Officially killed Beta and Alpha Dragon on Official

ThzNutz

1 hour ago, invincibleqc said:

In conclusion, getting good stats on officials is more than possible with some work and dedication/obsession!

I am totally impressed by your patience and dedication to go through that on official rates. It's exactly same process I went on our server just slower. On some point I had over 150 base females to get my 300 eggs as fast as I could and then raise new male for new generation. If I got female it took twice longer because I must bread mutated female with base male until I got mutated male.

Did you also encounter double mutations? In my process I encounter double mutation at least twice (3 times but I can prove middle one). It seems to be extremely rare thing happens once  per 3-4k eggs.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Volunteer Moderator
53 minutes ago, Olivar said:

And now you know why Nutz questioned our sanity in doing this :D

I'm not crazy, I swear!! O.o

46 minutes ago, Meshi said:

Were last mentioned 7 already on 20/20 opr you have more room for mutations? I would like to compare them with chicken army of doom to see how much better official server one can go.

Like I said in my previous post, they have 12 hp mutations and 15 melee for a total of 27/40 markers. Like I also said, it doesn't matters. As long as you breed a mutated male with clean females you can still mutate your stats. The limit itself is 255 pts per stat or max 450 pts for all pts combined. So you could have up to 45,240.1 hp and 1625.2% melee at birth but you could not combine them because only these two would exceed the 450 limit and eggs would not hatches.

Take in example, you have a male with 590.4% melee for 15/40 markers. You mate it with a female that have 0/40 markers. You should mutate your melee to 602.1% within 290 eggs. Now take in example the same but your male has 21/40 markers. It will take you twice as more eggs for a total of 580 eggs because all roll tied to the dad would automatically fails. In conclusion, the limit is 255 pts or 450 total; markers doesn't matters. But you could hatch therizs with the following stat if you tame lvl 5 and inject 0 pts for the useless stats:

• Health: 33,756.1 (189 pts)
  • Stamina: 300 (0 pts)
  • Oxygen: 150 (0 pts)
  • Food: 3,000 (0 pts)
  • Weight: 365 (0 pts)
  • Melee: 1,231.3 (188 pts)
  • Speed: 100 (0 pts)

Which would hatches babies level 379 that you could push melee only and reach 3257.3% with 40,507.3 health once fully imprinted/leveled. Or push only health and reach 1,475.9% melee and 195,812.1 health (200k therizs, anyone? ^_^). In conclusion, again, markers doesn't matters. Just make sure you breed your mutated male with clean females and you should progress rather quickly depending of how many females you are bruteforcing.

27 minutes ago, Meshi said:

If I got female it took twice longer because I must bread mutated female with base male until I got mutated male.

Yeah, I know the feeling. I also mutated the lowest health/melee (from the moms) more than once. ¬¬

28 minutes ago, Meshi said:

Did you also encounter double mutations? In my process I encounter double mutation at least twice (3 times but I can prove middle one). It seems to be extremely rare thing happens once  per 3-4k eggs.

I did, a few times. You can get up to 3 mutations for a single eggs (since there are 3 rolls of 2.5% each). Only got enough luck for double, never triple tho. xD

2 hours ago, invincibleqc said:

But you could hatch therizs with the following stat if you tame lvl 5 and inject 0 pts for the useless stats:

• Health: 33,756.1 (189 pts)
  • Stamina: 300 (0 pts)
  • Oxygen: 150 (0 pts)
  • Food: 3,000 (0 pts)
  • Weight: 365 (0 pts)
  • Melee: 1,231.3 (188 pts)
  • Speed: 100 (0 pts)

Which would hatches babies level 379 that you could push melee only and reach 3257.3% with 40,507.3 health once fully imprinted/leveled. Or push only health and reach 1,475.9% melee and 195,812.1 health (200k therizs, anyone? ^_^).

And here is when we encounter "bigger does not mean better" situation.

Therizs with over 21k HP are worse for bossfights, because Cake maxes out its efficiency at 21k HP. Higher than that means that Theriz will get increased damage from Dragon's breath attack (in absolute numbers) while healing stays the same. So the upper limit on hatch HP to stay efficient should be 17.5k before imprinting... unless i'm missing something.

8 minutes ago, DarthaNyan said:

And here is when we encounter "bigger does not mean better" situation.

Therizs with over 21k HP are worse for bossfights, because Cake maxes out its efficiency at 21k HP. Higher than that means that Theriz will get increased damage from Dragon's breath attack (in absolute numbers) while healing stays the same. So the upper limit on hatch HP to stay efficient should be 17.5k before imprinting... unless i'm missing something.

