig so many server is, in any case, a big wast of money! Moreover I believe the team and related people didn't worked for free in the last years, the royalties for the engine have to be paid and so on. I'm also pretty sure that WC owners and producers do like to keep as much money as they can in their pockets. They are not doing charity but business, if a cost is not functional to the business, be sure, it'll be cut.

But please don't think I blame them for that, I bought the game in early access and I more than amortized the cost, if they'll shutdown the network tomorrow I'd be fine anyway.

4 minutes ago, Meatmelt said:

I know but maintainig so many server is, in any case, a big wast of money! Moreover I believe the team and related people didn't worked for free in the last years, the royalties for the engine have to be paid and so on. I'm also pretty sure that WC owners and producers do like to keep as much money as they can in their pockets. They are not doing charity but business, if a cost is not functional to the business, be sure, it'll be cut.

But please don't think I blame them for that, I bought the game in early access and I more than amortized the cost, if they'll shutdown the network tomorrow I'd be fine anyway.

Wc owners should take their nice profits home AFTER their customers are taken care of..... not at the cost of their customers. If u arent already established on official u basically have zero chance to get to boss fighting level bc of cap

30 minutes ago, Nikay said:

I think they are trying to push people to pay for private servers which is a ridiculous notion.

Why on earth would you think private servers are a ridiculous notion?  The game was designed from the ground up for private servers to be a huge part of the game, and have always housed the lions share of the player base.

Official servers are primarily designed to be the most competitive and restrictive environment to play ARK in.  Many new people end up landing there briefly, until they get the basics under their belt (and figure out what aspects of the game appeal to them the most) and then tend to move on to the servers that are best suited to their preferred play style... and the majority of the time they don't end up on official servers.

Official servers have their place, either for hyper competitive cross server PVP action or equally competitive cross server marketing (and supposedly community building).  For your average gamer though, there are far more sensible choices to make.

18 hours ago, VIKAS said:

Nah, stop both of you or the thread is going to be closed.

I don't really understand why the people think that they are buying an official part of land.

I don't really understand how people is paying for dinos, I also don't understand why people payed for ships on EVE but this is other problem

I have had and unofficial server a long time, it has costs, monthly costs mainly the electricity. The support of this unofficial is yourself, you could worry about yourself while mantaining it, or you could worry about all the people that plays it and don't play it for yourself.

Choose what you like, anyone is going to support you or your server cause people is greedy, if someone could find something free it would opt for that option, simple as that.

What I don't understand is why a pilaring post has morphed into this, really.

WC has give you a lot of freedom to play his game, but you know what? People, humans in general don't know how to use that freedom without harming others cause they can...

You are not angry at wildcard, you are angry against humanity, you know what? ME TOO.

Regards

Might help reading the thread there buddy, nobody can actually play the game as intended and there are exploits using the cap, this thread is not about 'people mad at not having land'.

25 minutes ago, DarthaNyan said:

If and only if they stop paying wages and other expenses.

A lot of people cry 'games are expensive to make' but do you realise WC themselves, over a year ago said , we will not be deleting legacy servers and have plenty of money to release servers for new players'....this was from WC themselves so dont cry poor devs.

37 minutes ago, Azmeaiel said:

A lot of people cry 'games are expensive to make' but do you realise WC themselves, over a year ago said , we will not be deleting legacy servers and have plenty of money to release servers for new players'....this was from WC themselves so dont cry poor devs.

You are paraphrasing their words in your favor. What they said is that they "dont plan to wipe EA servers upon release, but things may change in the future". Legacy servers are still working but have been shrinked in numbers, players have been noticed in advance to be able to move (save their progress) from servers that were marked to be re-purposed, so i'm not sure what are you complaining about.

1 hour ago, DarthaNyan said:

You are paraphrasing their words in your favor. What they said is that they "dont plan to wipe EA servers upon release, but things may change in the future". Legacy servers are still working but have been shrinked in numbers, players have been noticed in advance to be able to move (save their progress) from servers that were marked to be re-purposed, so i'm not sure what are you complaining about.

simple math man 500k copies..... how many servers should that be? that would be an additional 100 servers if they all just had ONE dino.

Archived