pve Rex stats for boss killing

CrazyBear123

4 minutes ago, aldiator said:

some1 killed the hard ape on island yet? what rexes stats should be the minimum? im thinking about 30k hp + 600+ dmg + 80 armor saddle should do it

That's what we use, with 4 or so riders and a yuty we take maximum 10k damage. And we only bring like 15 rexes as well.

Make sure to lure the monkey out to the spawn area with the yuty instead of bringing rexes to its arena: they can fall off the right of the bridge very easily. You do not want you rexes to fall there.

1 hour ago, aldiator said:

did somebody already kill the dragon on easy on PVE new? any suggestions on how to do it?

Just did alpha. Bring pump shotguns for everyone, highest damage possible and 300 shells each. Ride a deer for each person. Get one of you to go right under the dragons belly: it should be unable to hit you and be distracted. 

When dimorphs spawn, ignore the dragon and kill all the minions that spawn with the deer antlers. If you fail to do so the dragon will respawn some later on and they pile up. 

Bring all the stews, custom foods and meds you can think of, plus 3 sets of mc flak at least; dimos and fireballs do a lot of armor damage. Bring loads of veggie cakes for the deer.

We were 8 people, with 2 of us on rexes for dimorph and ptera killing. The minions show up as lv 140, but make no mistake, I have a suspicion the have boosted stats as they took a lot of rex bites to kill. We lost all of the rexes however due to the dragon being hellbent on targeting the largest target first; it was ignoring anything but the rex, so id suggest everyone just use deer.

Side note, i rock 660 hp, and with ~1400 armor it takes a flame plus 3 bites for the alpha dragon to kill me, so it's definitely not eithin oneshot territory if you have a normal amount of hp. Fireball breaks armor quickly but with good armor you should take little to no damage yourself.

• Volunteer Moderator
3 minutes ago, Wazzamaniac said:

its because legacy had glitched stats with impossibly powerful rexes that werent obtained legitimately... you only need someone to get one rex like that for its stats to porpagate to the full cluster

I agree and disagree at the same time. True that there was and still is a lot of stats that were obtained taming wild babies or OP bears on the first few hours of Ragnarok but, tamed stats on officials are, as far as I know, capped at 62 pts which is not impossible to breed legitimately. Just takes months of hard work, but still doable. :)

2 hours ago, invincibleqc said:

I agree and disagree at the same time. True that there was and still is a lot of stats that were obtained taming wild babies or OP bears on the first few hours of Ragnarok but, tamed stats on officials are, as far as I know, capped at 62 pts which is not impossible to breed legitimately. Just takes months of hard work, but still doable. :)

what about the 637% melee rexes?

• Volunteer Moderator
6 hours ago, Wazzamaniac said:

what about the 637% melee rexes?

I'm sure these have mixed blood, but they could certainly be legit. I myself was almost there with my Therizs. I stopped mass mutating them at 590.4% melee which is only 4 mutations short (approx 1,160 eggs to drop) to reach 637.4%. I explained how I was mass-mutating in the thread I linked above and I can guarantee you that they are 100% legit and I have all the single mutated stat to prove it (414% with 0 marker, 425.7 with 1, 437.5 with 2, 449.2 with 3, etc. til 590.4 with 15/40 markers). There is no real way to know which stats are legit, if there was, I'm pretty sure the devs would have cleaned the mess instead of creating a new cluster. But take in example the 345% melee Giga traded around, they only have 1 marker on each side for guaranteed which tells me they are definitely from wild babies taming. :)

• 7 months later...

Broodmother Alpha Kill.  Make sure dinos are at full hp!!!

19 REXES- 14650 hp 461 melee at birth. 87-116 range of armor on saddles.

1 Yuty- Stats dont matter just stay out of the melee and buff rexes with "c" buttton roar. 

Whistle attack the giant spider and win. Bring HP potions.

Megapith Alpha Kill.

Same as Brood. Kite boss to the beginning area keep rexes passive until boss is in good position. Bring HP potions.

ISLAND DRAGON AKA THE MEGA BITCH!!-

You really have to pull out all the big guns for this fight. You need flak w/ backup pairs, all 400 armor+, pump action shotties 250%dam+ w/ scopes, Mind wipe and put a bunch of points in hp stam ,fortitude and just enough weight to hold your ammo and armor without speed reduction. 

The dragon area is HOT!!!- Bring calien soup!!. Water/ food, hp potions, a few lvls in fortitude helps alot. Shadow Steak Saute. Pop potions periodically to keep HP at MAX!!

Rexes are not optimal for this fight, the dragon does an aoe fire breath attack that just booty stomps rexes into the dust. We usually bring 3-4 just to help clean up adds swarming yuty and tank fireballs during air phase. Expect these rexes to die throughout the fight. Pick up saddles if you survive.

1-2 Yuty. I like 1. The yuty is the most difficult position to fufill during the fight. The yuty driver pulls alot of aggro from spawned fliers. Wild Dimorphs and ptras(not confirmed ptras) can damage your character directly on your mount. When the fliers spawn, hide under your rexes and buff them to help them chomp the pesky adds. Keeping the entire raid buffed is difficult because everything likes to spread out and run about, especially durring air phase. Make sure you are present when the dragon lands to buff the attackers. If the dragon is looking at you face him away from the raid and slowly spin him so the damage gets spread evenly over your dinos. 

Use 6-10 therizinos with 21 k hp 700+melee with their inventories packed with sweet veggie cakes to heal during fight. Herbivores take less fire aoe damage. Pull them back to heal if a deer player has aggro and they are hurting. 

10 players recommended. Players should ride 1-2 daodon the rest on megaloceros (the reindeer/take less fire damage and male deer are great at killing adds with horn swiping leftclick) all with great stats/saddles. A megaloceros rider can wedge themselves under the dragon with a asc sniper or pump action and keep aggro for a long time/ occasionally dodge melee. Keep dragon faced away from bulk of your attackers. Swap the main tank out occasionally to recieve healing from the daodon.

Players should shoot the dragon the entire time with shotguns. Avoid shooting wild fliers in crossfire as this will cause them to directly attack your player instead of your mount.

Players should bring every precaution possible for this fight.

The Island Dragon is a thousand times more difficult than the Ragnarok Alpha Dragon!!!! If you are just looking for the tek engrams go to the ragnarok arena and suicide zerg the dragon with any expendable yet solid boss dinos. You will put down the dragon for sure and get the engrams, but unless you have a great team the manticore will time you out (no problem tho if you are just suiciding to kill the dragon to get the engrams which you keep after wiping to manticore -who just gives you the megapithicus and spider tek engrams u can get easily on island.) Rag arena involves some positioning strategy and a player who knows how to tank/kite the golems away from the party. Do not go in there without a good guide, or without watching a few videos if you want to down it.

Good luck and happy hunting! Contact me if you want a run through the Island bosses. No dinos or equipment necessary for Monkey or Spider Boss. Must have proper equipment/ personally imprinted dinos for dragon. We do Beta Rockwell (Rockdrakes) and Tek Cave (Rexes) too. Must have 100% personally imprinted dinos for those fights. Same player gear reqs as dragon. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Archived