pve Rex stats for boss killing

CrazyBear123

Hi guys,

We are planning to go for medium Ragnarok Arena and I want to know what HP and DMG I need for my rexes also we have 122.2 rex saddles also we are 2 in a tribe.And is Yutyrannus stats are important or not?! I didn't play much on the official servers so I don't know much about normal stats!!

Also, I am wondering if rex saddle armor works even when we are not riding the rexes or not?!

Some part of info i can give.

- Of course rex saddles work even when not mounted.

- Yuty stats are not important as far as I can say. That only means that Stamina for the buff is needed but is easy achived by putting just small points into stam as stam stat raises fast. Rest goes into HP. Dependend on the boss you will try to stay away from dmg with yutty and just giving the buff, as if yuty dies also the 25% bonus will be gone and is not worth risking small extra dmg attacking with yuty. = push some stam, rest into HP to stay alive for buff.

- For the Rexes i suggest using dododex and checking the points of the stats. Everything above 50 points should be fine. 60 points are nice. As far as I know dmg 414 is max as a base stat which is about 63 points into dmg.

6 minutes ago, bronxxx said:

Some part of info i can give.

- Of course rex saddles work even when not mounted.

- Yuty stats are not important as far as I can say. That only means that Stamina for the buff is needed but is easy achived by putting just small points into stam as stam stat raises fast. Rest goes into HP. Dependend on the boss you will try to stay away from dmg with yutty and just giving the buff, as if yuty dies also the 25% bonus will be gone and is not worth risking small extra dmg attacking with yuty. = push some stam, rest into HP to stay alive for buff.

- For the Rexes i suggest using dododex and checking the points of the stats. Everything above 50 points should be fine. 60 points are nice. As far as I know dmg 414 is max as a base stat which is about 63 points into dmg.

tnx man

When we started out on ragnarok we did The Easy boss with tamed Rexes, and a few bred ones i believe, It Was First Gen so stats where like 7-8k hp 330 melee.

We were riding the rexes with 10 man so it was a lot easier to do more damage and control the rexes.

With only 2 people its gonna be a little harder 

What we did is Level the rexes to 25kHP and the rest melee hope it works for you

On 11/13/2017 at 3:39 PM, Tubsie said:

When we started out on ragnarok we did The Easy boss with tamed Rexes, and a few bred ones i believe, It Was First Gen so stats where like 7-8k hp 330 melee.

We were riding the rexes with 10 man so it was a lot easier to do more damage and control the rexes.

With only 2 people its gonna be a little harder 

What we did is Level the rexes to 25kHP and the rest melee hope it works for you

Did u do the ragnarok arena too? i want to start with that one bcs im playing on ragnarook server!

Easy and medium Rex STATS that are proven in combat: HEALTH-30k all additional points in MELEE and you should have 10 (6 min) Rex's, no need for a Yuty.
Hard STATS: HEALTH-40k all additional points in MELEE and 10+ Rex's, still no bed for a Yuty.
All set to attack target with the hopes of getting Manticore first, the bodies don't de-spawn and you cannot eat them, so it has happened that some Rex's get stuck under them for rest of match. Stay on target and forget about whatever is attacking you. You must encircle and trap each boss until dead. If they get free just keep moving so not to be trapped by Rock Elementals.
Don't forget Medical Brews, water and stimulants in case you get poisoned by Manticore or caught on fire by Dragon. You only need to do hard once.
Get to farming medium lvl for element.

47 minutes ago, dslick said:

anyone know why some times the manticore won't land?  last time I tried ragnarok boss on easy, 40 minutes expired due to manticore not landing :/

some days i kill them both within 5 minutes, the other days i kill dragon and RIP to timer.

I guess people use assault rifle to shot it when it's not landing!

20 hours ago, dslick said:

anyone know why some times the manticore won't land?  last time I tried ragnarok boss on easy, 40 minutes expired due to manticore not landing

some days i kill them both within 5 minutes, the other days i kill dragon and RIP to timer.

From what I've been told, it's because it can't find a spot to land, or can't choose a target to aggro on. So it pingpongs around between targets. Try grouping together and holding relatively still to let it figure it out (without, of course, getting shot by it or the dragon) and avoid having a solitary rex in a corner that might grab it's aggro or it could fly back and forth from the rex to your group.

