The developers don't deserve this hate

RAYGUNcam

4 hours ago, RAYGUNcam said:

I never said they deserved praise 24/7, but they also dont need 24/7 negativity when all people put down is negativity they are not going to listen because people dont really want to listen to what the people who are being negative have to say instead of being rude just tell them politely, I've seen new problems from people and 90% of them are "Fix this now and you suck for allowing this problem."

I've already tried the polite way as have many others but whether it's a well thought out multi paragraphed paragraph or a short and sweet 'you sux wildcard' changes still take forever to nbe made if they ever come at all and certain fanboys still complain that people dare dislike anything no matter how well written. Patience and long written posts that don't get read anyways have gotten people that dislike all the nerfs and other recent changes absolutely nowhere. It's clear the only thing that will change WC is when enough people eventually stop paying for their products. I'd love for them to prove me wrong though.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Brayn said:

I'm using a one X now.  Visually the game looks amazing.  It does nothing to fix network performance so you still have all the same lag and DCs.  WC finally confirmed the other day in tweets that the One X doesn't solve those issues.  It's network performance on their end.  The dead zones are memory leaks.

Does the One X help with FPS in regards to lag around large bases? I drop to about 20 fps or worse in my base on the standard xbone. 

49 minutes ago, Dustrider said:

Does the One X help with FPS in regards to lag around large bases? I drop to about 20 fps or worse in my base on the standard xbone. 

No.  I actually dual box since I'm a solo tribe and used to host my own xbox server.  My main character is on the one X and my alt is on my regular XBONE.  On rag, during really bad lag hitches, my alt almost always gets DC'd whereas my one X only gets DC'd half as much.  Other than that, the only differences I see are graphical and even the graphical ones aren't novel.  The game used to have much better graphics up until like March or April when they did some performance fix that caused everything to look blurry.

4 hours ago, Scrysis said:

It would have gone up through a non-compete contract or something with the stores.  Basically, in order to give the stores a fighting chance, since the stores want to sell the games for more to cover overhead, the digital version had to match the price of the physical one.  Otherwise, the stores really just become a glorified advertising agency for the studio, which the stores really don't want.  I think that some of the console players might have had access to it online via online marketplace, but don't quote me on that.  I'm very much part of the PC master race, myself.

All that would mean is confirmation that the digital version is not worth $60. :P 

As for the competition with digital, again, if people want a physical PC disc for some strange reason (heck, it is rare to find a pre-built PC that even has a disc drive anymore), then they would not be able to get it on Steam. And, if they did not want or need the physical version, they would still need to have a Steam account anyway and anyone with a Steam account probably knows about Steam sales, so the retailers lose out there anyway.

Wildcard can go on all they want about how they actually make more money with the lower price, but using the "retail parity" to raise the digital price did not raise the digital overhead, so they are still making out pretty darn well on the deal, no?

4 hours ago, Tanek said:

All that would mean is confirmation that the digital version is not worth $60. :P 

As for the competition with digital, again, if people want a physical PC disc for some strange reason (heck, it is rare to find a pre-built PC that even has a disc drive anymore), then they would not be able to get it on Steam. And, if they did not want or need the physical version, they would still need to have a Steam account anyway and anyone with a Steam account probably knows about Steam sales, so the retailers lose out there anyway.

Wildcard can go on all they want about how they actually make more money with the lower price, but using the "retail parity" to raise the digital price did not raise the digital overhead, so they are still making out pretty darn well on the deal, no?

Again.....

They are required, by contract to raise the digital prices to match retail.

They were happy with the low digital price originally cause it sold. If someone now buys digital then yes wildcard makes more profit on that particular sale but their aim is no longer the digital sale.

They invested in retail for a larger reach. They now need to sell retail to recover the costs.

4 hours ago, Tanek said:

Probably not.  As I mentioned before, everyone who was going to buy digital already did so.  

As a counter-point, valve has made a fortune by periodically offering deep sales on items from time to time because digital doesn't have physical overhead costs.

People will focus on whatever to be upset about.  Just about everyone here on the forums either bought the game early or had plenty of options to make an informed decision with reviews before buying the game.

