Officially killed Beta and Alpha Dragon on Official

ThzNutz

Also,

this is the actual configurations we use, minus the administration configuration for the server obviously.
We have increased our rates quite a bit to mass-produce items and dinosaurs to test theories, so only use these settings if you want to have quick access to dinosaurs for testing purposes:

Game.ini

[/Script/ShooterGame.ShooterGameMode]
bUseSingleplayerSettings=False
bPassiveDefensesDamageRiderlessDinos=True
bIncreasePvPRespawnInterval=True
ResourceNoReplenishRadiusPlayers=0.300000
ResourceNoReplenishRadiusStructures=0.300000
MatingIntervalMultiplier=0.003000
EggHatchSpeedMultiplier=100.000000
BabyMatureSpeedMultiplier=100.000000
BabyCuddleIntervalMultiplier=0.050000
bAutoPvETimer=False
bUseCorpseLocator=True
bAllowPlatformSaddleMultiFloors=True
bAllowUnlimitedRespecs=True
bDisableStructurePlacementCollision=True
SupplyCrateLootQualityMultiplier=5.0
FishingLootQualityMultiplier=5.0
bDisableFriendlyFire=True

GameUserSettings.ini

[ServerSettings]
DifficultyOffset=1.000000
OverrideOfficialDifficulty=5.000000
ClampResourceHarvestDamage=False
AllowAnyoneBabyImprintCuddle=True
AllowThirdPersonPlayer=True
ShowFloatingDamageText=True
AllowHitMarkers=True
XPMultiplier=2.000000
TamingSpeedMultiplier=10.000000
HarvestAmountMultiplier=2.000000
PerPlatformMaxStructuresMultiplier=2.000000
MaxPlatformSaddleStructureLimit=360
AllowRaidDinoFeeding=False
NoTributeDownloads=False
PreventDownloadItems=False
PreventDownloadDinos=False
PreventDownloadSurvivors=False
PreventUploadItems=False
PreventUploadDinos=False
PreventUploadSurvivors=False
PreventOfflinePvP=True
PreventOfflinePvPInterval=900
PreventTribeAlliances=False
PreventDiseases=False
TributeItemExpirationSeconds=31449600
TributeDinoExpirationSeconds=31449600
TributeCharacterExpirationSeconds=31449600
NonPermanentDiseases=False
ServerCrosshair=True
AlwaysNotifyPlayerLeft=True
DontAlwaysNotifyPlayerJoined=False
ShowMapPlayerLocation=True
TheMaxStructuresInRange=10500.000000
OxygenSwimSpeedStatMultiplier=1.000000
StructurePreventResourceRadiusMultiplier=1.000000
RaidDinoCharacterFoodDrainMultiplier=1.000000
PvEDinoDecayPeriodMultiplier=1.000000
KickIdlePlayersPeriod=3600.000000
AutoSavePeriodMinutes=30.000000
ListenServerTetherDistanceMultiplier=1.000000
MaxTamedDinos=5000.000000
AllowFlyerCarryPVE=True
AllowCaveBuildingPvE=False
BanListURL=https:
AdminLogging=False
ServerPassword=
ServerAdminPassword=******************
RCONEnabled=True
RCONPort=*******
RCONServerGameLogBuffer=600.000000

