The developers don't deserve this hate

RAYGUNcam

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Olivar said:

Does that mean however people should hate on Wildcard? Nope. They should provide feedback and tell what goes wrong so Wildcard can fix it. I'm pretty sure that the console territory is new for them.

So once we provide feedback and nothing is said and nothing is fixed what do we do then?

And console is new territory for whom? WC? Hasnt Ark been on xbox for nearly 2 years?

5 hours ago, RAYGUNcam said:

With aberration coming sometime maybe this year or nor people are angry at them for not having it released when they said they would probably have it out or people are mad about updates for the game not coming when they said they would possibly happen. Those people hating the devs but you have to think its a smaller team and this small team is making an open world survival game with building crafting, and fighting mechanics and with other creatures big and small so of course there is going to be bugs. Instead of complaning about these bugs and telling wildcard they are bad at making a game, yea sure they have QA testers but they can't find every problem with the game when a DLC and update is released, but if you do find a problem you can send a support ticket to wildcard or even make a post about it in the bugs and glitch support section. Regarding the DLC release dates they have to add features one by one and each time they add a feature they have QA testers go in and test the new feature and find problems and if there are little to none problems they move on the next feature, repeat until its finished and some times adding other features messes with the one that have been added so then they have to fix it to make them compatible and well it may break another, so if there was an attended release date then they have problems and need to address them they have to fix it before its released or they could release it with that problem and make the game unplayable until they fix it; would you rather have a finished and playable DLC or the DLC comes out on the attended release date and its unplayable, me I'd wait for it to be released when it is playable. Yes it sucks to wait for the thing you were  told was coming out on X date and it doesn't happen but just think next time it does happen they want the game to be playable.

The one big flaw in your post is the fact people have been filling out support tickets and showing the devs bugs for how many years? Yet those very bugs and problems still exist. There isn't a lack of information being sent to them, there's a lack of action and communication from the devs though right? 

4 minutes ago, Ronson12 said:

The one big flaw in your post is the fact people have been filling out support tickets and showing the devs bugs for how many years? Yet those very bugs and problems still exist. There isn't a lack of information being sent to them, there's a lack of action and communication from the devs though right? 

Give me a list off 5 bugs that have been in the game for years and have not been addressed. Not "I don't like this part of the game," but bugs. 5 bugs that have been around from years and have never been addressed or talked about by the devs.

3 minutes ago, LouSpowells said:

Give me a list off 5 bugs that have been in the game for years and have not been addressed. Not "I don't like this part of the game," but bugs. 5 bugs that have been around from years and have never been addressed or talked about by the devs.

lol that's pretty easy sir.

1.  Dino's falling through ceilings on login/render.

2.  Platform Structures desyncing from the back of the dino, causing an infinite teleport loop if you step on them.

3.  The many 'dead zones' on scorched that guaranty you will DC if you fly over/through them.

4.  Character models that are too big or too small will cause armor to clip through them.

5.  Dinos on follow do not account for their own momentum, causing them to crash into you and pin you.  Still happens even on the highest follow settings.

6.  Babies and eggs falling through foundations/ceilings.

7.  Birds on neutral will fly to the ceiling if attacked by an insect or other wild flier.

8.  What happens when you DC while flying.  Sometimes you're on the ground next to your bird, sometimes you're on the ground and the bird is in the air, some times you fall to your death.

9.  moving more than 30 stacks/items one by one from an inventory causes a lag stall (used to DC you)

Gosh I could really keep going...

4 minutes ago, Brayn said:

lol that's pretty easy sir.

1.  Dino's falling through ceilings on login/render.

2.  Platform Structures desyncing from the back of the dino, causing an infinite teleport loop if you step on them.

3.  The many 'dead zones' on scorched that guaranty you will DC if you fly over/through them.

4.  Character models that are too big or too small will cause armor to clip through them.

5.  Dinos on follow do not account for their own momentum, causing them to crash into you and pin you.  Still happens even on the highest follow settings.

6.  Babies and eggs falling through foundations/ceilings.

7.  Birds on neutral will fly to the ceiling if attacked by an insect or other wild flier.

8.  What happens when you DC while flying.  Sometimes you're on the ground next to your bird, sometimes you're on the ground and the bird is in the air, some times you fall to your death.

9.  moving more than 30 stacks/items one by one from an inventory causes a lag stall (used to DC you)

Gosh I could really keep going...