That's what I heard, but it kinda makes sense.

2 hours ago, Wazzamaniac said:

From what I've been told, it's because it can't find a spot to land, or can't choose a target to aggro on. So it pingpongs around between targets. Try grouping together and holding relatively still to let it figure it out (without, of course, getting shot by it or the dragon) and avoid having a solitary rex in a corner that might grab it's aggro or it could fly back and forth from the rex to your group.

That's what I heard, but it kinda makes sense.

I think that is the problem as well.  On Alpha Manticore we failed due to not landing the Manticore enough times.  We had 10 riders spread out across the arena and I suspect it could not find a place to land.  Last night with few riders who stayed more clumped together the Manticore found a place to land and we bum rushed it several times.

true, it also looks like a landing issue as the terrain is uneven so when it tries to land it pops immediately back up, just like how it is hard for fast flyers to land (ie wyvern). 

well for the record, the strategy of running around to "give it space" to land did not work (thought with all the dinos and golems, there was no spot for landing). will try sitting and getting stuck on golems next time. perhaps there is a better spot to fight the manticore other than the center of the field? 

also don't forget that cart to the left where you can get stuck.

• 2 weeks later...

Well it depends which boss you are doing.

For Hard Broodmother:

- 10 Players

- 10 Megatheriums (Good Tames with high HP, dmg  is less important because they get the dmg buff)

- 1 Yuti

- 3 Allos (The Alpha Allo bite attack does insane dmg to the broodmother)

Takes arround  4 Minutes to kill the broodmother

For Hard Monkey:

- 10 Players

- 10 Rexes (All at 30K HP, 700+ Dmg)

- 1 Yuti

- 2 Pigs

For Hard Dragon:

- 10 Players with good Pumpactions (250%+ dmg and 300 Shots per player)

- 4 Direbears (Good saddle 80+ Armor and 15K+ HP)

-  The Bears have to bring the Dragon in posiotn and everyone with the pumpaction keeps on shooting the dragon no matter what just keep shooting

On November 26, 2017 at 4:38 AM, chaosgnom82 said:

Well it depends which boss you are doing.

For Hard Broodmother:

- 10 Players

- 10 Megatheriums (Good Tames with high HP, dmg  is less important because they get the dmg buff)

- 1 Yuti

- 3 Allos (The Alpha Allo bite attack does insane dmg to the broodmother)

Takes arround  4 Minutes to kill the broodmother

For Hard Monkey:

- 10 Players

- 10 Rexes (All at 30K HP, 700+ Dmg)

- 1 Yuti

- 2 Pigs

For Hard Dragon:

- 10 Players with good Pumpactions (250%+ dmg and 300 Shots per player)

- 4 Direbears (Good saddle 80+ Armor and 15K+ HP)

-  The Bears have to bring the Dragon in posiotn and everyone with the pumpaction keeps on shooting the dragon no matter what just keep shooting

Wait what? Allo bleed shouldnt work on bosses... As for megapithecus, we use a yuty, 15 rexes with 25-30k hp 570-640 dmg. We lose max 10k hp without a full rider crew.

As for dragon, what do you plan against the dimorphs? Do the bears have a good enough aoe? Can they eat veg cakes?

Maybe off-topic but i could help others.

My brother and i did the medium ape and spider on new PVE Official Island last week with 19 Rexes and 1 Yuty. Rex Stats after leveling up were: 30k Hp + 500 Dmg with 50 Armor Saddles. The rexes lost about 10k Hp (Ape) and 10-15k (Spider)

Maybe that helps somebody who is not really sure if his rexes can do it.

yeah just on the topic of other bosses not so much the manticore but in general 30k+ hp and rest melle on rexs is a good base and as for yutys it was said above that yeah most points want to go into hp, some stam, depending on how many riders you have and which boss your looking at a range of 3-4k stam is good which allows the yuty to move around and still take some bites if swarmed by adds or whatever without leaving you with 0 stam the moment you have to defend yourself, again this mainly comes in when you only have 2 riders in the fight as the yuty rider will have to me more aware and ready to multitask to clear adds or run away rather then just call an extra rider to your aid

Archived