[/Script/ShooterGame.ShooterGameUserSettings]
MasterAudioVolume=1.000000
MusicAudioVolume=1.000000
SFXAudioVolume=1.000000
VoiceAudioVolume=1.000000
UIScaling=1.000000
UIQuickbarScaling=0.650000
CameraShakeScale=0.650000
bFirstPersonRiding=False
bThirdPersonPlayer=False
bShowStatusNotificationMessages=True
TrueSkyQuality=0.700000
FOVMultiplier=1.000000
GroundClutterDensity=1.000000
bFilmGrain=False
bMotionBlur=False
bUseDistanceFieldAmbientOcclusion=False
bUseSSAO=True
bShowChatBox=True
bCameraViewBob=True
bInvertLookY=False
bFloatingNames=True
bChatBubbles=True
bHideServerInfo=False
bJoinNotifications=False
bCraftablesShowAllItems=False
bLocalInventoryItemsShowAllItems=False
bLocalInventoryCraftingShowAllItems=True
bRemoteInventoryItemsShowAllItems=False
bRemoteInventoryCraftingShowAllItems=False
bRemoteInventoryShowEngrams=True
LookLeftRightSensitivity=1.000000
LookUpDownSensitivity=1.000000
GraphicsQuality=1
ActiveLingeringWorldTiles=7
ClientNetQuality=3
LastServerSearchType=0
LastServerSort=2
LastPVESearchType=-1
LastDLCTypeSearchType=-1
LastServerSortAsc=True
LastAutoFavorite=True
LastServerSearchHideFull=False
LastServerSearchProtected=False
HideItemTextOverlay=True
bQuickToggleItemNames=True
bDistanceFieldShadowing=True
LODScalar=1.000000
bToggleToTalk=False
HighQualityMaterials=True
HighQualitySurfaces=True
bTemperatureF=False
bDisableTorporEffect=False
bChatShowSteamName=False
bChatShowTribeName=True
EmoteKeyBind1=0
EmoteKeyBind2=0
bNoBloodEffects=False
bLowQualityVFX=False
bSpectatorManualFloatingNames=False
bSuppressAdminIcon=False
bUseSimpleDistanceMovement=False
bDisableMeleeCameraSwingAnims=False
bHighQualityAnisotropicFiltering=False
bUseLowQualityLevelStreaming=True
bPreventInventoryOpeningSounds=False
bPreventItemCraftingSounds=False
bPreventHitMarkers=False
bPreventCrosshair=False
bPreventColorizedItemNames=False
bHighQualityLODs=False
bExtraLevelStreamingDistance=False
bEnableColorGrading=True
DOFSettingInterpTime=0.000000
bDisableBloom=False
bDisableLightShafts=False
LastJoinedSessionPerCategory=" "
bDisableMenuTransitions=False
bEnableInventoryItemTooltips=True
bRemoteInventoryShowCraftables=False
bNoTooltipDelay=False
LocalItemSortType=0
LocalCraftingSortType=0
RemoteItemSortType=0
RemoteCraftingSortType=0
VersionMetaTag=1
ShowExplorerNoteSubtitles=False
DisableMenuMusic=False
DisableDefaultCharacterItems=False
bHideFloatingPlayerNames=False
bHideGamepadItemSelectionModifier=False
PlayActionWheelClickSound=True
MaxAscensionLevel=0
bHostSessionHasBeenOpened=False
bForceTPVCameraOffset=False
bDisableTPVCameraInterpolation=False
Gamma1=2.200000
Gamma2=3.000000
bEnableHDROutput=False
bUseVSync=False
MacroCtrl0=
MacroCtrl1=
MacroCtrl2=
MacroCtrl3=
MacroCtrl4=
MacroCtrl5=
MacroCtrl6=
MacroCtrl7=
MacroCtrl8=
MacroCtrl9=
ResolutionSizeX=1280
ResolutionSizeY=720
LastUserConfirmedResolutionSizeX=1280
LastUserConfirmedResolutionSizeY=720
WindowPosX=-1
WindowPosY=-1
bUseDesktopResolutionForFullscreen=False
FullscreenMode=2
LastConfirmedFullscreenMode=2
Version=5

[ScalabilityGroups]
sg.ResolutionQuality=100
sg.ViewDistanceQuality=3
sg.AntiAliasingQuality=3
sg.ShadowQuality=3
sg.PostProcessQuality=3
sg.TextureQuality=3
sg.EffectsQuality=3
sg.TrueSkyQuality=3
sg.GroundClutterQuality=3
sg.IBLQuality=1
sg.HeightFieldShadowQuality=3
sg.GroundClutterRadius=10000

[MessageOfTheDay]
Message=Welcome to The Lagoverse!
Duration=15

[SessionSettings]
SessionName=The Lagoverse [PvP][RP]

[/Script/Engine.GameSession]
MaxPlayers=10

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Feel like there is a huge strat difference when you are comparing private/legacy with new official. Most people on official will never even have 3-4k eggs to hatch in total over ark career. Official is at 400 melee max on most boss dinos and 10-12k hp max as base stats. Meanwhile some of yall are talking about doing boss fights with 550-650 melee and 15k+. With imprint your dinos are nearly twice as strong as official's best. 

• Volunteer Moderator
4 minutes ago, Olivar said:

produced the exact same Therizinosaurs on his official server.

the theriz we practiced with the last 7-10 days were the exact same ones we took to the fight thanks to Official saves being released :) 

ours wasnt 100% official config -- had spawn animations off and -allowunlimitedrespec  checked, which then didnt work anyways lol.