Keep going. 

8 minutes ago, LouSpowells said:

So if the devs talk about a bug it means it's fixed? Ooook

1)spawning in to the game being stuck inside foundations.

2)dismounting a tame only to end up stuck inside the dam thing, then having to remount and  dismount to reset the issue. 

3)whiping tames only for them to rubberband back to the position you whipped them at

4) duping. 

5)servers laggy and unplayable. 

6)enemies glitch in inside boats many different ways

7)when trying to tame wild dinos get no hit markers even when the server isn't lagging ad infinitum 

8)terrible map meshing to the point people can look inside bases without being inside them

9)spawning under the map

pawning under the map

1 minute ago, Ronson12 said:

So if the devs talk about a bug it means it's fixed? Ooook

1)spawning in to the game being stuck inside foundations.

2)dismounting a tame only to end up stuck inside the dam thing, then having to remount and  dismount to reset the issue. 

3)whiping tames only for them to rubberband back to the position you whipped them at

4) duping. 

5)servers laggy and unplayable. 

6)enemies glitch in inside boats many different ways

7)when trying to tame wild dinos get no hit markers even when the server isn't lagging ad infinitum 

8)terrible map meshing to the point people can look inside bases without being inside them

9)spawning under the map

pawning under the map

Keep them coming.

1 minute ago, LouSpowells said:

Keep going. 

NOTE:  some of these may not have been around since EA launched, but have been around since the feature was added or at least around for the past 8-12 months:

10.  Whips don't pick up every box all the time

11.  on xbox, my LB button gets 'stuck' some times.  It's not the controller and I can't reproduce it, but holding LB and then hitting a hotbar button should work, but 30% of the time it doesn't recognize the LB press until I open and close my inventory.  Very annoying if your spyglass is set to Y and you're on a flyer.

12.  Moschops does not get reduced weight like it should for polymer (probably everything else too I'd imagine)

13.  Dinos, wild, tamed or being bred, do not eat when they are hungry 100% of the time.  Readily apparent when you try to raw prime tame something and the food sits in the dino inventory for a full minute before it slowly starts to eat.

14.  Double clicking A to remove a piece of armor from your body has a chance to kick the item to the ground.  Many scuba tanks have been lost this way.

15.  There's a TON of places on the map that your dino can walk into but then be completely stuck.  The refurbed carno island cave is a glaring example. If you get a dino stuck in any of the stalagmites(tites)? on the ground level it will be forced to live there.

16.  Getting permastuck on an unconscious ptera, quetz or scorpion.

17.  Getting permastuck on a tamed scorpion.

18.  Argies getting pinned by alpha carnos.

19.  Dire Wolves pinning anything because they clip into you.

20.  A dino set to follow another dino that is across your base will somehow clip into and be stuck inside your base when you render in and out.  Only fix is to demo the structure or keep trying to render glitch it out of your structure.

21.  Fish swimming up and out of the water to their deaths... lookin at you Mantas I tamed and every wild ocean dino.

22.  Wild Tuso grab.

Keep going or we good bro?

6 minutes ago, Brayn said:

NOTE:  some of these may not have been around since EA launched, but have been around since the feature was added or at least around for the past 8-12 months:

11.  on xbox, my LB button gets 'stuck' some times.  It's not the controller and I can't reproduce it, but holding LB and then hitting a hotbar button should work, but 30% of the time it doesn't recognize the LB press until I open and close my inventory.  Very annoying if your spyglass is set to Y and you're on a flyer.

12.  Moschops does not get reduced weight like it should for polymer (probably everything else too I'd imagine)

13.  Dinos, wild, tamed or being bred, do not eat when they are hungry 100% of the time.  Readily apparent when you try to raw prime tame something and the food sits in the dino inventory for a full minute before it slowly starts to eat.

14.  Double clicking A to remove a piece of armor from your body has a chance to kick the item to the ground.  Many scuba tanks have been lost this way.

15.  There's a TON of places on the map that your dino can walk into but then be completely stuck.  The refurbed carno island cave is a glaring example. If you get a dino stuck in any of the stalagmites(tites)? on the ground level it will be forced to live there.

20.  A dino set to follow another dino that is across your base will somehow clip into and be stuck inside your base when you render in and out.  Only fix is to demo the structure or keep trying to render glitch it out of your structure.