Nope, you're absolutely correct.
Anything above 21k health as end-result is a net-loss in healing for the veggie cake on Therizino, or any herbi.
So you never want to push above 21k, and direct any excess points into melee damage.

• Volunteer Moderator
19 minutes ago, DarthaNyan said:

And here is when we encounter "bigger does not equal better" situation.

Well, it was an example. And you would definitely not need any cakes with such stats. However, cakes are not maxed at 21k. They heal 10% of base health UP to 2.1k. Meaning that if you have 10k base health, a cake will heals 1k and if you have 500k base health, it will heals 2.1k. However, while health is not a priority for the dragon, good luck doing alpha overseer with 21k dinos. xD

9 minutes ago, invincibleqc said:

Well, it was an example. And you would definitely not need any cakes with such stats. However, cakes are not maxed at 21k. They heal 10% of base health UP to 2.1k. Meaning that if you have 10k base health, a cake will heals 1k and if you have 500k base health, it will heals 2.1k. However, while health is not a priority for the dragon, good luck doing alpha overseer with 21k dinos. xD

Alpha Ascension successfully completed with 21k Therizino's.......

• Volunteer Moderator
2 minutes ago, Olivar said:

yes official settings.
The Ascension process is arguably 10x easier than doing dragon on the same difficulty.

Interesting. Maybe I will give it another shot at some point if I can find any motivation to raise and imprint a batch (Which probably won't happens, now that the saves are dropped I'm brainstorming about killing everything I have left and move on but that is another story. xD). The dragon stage of the overseer seemed to hit as hard as the boss itself, is that not the case?

1 minute ago, invincibleqc said:

Interesting. Maybe I will give it another shot at some point if I can find any motivation to raise and imprint a batch (Which probably won't happens, now that the saves are dropped I'm brainstorming about killing everything I have left and move on but that is another story. xD). The dragon stage of the overseer seemed to hit as hard as the boss itself, is that not the case?

Honestly, never had issues with it.
We did all three Ascensions with our chicken army, and never struggled with the Overseer.
I've put up the Beta Ascension process in one of the threads, this one I think, and Alpha is nothing different. Overseer doesn't change outside having more health.
Heck, clearing the cave is more challenging than pounding the overseer senseless.

• Volunteer Moderator
Just now, Olivar said:

Honestly, never had issues with it.
We did all three Ascensions with our chicken army, and never struggled with the Overseer.
I've put up the Beta Ascension process in one of the threads, this one I think, and Alpha is nothing different. Overseer doesn't change outside having more health.
Heck, clearing the cave is more challenging than pounding the overseer senseless.

Nah, clearing the cave is a joke. Use a quetzal and a sniper. Stand above lava, snipe them and they will all jump and burn to death. Then you can walk your army freely without taking any damage (purlovias won't unbury themselve if all players are riding a theriz). Here a video I uploaded some time ago just traveling the cave in SP to show someone how I used to run it:

1 minute ago, invincibleqc said:

Nah, clearing the cave is a joke. Use a quetzal and a sniper. Stand above lava, snipe them and they will all jump and burn to death. Then you can walk your army freely without taking any damage (purlovias won't unbury themselve if all players are riding a theriz). Here a video I uploaded some time ago just traveling the cave in SP to show someone how I used to run it:

How are you able to bring in a Quetz?
That's not possible outside SP as far as i know.

• Volunteer Moderator
17 minutes ago, Olivar said:

How are you able to bring in a Quetz?
That's not possible outside SP as far as i know.

It works on officials too. They used to be too large for the door, but they changed their hitbox so they can pass into hatchframes. You get kicked off the saddle, but you can sit on the platform and whistle it to move.

19 hours ago, Sacred Demon said:

Alpha tribe on my cross ARK did it just this weekend with deer, shotguns and Rex. They basically sacrifice the Rex's and run around shooting the Dragon.

Did your group consider using the pump shotguns? as it seems they put out more DPS.

Use pump action shotguns with at least 160% dmg. More the better ofc.

• Volunteer Moderator
15 hours ago, SinWeaver said:

This on legacy?

Helena (Therizinosaur, Lvl 308): HP: 13920.1 (75); St: 1140 (28); Ox: 600 (30); Fo: 12600 (32); We: 576.7 (29); Dm: 590.4% (79); Sp: 100% (34); To: 17964 (307);

That is some pretty insane stats for official...

ya, Official Legacy -- Helena is the one that died at beta :( she was at 25k/1029 i believe

11 hours ago, Meshi said:

Were last mentioned 7 already on 20/20 opr you have more room for mutations?

