FlameBlade

Any way to move a game from Xbox to a server

4 hours ago, FlameBlade said:

I have a single player game on my Xbox which I have played with my wife in split screen. Now I have my Nitrado server, and in anticipation of the upcoming Play Anywhere release, I was wondering if there is any possible way to retrieve the gamedata from the Xbox and upload it to the server?

The only saves that are available for transfer, are legacy official PvE.

You can’t transfer other saves, but you can transfer your character, dinos, and items through the obelisk as you would on official, however make sure your Nitrado isn’t in a cluster as this isolates all transfers within.

20 hours ago, DJRone89 said:

The only saves that are available for transfer, are legacy official PvE.

You can’t transfer other saves, but you can transfer your character, dinos, and items through the obelisk as you would on official, however make sure your Nitrado isn’t in a cluster as this isolates all transfers within.

Dang it. I was hoping for some possible method of doing this. It would only make sense (at least I think so), and would even possibly generate more sales. 

Current situation: I share a single copy of the game with my wife, as we are playing together on a single-player game with split-screen. 

Improved situation: I rent a server, move the single-player game to the server and purchase another copy for my wife (when PlayAnywhere hits). Everybody benefits.

21 hours ago, FlameBlade said:

Dang it. I was hoping for some possible method of doing this. It would only make sense (at least I think so), and would even possibly generate more sales. 

Current situation: I share a single copy of the game with my wife, as we are playing together on a single-player game with split-screen. 

Improved situation: I rent a server, move the single-player game to the server and purchase another copy for my wife (when PlayAnywhere hits). Everybody benefits.

To be honest, with the amount of customisation you have with a PC unofficial (Nitrado in this case), you may just want to start fresh anyway.

Take the hit, I know it’s not easy at first, and hosting on Xbox I’ve grown accustomed to it, but it’s worth it for what you can do.