Just now, Toqs said:

Feel like there is a huge strat difference when you are comparing private with official/legacy. Most people on official will never even have 3-4k eggs to hatch in total over ark career. Official is at 400 melee max on most boss dinos and 10-12k hp max as base stats. Meanwhile some of yall are talking about doing boss fights with 550-650 melee and 15k+. With imprint your dinos are nearly twice as strong as official's best. 

Are you talking about caught dinos, or dinosaurs bred to perfection with 20/20 mutations, full imprint and maxed out levels?

Just now, ThzNutz said:

the theriz we practiced with the last 7-10 days were the exact same ones we took to the fight thanks to Official saves being released :) 

ours wasnt 100% official config -- had spawn animations off and -allowunlimitedrespec  checked, which then didnt work anyways lol.

we have those running as well, but doesn't affect the fight itself though, which is what people are interested in the most.
QoL changes are irrelevant to the discussion.
It's about having dinosaurs that can be obtained.

• Volunteer Moderator
1 minute ago, Toqs said:

With imprint your dinos are nearly twice as strong as official's best. 

we are on Official -- its Legacy but still Official. the new Official servers have not been around long enough to breed the higher stat dinos, that is the only difference im aware of:)

Just now, ThzNutz said:

we are on Official -- its Legacy but still Official. the new Official servers have not been around long enough to breed the higher stat dinos, that is the only difference im aware of:)

Indeed. I'm just noting that if someone is looking for help on the fight to make sure to note what sort of server the info is coming from. Eventually new official will catch up to legacy but something that might work on legacy might not on new official due to higher stats/weapons/armor

just a heads up for whoever wants to try and breed the Therizino's we had from scratch on official:

We burned through roughly 13000 babies in 2.5 weeks using our extreme settings, spending 16h a day for this.
And that's pure Therizinosaur breeding, nothing else.
This will take you months  on official when starting from scratch.

If you can buy/trade starting dinosaurs or pre-bred one, go for it.

• Volunteer Moderator
2 minutes ago, Olivar said:

It's about having dinosaurs that can be obtained.

twice as nice when its the actual dinos you will take to the fight, not spawned. they did end up with a bit more xp on practice server than they had when we took them to the real fights (maybe 40ish in melee 763 vs 816), but that was offset but having 7 of the stronger ones at 1 - 1.1k melee

8 minutes ago, Olivar said:

Are you talking about caught dinos, or dinosaurs bred to perfection with 20/20 mutations, full imprint and maxed out levels?

No one on new servers or legacy has 20/20 mutations in melee or health.  That requires boosted rates. It would take nearly a year or more on official with no tame cap for those mutations.

Just now, rororoxor said:

Is it safe to use the theri for mega/brood fights? Would save a lot of time raising rexes...

Absolutely!
They shred through them like paper.

Just now, Toqs said:

No one on new servers or legacy has 20/20 mutations in melee or health.  That requires boosted rates. It would take nearly a year or more on official with no tame cap for those mutations

See my previous post : We only pulled this off because of boosted raids and pre-existing dinosaurs.
It will indeed take you months of breeding to get this on official to obtain the monster we or Nutz' tribe has.

• Volunteer Moderator
3 minutes ago, Toqs said:

make sure to note what sort of server the info is coming from.

absolutely

1 minute ago, Olivar said:

This will take you months  on official when starting from scratch.

took us 6-8 weeks and we were lucky enough to buy/get gifted excellent eggs -- still tho the raising, leveling, etc takes time...time...time...xD

• Volunteer Moderator
11 minutes ago, Toqs said:

It would take nearly a year or more on official

true, @invincibleqc is very familiar with how long it takes, as is @SmashNcrabs -- the sources of our fine eggs -- the only reason we were able to pull it off in such a short period of time.

But I agree, mentioning the differences between servers is not a bad thing, as long as people don't bash about it.
I'm all open for sharing our information, videos and tactics that we used for creating the Therizino theory.
Heck more then happy to invite you to our box sometime and show them in action :) 

Off to bed for today, happy to answer more questions tomorrow.

8 minutes ago, Olivar said:

Absolutely!
They shred through them like paper.

