Officially killed Beta and Alpha Dragon on Official

ThzNutz

• Volunteer Moderator
41 minutes ago, Olivar said:

Our best attempt so far is 5 losses,

gratz -- think we had 4-5 for the 2 practice fights. 

as you well know each fight is different and anything can happen. as long as the players live and we get the saddles the theriz are pretty much expendable. that said, i have kinda grown attached to our pink death squad a lil, they are troop:). my outlook towards them being expendable may change some once we are using a little better theriz and they are all personally imprinted.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, ThzNutz said:

gratz -- think we had 4-5 for the 2 practice fights. 

as you well know each fight is different and anything can happen. as long as the players live and we get the saddles the theriz are pretty much expendable. that said, i have kinda grown attached to our pink death squad a lil, they are troop:). my outlook towards them being expendable may change some once we are using a little better theriz and they are all personally imprinted.

Same feeling here :D
We hate loosing one of the chickens as well, simply cause we're so attached to them.
They even have 24 unique names :D

• Volunteer Moderator
1 minute ago, Olivar said:

They even have 24 unique names :D

LadyofHats tribe hatched and raised and imprinted ours, and the first batch all have "P" names -- Pimur, Pest Paco, PamPam, PrivatePirate to name just a few. PamPam is our favorite tho, she always got picked in practice by the guards -- she stays home now lol

11 minutes ago, ThzNutz said:

LadyofHats tribe hatched and raised and imprinted ours, and the first batch all have "P" names -- Pimur, Pest Paco, PamPam, PrivatePirate to name just a few. PamPam is our favorite tho, she always got picked in practice by the guards -- she stays home now lol

I wonder if she was responsible for this as well:

15 hours ago, ThzNutz said:

please record that...took a horse named Banana accidentally on a practice run...and she livedxD

Alpha tribe on my cross ARK did it just this weekend with deer, shotguns and Rex. They basically sacrifice the Rex's and run around shooting the Dragon.

Did your group consider using the pump shotguns? as it seems they put out more DPS.

• Volunteer Moderator
25 minutes ago, Sacred Demon said:

Did your group consider using the pump shotguns? as it seems they put out more DPS.

shotguns cause more damage per shot but that doesn't equal higher damage per second. shotgun takes over 2 seconds longer to reload (4.3 VS Ar 2.18) and holds only 6 shots. an Ar holds 50 shots and takes maybe 8 seconds to fire all 50, shotgun takes at least that long for the 6. last few practice runs we had hit markers on, Ar was getting 66 damage per shot. eat shadow steak to get rid of recoil, put all 50 on him, thats 3300 damage every 10 seconds or so (8ish seconds to fire, 2.18 to reload). range is also superior --  you can maintain accuracy from the other side of the map if you choose. ammo is dirt cheap as well. we used a 285 Ar bp crafted with 1000%+ crafting character.

some shooters were carrying shot guns, including myself...ya know, for close encountersxD

• Volunteer Moderator
48 minutes ago, ThzNutz said:

Hey, there is 2 mutations missing; 13,920.1! B|

19 minutes ago, Tavi said:

Never new herbs took less damage

v252.7
* Herbivores now have 55% damage reduction from explosives and 62.5% damage reduction vs fire (due to their thick hides).

So instead of 20% of their total health, they should only lose 7.5% (assuming it also affect the initial blast and not just the burning ticking damage). Tho there is been debate about if it was considered for the dragon, some says it does and others says the 20% is hard-coded but I don't know. Maybe someone that made extensive testing could brings data. From what I did read about that, people are just spreading rumors from what they believe and are not providing evidences to back their claims.

1 hour ago, invincibleqc said:

Hey, there is 2 mutations missing; 13,920.1! B|

So instead of 20% of their total health, they should only lose 7.5% (assuming it also affect the initial blast and not just the burning ticking damage). Tho there is been debate about if it was considered for the dragon, some says it does and others says the 20% is hard-coded but I don't know. Maybe someone that made extensive testing could brings data. From what I did read about that, people are just spreading rumors from what they believe and are not providing evidences to back their claims.