On 11/15/2017 at 1:18 AM, RAYGUNcam said:

What are talking about pay to win DLC? Its not like they have an addon for 5$ in the store for a random ascendant pike that you receive every time to respawn. Scorched earth is not a pay to win DLC it is another map with more stuff to use, which you can get all this stuff on Rag now for free. The only reason they sold Scorched earth in EA was because they needed funding to keep adding things to the game and keep it alive. Rag on xbox is unplayable but y'know there are other maps to play which in my opinion are better. On PvP expect to lose stuff even dinos people are going to try to find exploits in the game to mess with you.

Stuff like Wyverns, Rock Elementals, whips, flamethrowers etc are all very useful items that give you an advantage and they can all be transfered over to other servers and used against players without access to them. That's totally pay to win. Abberation will be the same.
Did you even read what I said about losing more tames to the devs than to other players properly? Obviously not.
As for playing on other maps I would prefer to play on The Center but Lagnarok has all the scorched stuff included as well as being the only map you can get Griffons, Ice Wyverns and tame Polar Bears. Even if we built up on a Center server and a scorched server we would still have to go to Rag to get those tames.

6 minutes ago, Jamage007 said:

Stuff like Wyverns, Rock Elementals, whips, flamethrowers etc are all very useful items that give you an advantage and they can all be transfered over to other servers and used against players without access to them. That's totally pay to win. Abberation will be the same.
Did you even read what I said about losing more tames to the devs than to other players properly? Obviously not.
As for playing on other maps I would prefer to play on The Center but Lagnarok has all the scorched stuff included as well as being the only map you can get Griffons, Ice Wyverns and tame Polar Bears. Even if we built up on a Center server and a scorched server we would still have to go to Rag to get those tames.

• Wyverns:  Countered by Grpyhon, accessible to all
  • Rock Elementals :Countered by many standard options, accessible to all
  • Flamethrower :  Requires you to get close in the first place, easily countered by a good sniper or strong dino.

So really, this makes the Scorched Earth DLC pay to win?
Play on Ragnarok and you have access to ALL of this without even having to purchase the DLC in the first place.

Nothing pay 2 win about it.

14 minutes ago, Olivar said:
  • Wyverns:  Countered by Grpyhon, accessible to all
  • Rock Elementals :Countered by many standard options, accessible to all
  • Flamethrower :  Requires you to get close in the first place, easily countered by a good sniper or strong dino.

So really, this makes the Scorched Earth DLC pay to win?
Play on Ragnarok and you have access to ALL of this without even having to purchase the DLC in the first place.

Nothing pay 2 win about it.

Wyverns countered by Griffons is debatable. While Griffons do have the advantage in air to air combat Wyverns can still win without to much effort and Wyverns are still great for pvp. Can a Griffon bomb projectiles from a safe distance? No, can Griffons enrage a Giga by themselves? Not that I have ever seen or heard of. Wyverns are also great meat harvesters and for some base locations the best option for meat runs, they are also great for killing Titans and getting insane amounts of xp. Griffons were also only added fairly recently.

Rock Elementals are countered by Giga's but im not sure about anything else and that's only if you are online and have a Giga.

Flamethrowers are probably the best close range weapon even after the nerf and were really op before the nerf. They are only countered by a sniper if the sniper already has distance on them. People don't try and use a flamethrower against snipers at range lol. People use them when thay are at close range. Stong dino's counter any player on foot regardless of weapon and ive killed heaps of dino's with a flamethrower and a lot of other players.

Yeah all the content bar the Phoenix is now available to everyone through Lagnarok (another thing that pisses people off) but that wasnt always the case as rag is new. Abberation stuff might be added to another map down the line but until then that will also be pay to win just like Scorched.

2 minutes ago, Jamage007 said:

Wyverns countered by Griffons is debatable. While Griffons do have the advantage in air to air combat Wyverns can still win without to much effort and Wyverns are still great for pvp. Can a Griffon bomb projectiles from a safe distance? No, can Griffons enrage a Giga by themselves? Not that I have ever seen or heard of. Wyverns are also great meat harvesters and for some base locations the best option for meat runs, they are also great for killing Titans and getting insane amounts of xp. Griffons were also only added fairly recently.

Rock Elementals are countered by Giga's but im not sure about anything else and that's only if you are online and have a Giga.

Flamethrowers are probably the best close range weapon even after the nerf and were really op before the nerf. They are only countered by a sniper if the sniper already has distance on them. People don't try and use a flamethrower against snipers at range lol. People use them when thay are at close range. Stong dino's counter any player on foot regardless of weapon and ive killed heaps of dino's with a flamethrower and a lot of other players.