See my previous post : We only pulled this off because of boosted raids and pre-existing dinosaurs.
It will indeed take you months of breeding to get this on official to obtain the monster we or Nutz' tribe has.

Sadly with tame cap everywhere those levels wont be around for a long long time. maybe months with the cap before you can even work on breed line. We have a 384 melee fem that we bought and been at least 12 eggs hatched and CANNOT get that stat to move. right now best we have is 7.5k hp and 299 melee. We have ascended theri bp but nothing worth a crap to put it on. I might also add we have all tekgrams unlocked already and did it all with rexes, yut  and pig. if i continue breeding theris it is for chitz and giggles more than relying on it to beat bosses. Also

Oliver those are your settings for your servers. Can you show me a reference indicating what the official settings actually are? Any reference from wc that could validate that those settings actually match official?

• Volunteer Moderator

however there is a twist-

@LadyofHats tribe did all the raising/breeding annnnnnnd we got a melee mutation from @invincibleqc 590 theriz, which took them to 602%

the first 25 became adults at about 1am cst last night.

true monsters -- and unless someone knows different (would love to see if so), 423 has the best Theriz is Ark atm :) 

#4234ever

3 hours ago, ThzNutz said:

do not try a new mouse the day or so before your big fight and then fail to do a practice run or check your keybinds:$

due to the above the first half of the fight was spent in a state of "why arent they listening" and "omg the lag" mixed with a tad of panic and "we are all dead" when i then realized i had no whistles except neutral, which then had my usually mostly organized horde all over the place. had to run headfirst into the dragon to get them to all attack:P

while being chewed on by a dimorph (rip riot chest piece, and thanks Tah :)) i got most of the keys bound properly and only missed one -- the most important one imo -- lmao -- attack this target. headfirst into the dragon again to get them to attack. needless to say during all of my confusion, the horde had not been properly yuty buffed (a struggle i seem to always have :() and were low on health. dragon landed behind the ruins wall near the platform, which blocks yuty screams btw, and the theriz began dying 2-3 at a time. dragon still had a bit of health left, i kinda felt a wipe coming but the shooters kept pouring it on him, and the last 2-3 theriz fought valiantly and we got the win. i would've normally contributed 500-600 rounds of AR damage, didnt happen this time.

as a final kick in the jimmy, i neglected to record the fight too.

at any rate, good show guys -- will call on you again in 2 weeks or so -- Pet and some others still need engrams :)

And I thought it was all part of the planned fight :D:D:D 

Sorry for the bad quality ... twitch and youtube didn't improve it 

• Volunteer Moderator
2 minutes ago, Legislator said:

And I thought it was all part of the planned fight :D:D:D 

Sorry for the bad quality ... twitch and youtube didn't improve i

hahahahahah....wait? i dont usually drive them that bad do i? xD

bad quality is better than no quality, which is what we would have if it had been left to me to do lmao. thanks for getting the video mate!!

7 hours ago, bigfishrob said:

Sadly with tame cap everywhere those levels wont be around for a long long time. maybe months with the cap before you can even work on breed line. We have a 384 melee fem that we bought and been at least 12 eggs hatched and CANNOT get that stat to move. right now best we have is 7.5k hp and 299 melee. We have ascended theri bp but nothing worth a crap to put it on. I might also add we have all tekgrams unlocked already and did it all with rexes, yut  and pig. if i continue breeding theris it is for chitz and giggles more than relying on it to beat bosses. Also

Oliver those are your settings for your servers. Can you show me a reference indicating what the official settings actually are? Any reference from wc that could validate that those settings actually match official?

Been trying to get an official response for quite some time, but nothing received so far. Trust me if I had an official source I would link it and apply it immediately. 

The current configuration has been obtained by comparing settings, avaliable numbers and dinosaur results against official player feedback, tools and experience. It's not foolproof but it's pretty damned close right now.

If there is any indication that something is off we change it immediately and rerun the tests.

8 hours ago, Olivar said:

Been trying to get an official response for quite some time, but nothing received so far. Trust me if I had an official source I would link it and apply it immediately. 

The current configuration has been obtained by comparing settings, avaliable numbers and dinosaur results against official player feedback, tools and experience. It's not foolproof but it's pretty damned close right now.

If there is any indication that something is off we change it immediately and rerun the tests.

So there is no for certain official settings..... got it......so it just "seems" like dedi is set the same as official

Archived