GUARD6

Multiple dedicated server crashes

I just got the update. 195 mb. But I just brought mine back up. So can't say for certain if I'm gonna have the same issue. But I have had an issue with certain admin commands not working. Check my thread. Admin bug player dedicated server. Maybe if we get enough responses on it they'll pay attention to it.

Been having the same issue now. After this update on xbox one, all of a sudden my server crashes back to the dashboard. Even when I go try to load the server back up it will crash to the dashboard even before the server gets back online. What the heck did wild card do?

I beg of you please FIX this ASAP!!!

Edited by colourwheel

Been over 8 hours since this issue been known, anyone at all at wild Card know if this is even being looked into?

Edit: is anyone else's Private Dedicated Server having this same issue? It's the same thing I have read about the host trying to load "ValcanoEntrance" then crashing to the dashboard. Basically this seems to not be fixed still.

Edited by colourwheel

6 hours ago, colourwheel said:

Been over 8 hours since this issue been known, anyone at all at wild Card know if this is even being looked into?

Edit: is anyone else's Private Dedicated Server having this same issue? It's the same thing I have read about the host trying to load "ValcanoEntrance" then crashing to the dashboard. Basically this seems to not be fixed still.

If your server is crashing at that it is possible you may have a corrupted save file. And we all know what the fix is for that unfortunately.

26 minutes ago, Arksurvivor20 said:

If your server is crashing at that it is possible you may have a corrupted save file. And we all know what the fix is for that unfortunately.

I have checked the save file on my xbox. I always thought  a corrupted saved game file is marked with a yellow exclamation point. Please correct me if I am wrong about this. Also if it isn't marked with a yellow exclamation point, how can one tell if a game file is corrupted? I am not about to delete thousands  hours of peoples lives on my server just because it could be "possible" the saved game file is corrupted. I have had this server since January. 

Edited by colourwheel

To answer your question, unfortunately there is no absolute way to see if the file is corrupted on console. In past experiences though when trying to load the server and it continues to crash at a specific point (I.e. dashboards) it generally means that your save file was somehow corrupted and there really is no way to fix it.

On 11/14/2017 at 9:31 PM, colourwheel said:

I have checked the save file on my xbox. I always thought  a corrupted saved game file is marked with a yellow exclamation point. Please correct me if I am wrong about this. Also if it isn't marked with a yellow exclamation point, how can one tell if a game file is corrupted? I am not about to delete thousands  hours of peoples lives on my server just because it could be "possible" the saved game file is corrupted. I have had this server since January. 

I have about 3 cases in the last year where it looked like an update currupted my save(and many others all at the same time) 2 times a fix came out within 2 weeks and fixed my save and it worked fine. The 3rd time a few months ago took around 40 days for them to come out with a fix which fixed about 90% of the servers effected.... unfortunately not mine. Mine was one of the few that couldnt be saved.  Lost a year old save for over 10 people with at least 1k hours ea. We took a break and waited for Nitrado rentals so we will never ever lose everything again since Nitrado servers have backup files. To me that piece of mind is worth the money.