sequel ARK: Survival Evolved 2 ?

Supertoto

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, GriffinGolemGaming said:

Ark hasn't even been finished in development and ark 2 is a thing you want already?

No what we want is a stable well working game. There are some of us out here who are beginning to think that it will not be possible with the current game coding. From my understanding of what I have read, WC did some new and groundbreaking things in the formation of Ark. It is very possible that some of that early coding has limited them on what they are able to do or fix at this point. This is purely speculation, but with WC's poor communication we all have little else to go on  here.

3 hours ago, Uzimaki said:

I'm always open to new content be that dlc or a sequel if it's good its good... 

See, that is the thing. I don't know the financials of Wildcard, but they aren't getting recurring money as far as I know. So I fully understand they need to reach out to keep the gears going. This is understandable. 

The thing for me is personally to abdicate of all the content already introduced to the game, would I go to a sequel if "X" animal was not in it? Or no Tek Tier? Heck no, I want the whole thing. The way they have been working, with DLC/Expansions is something I like, because they keep on building the content up. 

I already went thru some thoughts why I believe a sequel is bad for Wildcard and our community, as many have said, there are still many glitches to address, for me the most irritating one are the caves and creatures spawning underneath the map.

On 13/11/2017 at 5:20 PM, Supertoto said:

ARK 2: The Return of the Dodo ?

From Jesse:
“I think, you know, as we get down the line, over the next year or two, ARK needs to have a sequel at some point. It’s definitely gonna be on our minds about when it’s the right time to something like that.”

Please no, no no. 

Guest UNST3RBLICH
10 hours ago, FraukePetry said:

Dont Buy from this company!

There's nothing wrong with buying from this company. They've developed a huge community following of people who still very much enjoy the game (myself included).

I would just say going forward, don't rush into buying a DLC if you're not wanting to play it immediately, because all of the content may very well be included in a new player-made map that gets picked up and added to the official maps list.

Instead of thinking about future instalments for the title, fix your damn game wildcard. No need for sequel or any of that bungie bullpoop. This game could survive for a good amount of years with constant content updates and expansions, just eliminate those bugs and glitches. A game like minecraft came out in 2007 and till this day it's one of the most popular games ever, and seeing people say ARK is the adult version of minecraft, I can see that ARK has a similar route, just by FIXING the game.

29 minutes ago, Herbapou said:

I just came to ark after playing minecraft.

Judging by what people build, I must be alone on my server with that background.  People build such ugly bases.

ARK's building system is pretty dull, it's good to know though that S+ will be coming to the base game as an official add-on

I agree this game could have a long life if care is taken by the dev team, alas it seems somewhere along the way the dollar signs became more important than integrity or making something to last that your customers want.  Ill play until it becomes boring but the signs are there they wont be in this game for the long haul unfortunately.

1 hour ago, Chris said:

Why is everyone acting like we are releasing "ARK 2" soon? :cappa:

We have a long way to go before we even think about a "sequel". 

I think it had to do with this article if I were to guess, not that players ever read whats in them. Just seeing the title anywhere online then words start to spread fast, doesn't matter if its relevant to the story posted or not. Just mentioning something like this gets everyone worked up. :P Tell one person a story, have that story travel person by person and you'll get a brand new story. - The mysteries of the internet at its best...
http://www.pcgamer.com/ark-survival-evolved-dev-thinks-it-needs-to-have-a-sequel-someday/

1 hour ago, Chris said:

A very very very very very....VERY...very very very very....deep breth...ill fix that typo in a few months when people complain enough...but continuing...very very very very very very VERY long time. Mannnnnnyyyy years from now. 

• Wildcard Community
4 minutes ago, jammyjade said:

your esteemed community manager eli mentioned it on twitter or here somewhere with a huge grain of a salt but you know us survivors hungry for new shizzle

Yes I did mention it. On the very first page of this thread, where I fairly explicitly stated that we aren't working on a sequel.

On 11/13/2017 at 7:10 PM, Eli said:

We don't have any plans for a sequel right now. But as has been stated, with the unprecedented popularity of the game, it would be a disservice to not expand on that through a sequel.

People may ask why expand through a sequel rather than more expansion ARKs like Scorched Earth or Aberration or the yet unrevealed third expansion, and the answer to that is simply a matter of efficiency. Our developers have learned a great deal when it comes to game development through the years of developing ARK as well as from handling porting the systems over to consoles; a good amount of work done has been applying those new fixes to old code and trying to make sure that the whole thing doesn't put buttered toast onto a cat in the process. With a sequel, development could be further streamlined and made more efficient by not having to isolate old functions and trying to make them compatible with new discoveries. This could hopefully turn things around, as it's no big secret that our release estimations are less accurate than an imperial storm trooper shooting at rebels.

Look Eli, I know you're new here, and welcome BTW... Just need to correct you on one thing...

No one at WCS would ever put buttered toast on a cat; they'd shove it up a Dino's butt... 

True story, ask your colleagues. ?

7 hours ago, Herbapou said:

I just came to ark after playing minecraft.

Judging by what people build, I must be alone on my server with that background.  People build such ugly bases.

Lol... You must be playing official... Most Minecraft builders play unofficial.

6 hours ago, Chris said:

Amen to that! And you better not stop at the 3rd DLC either... There's just so many things you can do with this universe. I expect to see us end up back on Earth... Oooopppps, did I share what you thought? ?

12 hours ago, Chris said:

Depends on your definition of "soon". Quoting the pcgamer article:

creative director Jesse Rapczak told DualShockers recently that in the relatively near future, Studio Wildcard is going to start looking ahead to a sequel. 

"I think, you know, as we get down the line, over the next year or two, Ark needs to have a sequel at some point," Rapczak said

I would say "a year or two" is very soon considering the current state of the game. He's even alledgedly saying "relatively soon", which must be considered a version of "soon".
Now, I realise that these statements are in no way definite and should be taken with a grain of salt. But you need to realise that "soon" is coming from your own ranks and while I agree it's a good idea to stop the tide of speculation, please don't falsely accuse people from making things up when they only listen to official statements! 

Soon: Copyright 2014-2017 Studio Wildcard, Inc. All rights reserved. "Soon" does not imply any particular date, time, decade, century, or millennia in the past, present, and certainly not the future. "Soon" shall make no contract or warranty between Studio Wildcard and the end user. "Soon" will arrive some day, Wildcard does guarantee that "soon" will be here before the end of time. Maybe. Do not make plans based on "soon" as Wildcard will not be liable for any misuse, use, or even casual glancing at "soon."[

Just now, Herbapou said:

Soon: Copyright 2014-2017 Studio Wildcard, Inc. All rights reserved. "Soon" does not imply any particular date, time, decade, century, or millennia in the past, present, and certainly not the future. "Soon" shall make no contract or warranty between Studio Wildcard and the end user. "Soon" will arrive some day, Wildcard does guarantee that "soon" will be here before the end of time. Maybe. Do not make plans based on "soon" as Wildcard will not be liable for any misuse, use, or even casual glancing at "soon."[

That term was already coined by Blizzard way earlier.

Archived