Yeah all the content bar the Phoenix is now available to everyone through Lagnarok (another thing that pisses people off) but that wasnt always the case as rag is new. Abberation stuff might be added to another map down the line but until then that will also be pay to win just like Scorched.

Gryphons can take down a rider on a Wyvern with a single dive-bomb.
All you need is to get above it once and it's pretty much a win.
Just because you haven't heard of it, doesn't mean it's not happening.  Wyverns are strong, and so are Gryphons, but if a Gryphon gets the jump on a wyvern, it's over.
You don't need to kill the Wyvern, taking down it's rider is sufficient.

Taking down a Rock Elemental with Tapejara + Tek Saddle is a joke.
Takes several aimed shots and that thing dies without you taking a single hit from it.
Been there, done that.

If people can get that close you raptored up anyways.
And I'm pretty sure a 650% melee damage pump action shotgun is going to hurt you, even if you're holding a flamethrower.
They're powerfull in PvP, but they're not the omni-potent weapon.

And yes first 6 weeks Aberration stuff will be the new fad thing on servers till everyone has it.

2 minutes ago, Olivar said:

Gryphons can take down a rider on a Wyvern with a single dive-bomb.
All you need is to get above it once and it's pretty much a win.
Just because you haven't heard of it, doesn't mean it's not happening.  Wyverns are strong, and so are Gryphons, but if a Gryphon gets the jump on a wyvern, it's over.
You don't need to kill the Wyvern, taking down it's rider is sufficient.

Taking down a Rock Elemental with Tapejara + Tek Saddle is a joke.
Takes several aimed shots and that thing dies without you taking a single hit from it.
Been there, done that.

If people can get that close you raptored up anyways.
And I'm pretty sure a 650% melee damage pump action shotgun is going to hurt you, even if you're holding a flamethrower.
They're powerfull in PvP, but they're not the omni-potent weapon.

And yes first 6 weeks Aberration stuff will be the new fad thing on servers till everyone has it.

In a 1v1 battle sure if you kill the rider the Wyvern is probably done for but if anyone else from the tribe is around they can just whistle it or the person might have a bed nearby. Allies can also defend if they are around. Griffons are def op but like I said were only just recently added to the game what about before they existed?

Yeah a Tek tappy will wreck a Golem but not everyone has them and element to burn. They also didnt exist when Golems were first released. Golems are also amazing at getting stone and sand.

Saying If people get that close you raptored up anyway must mean your the type of player who only sits back and snipes. Even then people can sneak up on you or flank you. Ive done that to plenty of snipers. Unless your checking behind you every 3-5 seconds theres not much you can do about it.
650% guns do not exist on official, max is 285 + a bit more with crafting bonus but if you transfer it goes back to 285. Also good luck hitting anything when all you can see is orange fire. Ive roasted plenty of shotty users and never lost in a flamethrower vs shotty battle.

I'll also add the the red drops in the scorched desert are op af and the Manticore was by far the easiest boss to farm and get the required trophies for.

5 minutes ago, Jamage007 said:

In a 1v1 battle sure if you kill the rider the Wyvern is probably done for but if anyone else from the tribe is around they can just whistle it or the person might have a bed nearby. Allies can also defend if they are around. Griffons are def op but like I said were only just recently added to the game what about before they existed?

Yeah a Tek tappy will wreck a Golem but not everyone has them and element to burn. They also didnt exist when Golems were first released. Golems are also amazing at getting stone and sand.

Saying If people get that close you raptored up anyway must mean your the type of player who only sits back and snipes. Even then people can sneak up on you or flank you. Ive done that to plenty of snipers. Unless your checking behind you every 3-5 seconds theres not much you can do about it.
650% guns do not exist on official, max is 285 + a bit more with crafting bonus but if you transfer it goes back to 285. Also good luck hitting anything when all you can see is orange fire. Ive roasted plenty of shotty users and never lost in a flamethrower vs shotty battle.

I'll also add the the red drops in the scorched desert are op af and the Manticore was by far the easiest boss to farm and get the required trophies for.