Pretty sure there was a few extra updates to this damage modifier. Think brontos take full damage from explosions for example. I'll do a test tonight, because technically speaking if the 20% health loss is affected by damage reduction by fire, then it should also be affected by imprint damage reduction too, which as far I as I've been able to see it isn't.

• Volunteer Moderator
8 minutes ago, Racidon said:

Pretty sure there was a few extra updates to this damage modifier. Think brontos take full damage from explosions for example. I'll do a test tonight, because technically speaking if the 20% health loss is affected by damage reduction by fire, then it should also be affected by imprint damage reduction too, which as far I as I've been able to see it isn't.

Yes, explosion has been adjusted to 40% but fire didn't change. At least, not in patch notes but maybe silently nerfed, who knows.

2 hours ago, RevenantSorrow said:

We were gonna run the dragon with rexs, is there an sever advantage to using Theriz over rexs? Just curious so we don't lose house of breeding and imprinting only to watch them all die

They take less damage from the fire breath & can use veggie cakes, if you go with Rex's you'll start seeing a screen of death messages halfway-through :D

1 hour ago, SinWeaver said:

This on legacy?

Helena (Therizinosaur, Lvl 308): HP: 13920.1 (75); St: 1140 (28); Ox: 600 (30); Fo: 12600 (32); We: 576.7 (29); Dm: 590.4% (79); Sp: 100% (34); To: 17964 (307);

That is some pretty insane stats for official...

It is :D Just come over to PVE 423 and look for yourself

• Volunteer Moderator
3 hours ago, SinWeaver said:

This on legacy?

Helena (Therizinosaur, Lvl 308): HP: 13920.1 (75); St: 1140 (28); Ox: 600 (30); Fo: 12600 (32); We: 576.7 (29); Dm: 590.4% (79); Sp: 100% (34); To: 17964 (307);

That is some pretty insane stats for official...

Started from 414% melee and 9,744.1 hp wild stats. Got the first mutation on May 6th and the last one on September 4th for a total of 12 hp mutations and 15 melee in 4 months. The goal used to reach 20 markers for both stats but I gave up after the legacy-wipe-no-wipe and they took dust for a bit over a month and then I tried combining them to finally give eggs away for everyone; cause why not. It was quite a lot of work as I was rolling with hundreds of females and was dropping eggs every 2 days. The long part was not really to "get" the mutation, but to actually raise the new one during 5 days in order to continue the progression so I was alternating. When I had a new hp growing, I was rolling for a new melee and vice versa.

For those interested in mass mutating, this is very simple. Every egg you have 7.5% chance to get a new mutation (3 rolls of 2.5% each). Then, since you have 7 stats (or 6 for flyers) that can mutate, you have 0.53% chance to get a mutation into a specific stat. Then assuming you are not inbreeding nor duplicating markers and are always mating a mutated male with clean females you have 55% chance of it being the strongest stat of both parent so 0.29% chance meaning that every 290 eggs you will mutate the stat you are looking for (mathematically, can be less or more; random after all). Then if your male has over 20 markers, you will have 50% chance of a new mutation to fail if tied to that parent so it will take twice as more rolls to mutate.

In short; get yourself as many clean females as you can (100 is a good number to starts with) and never combine your mutated stats to keep the markers lower than 20 the longer you can.

Here some screenshots, for nostalgia:

A day worth of eggs...

04E2F201D92F879760FBFFA10CA944D11915B87B

Part of my females and some random colors in the background...

51D153A1DD1C4FEB87D101C3E00C8E8F45F0554A

All the unwanted... started to be costly in shotgun rounds...

7D11350B2050B08F825F67505E00D310D24E1DC0

So I started :Stamina:them instead (I still have fridges full of cooked prime... lol)...

94A115FBCDBB1BC69A306FF9682159758FE14AC9

More females, cause the more eggs the better...

C0A94CEEB99B91CAD6149E9C58F773E954575DA5

In conclusion, getting good stats on officials is more than possible with some work and dedication/obsession! :Melee_Damage:

Archived