21.  Fish swimming up and out of the water to their deaths... lookin at you Mantas I tamed and every wild ocean dino.

22.  Wild Tuso grab.

No don't keep going, let's port those bugs in to aberration and let's play it already God dam you, fixing game breaking  bugs is sooooo 2015!

Go take a look at what the Space Engineers dev's are doing.

That's how you engage with your community.

In fact, I've just uninstalled Ark again until I feel the dev's start to meaningfully engage. And the measuring stick I'm now holding them up against is the Keen team.

Yes Keen had a rough patch, but they've turned it around now. Here's hoping WC can do the same....

But probably not under the current leadership.

34 minutes ago, Brayn said:

22.  Wild Tuso grab.

Keep going. I want to see all of the grievances aired. 

I want to know which things must be fixed before unhappy Wildcard customers can start treating the developers like they are human beings again. I want to understand each reason that makes people think it's OK lie, throw tantrums, curse at and/or threaten violence to the devs. I want to know the reasons people are using to justify their emotional outbursts.

I'm curious to know these things because I'd like to understand the hatred. Thus far I've noticed that many of the issues you are mentioning are issues that I have observed as well....and I'm interested in reconciling our observations and reactions. Thus far I haven't really seen anything brought up that explains why some people are reacting rationally to the above listed problems, and why others are reacting as if Wildcard strangled their puppy. 

Mostly, I'm trying to figure out if Wildcard deserves the hate they are receiving. With all the hate and vitriol I was starting to wonder if I'm missing some major game breaking bugs that might justify the vile hatred being constantly throw at the people developing the game.

So yes...carry on listing the bugs...because I still have yet to see one that justifies treating the people developing this game as if they're third-class citizens.

Lol all this above mentioned bugs i thought they were fixed for the past year cause i gave up playing on official servers about year or so ago, i remember them well cause  every time i played on official always  did a little prayer before logging into the servers.

Aslo i truly dont want to talk about running a xbox one server nor playing on them cause i did before that previousr year.. ( that was a total nightmare between server crashes, bugs and corrupt save data files the resulted in total 2-3 weeks play time then server wipes )

But here is some good news for the past year or so i decided to run my own unofficial rented server in fact 2 of them.. and yes i do pay for it but 90% of the above mentioned bugs i dont get them on my servers especially lag.. cause if did i would know how to complain to and if its not fixed they wont have my business at all. 

I personally think that unofficial server are the way to experience Ark fully cause you have so much control over them in general ( there is no such thing foundation spamming everywhere)

But back to the hate part.. Honestly cmon guys lets take a step back and think  a bit obviously the Ark devs are doing their best cause its their job to do so for a game to be successful  obviously its not at  par with what we would like them to be at so question is where we go from here.. Move on or keep complaining and keep going as usual  ?

1. Reality is Studio Wild Card in the past 2+ year never once did they meet a deadline when they have set it them self ..

2. Reality is all those mention bugs above most of them still exist in the official/console servers..

No im not hating on the Wild Card its just im bit disappointed at their ways of doing things and the final product.

19 minutes ago, LouSpowells said:

I want to know which things must be fixed before unhappy Wildcard customers can start treating the developers like they are human beings again. I want to understand each reason that makes people think it's OK lie, throw tantrums, curse at and/or threaten violence to the devs. I want to know the reasons people are using to justify their emotional outbursts.

I'm curious to know these things because I'd like to understand how certain angry customers are justifying their outbursts. Thus far I've noticed that many of the issues you are mentioning are issues that I have observed as well....and I'm interested in reconciling our observations and reactions. Thus far I haven't really seen anything brought up that explains why some people are reacting rationally to the above listed problems, and why others are reacting as if Wildcard strangled their puppy. 

Mostly, I'm trying to figure out if Wildcard deserves the hate they are receiving. With all the hate and vitriol I was starting to wonder if I'm missing some major game breaking bugs that might justify the vile hatred being constantly throw at the people developing the game.

So yes...carry on listing the bugs...because I still have yet to see one that justifies treating the people developing this game as if their third-class citizens.