@invincibleqc explained alot above, the 590 theriz are all his work and his line. we did get a mutation tho :) which will be announced at some point in the near future. 

****seems i am quite late to post.....againxD

• Volunteer Moderator

@Legislator your welcome mate, glad we got it done :)

was a 10/20 (19 theriz + yuty) that thanks to me being a bonehead ended in many horde deaths and we lost one player. Legislator has a stream/video of it (if you wanna link it plz, video is kinda rough tho mate, sorry). thanks to going in with quality/aware shooters they were able to get all the saddles while i mostly glitched/lagged out under the dragon. thanks a bunch guys, you saved alot of mats, and did a great job overall.

the shooters:

Ruh -- Taheen -- Fullmoon -- Burntpurp -- LadyofHats -- Abraham -- Legislator -- Sega -- Skullman 

**my best advice**

do not try a new mouse the day or so before your big fight and then fail to do a practice run or check your keybinds:$

due to the above the first half of the fight was spent in a state of "why arent they listening" and "omg the lag" mixed with a tad of panic and "we are all dead" when i then realized i had no whistles except neutral, which then had my usually mostly organized horde all over the place. had to run headfirst into the dragon to get them to all attack:P

while being chewed on by a dimorph (rip riot chest piece, and thanks Tah :)) i got most of the keys bound properly and only missed one -- the most important one imo -- lmao -- attack this target. headfirst into the dragon again to get them to attack. needless to say during all of my confusion, the horde had not been properly yuty buffed (a struggle i seem to always have :() and were low on health. dragon landed behind the ruins wall near the platform, which blocks yuty screams btw, and the theriz began dying 2-3 at a time. dragon still had a bit of health left, i kinda felt a wipe coming but the shooters kept pouring it on him, and the last 2-3 theriz fought valiantly and we got the win. i would've normally contributed 500-600 rounds of AR damage, didnt happen this time.

as a final kick in the jimmy, i neglected to record the fight too.

at any rate, good show guys -- will call on you again in 2 weeks or so -- Pet and some others still need engrams :)

On 11/14/2017 at 5:24 AM, Olivar said:

Alpha Ascension successfully completed with 21k Therizino's.......

can somebody show a source for "official settings" bc i set up a dedi and a quick search came up with nothing showing the official rates so how do you have evidence of all settings being the same on dedis? And where are these "official" settings so i can make mine match.

2 minutes ago, bigfishrob said:

can somebody show a source for "official settings" bc i set up a dedi and a quick search came up with nothing showing the official rates so how do you have evidence of all settings being the same on dedis? And where are these "official" settings so i can make mine match.

for Official you need the following settings:

Game.init

[/Script/ShooterGame.ShooterGameMode]
bUseSingleplayerSettings=False
bPassiveDefensesDamageRiderlessDinos=True
bIncreasePvPRespawnInterval=True
bAutoPvETimer=False

GameUserSettings.ini

[ServerSettings]
DifficultyOffset=1.000000
OverrideOfficialDifficulty=5.000000
AllowRaidDinoFeeding=False
NonPermanentDiseases=False
OxygenSwimSpeedStatMultiplier=1.000000
StructurePreventResourceRadiusMultiplier=1.000000
RaidDinoCharacterFoodDrainMultiplier=1.000000
PvEDinoDecayPeriodMultiplier=1.000000
KickIdlePlayersPeriod=3600.000000
AutoSavePeriodMinutes=30.000000
ListenServerTetherDistanceMultiplier=1.000000

These are the bare minimum settings you NEED to configure, otherwise it false back to SinglePlayer settings when configuring an Unofficial server.
There's actually a few more settings that will get injected when generating blank configurations by the game, but these are the default game settings that do not directly affect the game play-style or difficulty. They mostly affect spawns or building limits as well as some setting regarding PvP, which are irrelevant to the point at hand.

• Do NOT use any external tools for generating the configuration
  • Do NOT rely on control panel applications such as RCON or other providers - we learned the hard way they inject wrong settings by default
  • The best approach is fire up a server without configuration first to get the default values generated, and then overwrite with the ones above.
  • You can ask @ThzNutz for confirmation on getting the right configuration setup as he copied our approach/tactics and produced the exact same Therizinosaurs on his official server.

Archived