Yes it was bad in the past, and that's why these updates exist.
They undo the unbalance introduced and give everyone access to other stuff.
So what?
Stuff is always unbalanced on release, and it takes time and feedback to get it right.
And yes, you don't have access to any of it at the beginning. All of these things take time and investment.
That's why we're playing this game are we not?

And yup, I'm a sniper.
I'm fully aware that if someone get's the drop on me I'm pretty much dead if he has decent armor on him.
If not, I'm going to go at him with my 720% ascended melee sword, and you better pray you have a full tank of propellant at that point or you won't even get the chance to light that flamethrower up on me.

Almost everything in this game can be countered, one way or another.
Think outside the box.

13 minutes ago, Olivar said:

Yes it was bad in the past, and that's why these updates exist.
They undo the unbalance introduced and give everyone access to other stuff.
So what?
Stuff is always unbalanced on release, and it takes time and feedback to get it right.
And yes, you don't have access to any of it at the beginning. All of these things take time and investment.
That's why we're playing this game are we not?

And yup, I'm a sniper.
I'm fully aware that if someone get's the drop on me I'm pretty much dead if he has decent armor on him.
If not, I'm going to go at him with my 720% ascended melee sword, and you better pray you have a full tank of propellant at that point or you won't even get the chance to light that flamethrower up on me.

Almost everything in this game can be countered, one way or another.
Think outside the box.

Yeah but this stuff was behind a pay wall for quite some time and was overpowered for quite some time too. Paying to get an advantage is pay to win.
As for time and investment you obviously play on a boosted dedicated server since your talking about 650 dmg shottys and 750 dmg swords. Those things DO NOT exist on official and on official its mostly just alpha tribes and mega tribes that can use things like Tek tappys as it takes a lot more time on official and the bosses are harder.

As for swords vs flamethrowers thats another thing I have never lost as 750 dmg swords dont exist on official and if they did 750 dmg flamethrowers would too that would roast you before you even know what has happened. I have been roasted myself though using a sword against a flamethrower as its hard to see what your even swinging at when you are being roasted alive and good flamethrower users will outrange you

Idk who your trying to convince? Me, yourself or people reading but you haven't come close to convincing me that it wasn't pay to win (at least for a while) and after reading my points I doubt many people will disagree with me.

5 minutes ago, Olivar said:

If you think that's pay to win then I worry what your opinion is about actual pay to win implementations....

*Cough Cough* EA and Battlefront 2 mess. Now that was a fun watch lol. 

Its the one thing I will probably always give the WC devs the thumbs up on, no pay to win and no microtransactions. Ark has never had pay to win, I dont count the DLCs as such.

On 15/11/2017 at 2:19 PM, J0hnnySw1f7 said:

1)this is no longer an issue, quit hitting your controller and set it down. Your character will pop out of floor once everthing has rendered in if you have nothing above you.
2)i have only seen this happen when dismounting directly below objects, move and dismount or find a new parking spot.
3)this is due in part to the server lag issue and or communication with client...not a developement issue.
4)just dont play legacy, i dont know what else to say.
5)again, not a dev issue. They design the car, the gas company gives u the fuel that powers it go complain to them.(server host for the layman)
6)put your doors on the sides of your raft, not the front and back. This will also make entry and exit at beaches much faster.
7)I have seen this as well, feels to be a hitbox issue. Ichtyornis are the worst. Quiet possibly caused by server drawing dino in one place, client rendering in another, similar to ghost corpse harvesting.(desync, aka rubberbanding)
8)This is a personal problem caused by either inferior hardware, ie console or low end components, or a low render distance. Both are fixable, holidays are here.
9)i have logged well over 3k hours in ark across multiple game modes and platforms and have NEVER had an issue of spawning under the map. Not saying it doesnt happen, but i personally feel it shouldnt be included on your "list".

The end.

I'm not even going to address your stupidity after you just said "just don't play legacy, I don't know what to say" assuming I play legacy and duping has been fixed.? News flash. I've not played legacy since ragnarok released. With that said it's clearly obvious you are clueless about this game. Duping wasn't fixed, it was slowed down... 

17 minutes ago, Ronson12 said:

I'm not even going to address your stupidity after you just said "just don't play legacy, I don't know what to say" assuming I play legacy and duping has been fixed.? News flash. I've not played legacy since ragnarok released. With that said it's clearly obvious you are clueless about this game. Duping wasn't fixed, it was slowed down... 