People started to give devs feedback and bug reports firstly. Then players noticed devs have hardly ever talk community directly on their own forum, because they simply do not reply to anyone here, unless there is big sh#tstorm going on. As time went we could see Wildcard was neglecting issues that were important to community such as bugs, lackluster support, pathetic communication... For a long time players were asking when those things are going to be addressed and improved. For example, during 2,5 years we have been asking for better communication and every time we got: "We talked about it between each other at studio and we hope to improve as soon as X, Y, Z is done" Guess what? Nothing happened. There is no willingness in them to improve communication. If they treated that thing seriously, it would have been solved long time ago, but apperently communication has the lowest priority in WC's Bosses point of view.

All hatred was caused by steadly growing frustration within community,  that Wildcard pretends to not notice, due to lackluster communication and questionable/bad project management,

23 minutes ago, Lewiatan said:

People started to give devs feedback and bug reports firstly. Then players noticed devs have hardly ever talk community directly on their own forum, because they simply do not reply to anyone here, unless there is big sh#tstorm going on. As time went we could see Wildcard was neglecting issues that were important to community such as bugs, lackluster support, pathetic communication... For a long time players were asking when those things are going to be addressed and improved. For example, during 2,5 years we have been asking for better communication and every time we got: "We talked about it between each other at studio and we hope to improve as soon as X, Y, Z is done" Guess what? Nothing happened. There is no willingness in them to improve communication. If they treated that thing seriously, it would have been solved long time ago, but apperently communication has the lowest priority in WC's Bosses point of view.

All hatred was caused by steadly growing frustration within community,  that Wildcard pretends to not notice, due to lackluster communication and questionable/bad project management,

I cannot argue the topic of communication any further with you because the premise of your argument is flawed. There is a difference between "no improvement" and "not perfect." Stating that Wildcard's communication hasn't gotten better in 2.5 years is categorically false. Stating that no attempt has been made to improve communication is categorically false. 

None of this justifies hatred and vitriol. It justifies losing faith in the developer. It justifies a decision to no longer provide monetary support to the developer. It justifies uninstalling the game. It justifies plenty...but it doesn't justify treating people like garbage. It just justifies ones own irrational nature.

1 hour ago, LouSpowells said:

I'm curious to know these things because I'd like to understand the hatred. Thus far I've noticed that many of the issues you are mentioning are issues that I have observed as well....and I'm interested in reconciling our observations and reactions. Thus far I haven't really seen anything brought up that explains why some people are reacting rationally to the above listed problems, and why others are reacting as if Wildcard strangled their puppy. 

So yes...carry on listing the bugs...because I still have yet to see one that justifies treating the people developing this game as if they're third-class citizens.

You keep changing the goal posts buddy, either way, we gave you the answers  you asked for, now you make it something it is not. I haven't threatened anyone, pretty sure no one in here has either. So using blanket statements to seem right is wrong... 

1 hour ago, LouSpowells said:

I think Wildcard have badly misunderstood hype and people are reacting like children would if you told them on the morning of the 25th of December that Christmas will be delayed.

Some people are managing their disappointment and others are throwing tantrums.

I have always been of the opinion that Wildcard don't really want people to play on the official servers. The more people who turn to unofficial, the less they have to spend on providing free servers for everyone to play on. From the discrepancy between the servers taken down and those put back up, I also suspect that WC has held back servers for Aberration. People are understandably frustrated by the state of officials and some people manage that frustration better than others.

Personally, I am disappointed in the lack of respect WC is showing their players.

It would have been nice to be told before the twitchcon streams that Aberration was being delayed rather than getting people's hopes up for a release date.

I am also a bit peeved that they put the season pass on a steam sale before Aberration even launched. That was like a slap in the face to all the people who had already paid money to support them.

Finally, on the charity stream, when they were calling for questions for Jessie to answer near the end, the mocking tone in which Cedric (I think the guys name was Cedric, sorry if I got that wrong) said "When is Aberration coming out" was completely out of line considering WC is giving us NO information about the release other than "soon".

That final straw has made me decide that WC does not respect its players and I will never again pay them for an unreleased product. I do not hate the devs, but I no longer trust Wildcard.