You really can't get rid of duping unless you completely remove the cross ark transfer system because you have two saves the server save and the ark transfer save whatever you load into the cross ark transfer save it is saved until it is removed from it and servers save around every 30 min so tribes load what ever they want to dupe and crash the server get what ever they had in the transfer save and the back lag will have saved their inventory from before them loading it into another save. Its not a glitch or bug its supposed to save the transfer data but people figure out ways to break the game because they are too lazy to do the work themselves

I don't understand how you'd think that the SE stuff is pay to win.  You could literally trade for that stuff.  Or snatch dinos/wyverns/whatever when timers expire for when people leave and don't come back.  I've heard of people complaining about newbies getting wyverns due to that.  

The developers have people screaming that they need to separate the servers, and then they'd get those same or different people complaining that they can't get the specialized dinos on their map.  People want trading, and server hopping so they don't have to redo everything when they join a different server, and then they complain when WC doesn't have an easy fix for the asshats who abuse the system.  And then they have backseat-programmers who tell them how simple and easy it is to fix all of the bugs in the game and demand to know why they haven't all been fixed yet.

If WC was a publishing house, I'd be a bit more cynical.  But they're not.  They're a bunch of developers and artists in a small studio.  So yeah, I'll give them the benefit of the doubt.  Because, at the end of the day, they're just people, and they have feelings too.  They wouldn't have patch notes, or new features without working on it, so I'm rather sure that they aren't sitting back, sipping lattes and laughing at the forums (although, to be honest, they'd be justified in doing so).  Instead, they have to be working their asses off.  I've seen Jat, Jeremy, and Jen all tweet game updates late after when normal people go home on occasion.  And don't give me that timezone bullpoop.  I'm in the same timezone as the studio.  I've seen really good developers be pushed away from games due to unfair criticism.  And yeah, this criticism that I've been seeing is becoming unfair.  They can only work on so many problems at once.  And money is a problem, so don't bat that aside either.  

So yeah, developers HAVE to work on new maps in order to keep the studio running.  That leaves less development time for bug fixes.  That doesn't mean they're not trying.

On 11/13/2017 at 1:57 PM, Brayn said:

IMO they have scripts running in the background to Band-Aid over code issues.  Recently on an Island server I had been in the water for a week and saw the same few alpha tusos and mosas in the same spots.  One night randomly around 5am the game stalled for 30 seconds or so and literally every wild dino on the map got wiped and respawned.  This tells me they run a destroywilddinos script or did it manually for whatever reason.  There's a lot more going on under the hood on officials than unofficials, otherwise why would unofficials and single player spawns act completely different to official spawns?  And don't say it's because there's more people playing on official and cycling dinos.  I played on an extinction server for 30 days where there were 3 people on at peak times.  Never had any of the issues I had every time I hosted a private server.

You are absolutely correct, WC has stated this a few times in patch notes, they are trying to address the disappearing dinos, large water dinos and some land Dinos like Spinos.

They have the server reset dinos weekly or every five days, forget which they stated, to correct the issue of disappearing Spinos, Mosas, Basillos etc.

This is the 1st game, where Alpha build was better than Final release. 

Where are all optimizations?

Where are all old promises [some are still exist after 2 years]? 

WC is only company which hold all their work just for attending an event!

WC hold all their work just for working on XBox One X version of game!

WC remember to charge AAA price from customers but always cry we are indie developer!

On 13/11/2017 at 7:12 PM, Brayn said:

At least we've come to some accord... I just disagree on hate.  We've been giving them constructive feedback since day 1 and continued after release.  All of it seems like it's being ignored in favor of hyping Aberration.  I just can't defend a company that releases a broken product and then turns around and tries to sell a new product before getting the first one to function properly.

As for consoles not having the juice to run the game, the One X should be all you need.  That console is like a $1,200 PC that could run ARK on low/medium settings.  I have the One X.  There is absolutely no difference in connectivity/network performance and Wildcard Jesse confirmed the same, that just having a new console does nothing to address those issues.

Its nothing to do with the fact that it's console. during development between certain patches, the game ran 100% perfectly on console (albeit for only for a month or 2 before they updated another patch and brought back all the lag). The issue is clearly with the console servers and not the console build of the game.

before full release - Xbox - 75%+ full servers ran pretty near perfect. they cleared up the rubber banding a lot and only minor lag remained, so minor it was rarely noticed.
following full release - Xbox - 5% full server - lag for several minutes at a time, then you can interact for 10 seconds, then lag out for another couple of minutes, and ....loop....

Ark is designed as a high risk, high reward game. unfortunately the state of the game makes playing it pointless as it's no longer about risk at all when its guaranteed that you only have control of your character and/or dino about 10% if the actual time you are logged in. risk goes out of the window when you know you can't do anything to start with. I don't want to go tame a Rex because I can guarantee that the lag will ruin any chance. i don't want to go and kill a boss because I know the lg will ruin any chance i have. i don't want to do **insert any ARK activity here** because I know the lag will ruin it..... so what am I left with...... playing another game I guess.

To clarify again......... These issues that are truly making the console versions unplayable were not there before final release and it's nothing to do with over populated servers because the issue remains on near empty servers. This kind of deduction is clear, so why haven't WC deduced this?

its not the bugs or mistakes that annoy a lot of people....... its how the OBVIOUS issues are ignored. this leaves us with 2 possible assumptions, 1) WC are ignoring the issue (Bad) or 2) WC are not seeing the obvious (bad) which causes fans to lose all respect for the team that they thought were on the ball to begin with.

• Volunteer Moderator
35 minutes ago, RudeboyXL said:

Its nothing to do with the fact that it's console. during development between certain patches, the game ran 100% perfectly on console (albeit for only for a month or 2 before they updated another patch and brought back all the lag). The issue is clearly with the console servers and not the console build of the game.

before full release - Xbox - 75%+ full servers ran pretty near perfect. they cleared up the rubber banding a lot and only minor lag remained, so minor it was rarely noticed.
following full release - Xbox - 5% full server - lag for several minutes at a time, then you can interact for 10 seconds, then lag out for another couple of minutes, and ....loop....

Ark is designed as a high risk, high reward game. unfortunately the state of the game makes playing it pointless as it's no longer about risk at all when its guaranteed that you only have control of your character and/or dino about 10% if the actual time you are logged in. risk goes out of the window when you know you can't do anything to start with. I don't want to go tame a Rex because I can guarantee that the lag will ruin any chance. i don't want to go and kill a boss because I know the lg will ruin any chance i have. i don't want to do **insert any ARK activity here** because I know the lag will ruin it..... so what am I left with...... playing another game I guess.

To clarify again......... These issues that are truly making the console versions unplayable were not there before final release and it's nothing to do with over populated servers because the issue remains on near empty servers. This kind of deduction is clear, so why haven't WC deduced this?

its not the bugs or mistakes that annoy a lot of people....... its how the OBVIOUS issues are ignored. this leaves us with 2 possible assumptions, 1) WC are ignoring the issue (Bad) or 2) WC are not seeing the obvious (bad) which causes fans to lose all respect for the team that they thought were on the ball to begin with.

This is true, the Xbox One X makes the game much nicer looking. It doesn't have any effect whatsoever on the lag and rubberbanding. 

The game used to run much better than it does now. Like you said there was a time when the lag and rubberbanding, even on a full server, was almost unnoticeable.

34 minutes ago, RudeboyXL said:

You forgot one -- 3) WC are having issues fixing what they do see.

To stall the obvious -- you mentioned that sometimes the servers would run perfectly, and then would be broken again after a patch.  The real question is, how many bugs, fixes, and optimizations do you think xbox players would tolerate not having in order for the servers not to lag?  I don't think that they'd tolerate any, and I think they'd be pretty angry if they didn't eventually get all of the dinos and maps that PC does.

As someone who has been on ARK since day one of it’s “birth” let me tell you this game is the greatest, bugs and all. The reason that the devs take so long is cause they care about you and me and they want to hand us a game with as few bugs as possible! The only game I know that deserves such hate is Crossout. Seriously though name 5 big Corp games in the past few years that were not buggy as hell.. have you played Bethesda games... or *twitch* Ubisoft games...

Ark devs try their best and I know they do and that’s all I need. Also those haters are just a bunch of spoiled self entitled brats as far as I can tell/care, so no one should listen to them anyway. Let me tell you how ark day one was... before we had more then ten dinosaurs and then there was the random spring board zones that sent you straight across the map at Mach 5... oh and the 2 mile hit boxes on trees or the old aggro ranges of creatures...

Archived