A lot of the problems people talk about are on Official servers. People cant have a server populated with 50+ people and a ton of dinos and structures and expect it to run well. Ark is not the only game with this issue! The more structures you have the more it lags. We used to have games where you had to go through a loading screen just to walk into a new area (example: Elder Scrolls: Oblivion) games are getting better with generating stuff in front of you as you walk into that area but its still not perfect, and in a game where you can build giant bases it will lag you. If you really want to play without lag join unofficial servers! There are tons of Official server with 2x rates and close to vanilla stats. One thing I don't get is when people complain they want higher rates on Official servers when they can go play on a server where it has those rates all the time and lags less and runs better. People act like there is no solution for them and that Official servers are the only place to play. As for console players the game is a PC game that was brought to console so you have to rework some stuff because its not easy to just port it over. Microsoft has its annoying certification process and does not allow games to be released on certain days of the week ect. The game is also huge! It takes up a little over 109GB on my PC and I'm still going to download Aberration when it drops. Xbox has barley any space on it and id want an Xbox just for Ark if I was going to play it on there (which id never do) and like someone said recently they are new to consoles and figuring it out. That all being said while it is frustrating the devs do this, the hate they get is aweful and people act so entitled in the forums and on twitter. People comment without knowing facts or really any filter. like screaming at them to finish Ragnorak when they are not even developing it! Same thing with the Center Map it was some fans who were working on a map and the devs liked it so much they made it an official map. If you have issues with it or want to know about the development ask the Ragnorak devs they have a discord. That all being said I do think they need to improve communication and work on not getting to out of hand with big goals that they cant deliver right away. In the end we are all human and no matter how mad something makes you its a video game and hating on people over a game in general is not ok nor is hating and bashing people at all no matter who it is.

13 minutes ago, Cirilla227 said:

A lot of the problems people talk about are on Official servers. People cant have a server populated with 50+ people and a ton of dinos and structures and expect it to run well. Ark is not the only game with this issue! The more structures you have the more it lags. We used to have games where you had to go through a loading screen just to walk into a new area (example: Elder Scrolls: Oblivion) games are getting better with generating stuff in front of you as you walk into that area but its still not perfect, and in a game where you can build giant bases it will lag you. If you really want to play without lag join unofficial servers! There are tons of Official server with 2x rates and close to vanilla stats. One thing I don't get is when people complain they want higher rates on Official servers when they can go play on a server where it has those rates all the time and lags less and runs better. People act like there is no solution for them and that Official servers are the only place to play. As for console players the game is a PC game that was brought to console so you have to rework some stuff because its not easy to just port it over. Microsoft has its annoying certification process and does not allow games to be released on certain days of the week ect. The game is also huge! It takes up a little over 109GB on my PC and I'm still going to download Aberration when it drops. Xbox has barley any space on it and id want an Xbox just for Ark if I was going to play it on there (which id never do) and like someone said recently they are new to consoles and figuring it out. That all being said while it is frustrating the devs do this, the hate they get is aweful and people act so entitled in the forums and on twitter. People comment without knowing facts or really any filter. like screaming at them to finish Ragnorak when they are not even developing it! Same thing with the Center Map it was some fans who were working on a map and the devs liked it so much they made it an official map. If you have issues with it or want to know about the development ask the Ragnorak devs they have a discord. That all being said I do think they need to improve communication and work on not getting to out of hand with big goals that they cant deliver right away. In the end we are all human and no matter how mad something makes you its a video game and hating on people over a game in general is not ok nor is hating and bashing people at all no matter who it is.

Structures do not make you rubberband and teleport backwards in time across the map to where your character was 60 seconds ago or force you to open doors twice. I've been gaming since before the inception of online  gaming, I was playing  lan before you could even play online and in all that time ark is THE worst game for lagging I have ever encountered. I am not exaggerating at all and no it's not my Internet, or my isp or my router or my dog or my kid,  It's ark. 

14 players or 53 players, it make no difference. I've also noticed recently any time someone joins the ark the game goes to crap.. 

A lot of the 'Hate' as you call it is comming because a lot of the time wildcard themselves give information which proves wrong like release dates, etc. They have also gone from early acess which gives them a lot of leeway to charging a comparable price to AAA games but not backing the PRODUCT with meeting their own deadlines or the quality and optomisation of a game expected of this price range. End of the day, this is a consumer market and you cant have the 'safe space' and margin for error of an early acess game, then charge the peice for a polished, top end game. People enjoy it, yes, its a good game with a hell of a lot of potential that people can spend 1000's of hours and invest a lot of time into. Is it a polished, bug free, well optomised game that meets critical and advertised deadlines?...no. End of the day you cant have your cake and eat it too.

Archived