Officially killed Beta and Alpha Dragon on Official

ThzNutz

25 minutes ago, bigfishrob said:

Im not mad about theris not currently available. I just dont see the point of this method being pushed as if it is the best and only way when it not currently available to noew official. If you are ok waiting months and months after aberation to do dragon or ascend ect then sure its doable. But also right now it is still unneccessary as it can be fine killed with rexes which are available for ppl wanting to do the bosses now.

So what are we arguing about then ? :D Not sure it was pushed as the only way. The way I read it then is that rexs are more than enough but theris are better cause of their resistance to fire? 

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, ThzNutz said:

i never said it was the best or only way, just that it works on Official Legacy. there are many ways to fight bosses, some work better than others. seen folks running around on a deer with shotguns -- works, just not for me....at least atmxD

we still prefer AR, but options are nice

AR works but I'm pretty sure my tribe misses 70% of their shots anyways. They need something that will just hit anything in a general direction. 

• Volunteer Moderator
1 hour ago, bigfishrob said:

I did mean just well bred Theriz multiple generations of mutations stacked in that especially with tame cap will be impossible to get for a long time.

21 hours ago, bigfishrob said:

wish we could get theriz like this on the new servers.......

20 hours ago, bigfishrob said:

Sadly with tame cap everywhere those levels wont be around for a long long time. maybe months with the cap before you can even work on breed line.

2 hours ago, bigfishrob said:

would be lower for theriz that we have available within the next 6 months depending on server caps.

Why are you constantly using that as an argument? I mean, this is a thread about fighting the Dragon with Therizinos. We explained how to mass mutate them and the fact your server is tame capped is irrelevant to the discussion. This is like asking someone for directions, and then reply "yeah, but my car is not starting so I cannot make the trip...". If you have concern about your server being capped, you should rather post into a thread dedicated for that:

On 13-11-2017 at 5:15 AM, ThzNutz said:

after 6-8 weeks of work.....honestly cant say, its blurry:P

finding and getting the good eggs ( @SmashNcrabs and @invincibleqc), hatching and raising ( @LadyofHats and Pet), leveling and practicing, we on 423 were able to kill Beta earlier this evening, and honestly quite easily. a mate from the server streamed it, so i will include a link but this is also inclusive of discussion about dragon and theriz in particular, and also other methods as they may apply.

this is also for @Olivar and those that strove to prove that a properly configured private server is equal to Official. we borrowed your methods and they did prove quite successful, although there were moments in practice that i was questioning your sanity and rationale. however, in an unofficial environment we were able to hone our skills and be as comfortable as possible knowing nothing would be lost. most of our practice fights were much more difficult. in the end, many got beta engrams on our server and we only lost one theriz. a good one, and Helena will be missed but she did her job.

i would like to apologize to two that did not get to go because of scheduling conflicts, @fullmoon and @Taheen . Full, thank you for the Strong artifact and all of you, everyone, for good practice runs. Alpha next weekend, your slots are reserved, may have to go twice lol. anyone have Strong? 

really tho, i just feel great about all of the hard work from our server and all of the help getting everything ready that i thought i would share it with all of you guys. i am proud of 423 and so happy to be a part of such a good family. 

#4234ever

https://go.twitch.tv/videos/200821366 

more video to follow, including practice runs (we took a horse to Beta and still killed it, sooo funny). if you want to go straight to the fight skip ahead about 2/3 of the way. thanks for the stream Legislator :) 

****another video just posted, thanks @skullman  may want to turn audio down a bit for it, depends on hardware tho. would like to add that not only did skull grab the downed saddle, he got the last cake out too...cheers mate.

so stoked:D

Good job mister Formal :D

Here's an interesting experiment me and my girlfriend just performed:

1. level 150 Therizinosaurs x 19, from the wild, so no imprinting or breeding
  2. Blue saddles, as Primitive was too weak
  3. Veggie cakes
  4. One Yuty
  5. One Gamma Dragon

The point to prove : You don't need over the top Therizinosaurs on your Gamma Dragon attempt and to show how powerful they can actually be.
We sustained quite a bit of losses, and as soon as you start breeding, you will create monsters that can handle so much more! The imprinting bonus, including the decent saddles make a huge difference but I just felt some people need to be shown here that Dragon is more then doable with a basic approach to get you started.
Higher difficulties WILL require more preparation and commitment into the dinosaurs, but if you're going for your first kill, this is how you can pull it off:

So is Dragon Difficult:  Yup
Is Dragon Impossible: Nope
Do I need decent dino's for Beta and Alpha: raptor Yea
Will this take time : Afraid so

1 hour ago, AngrySaltire said:

So what are we arguing about then ? :D Not sure it was pushed as the only way. The way I read it then is that rexs are more than enough but theris are better cause of their resistance to fire? 

theriz do not appear to take less percentage dmg than rexes to fire. they simply have a veggie cake heal mechanic

1 hour ago, invincibleqc said:

Why are you constantly using that as an argument? I mean, this is a thread about fighting the Dragon with Therizinos. We explained how to mass mutate them and the fact your server is tame capped is irrelevant to the discussion. This is like asking someone for directions, and then reply "yeah, but my car is not starting so I cannot make the trip...". If you have concern about your server being capped, you should rather post into a thread dedicated for that:

im on 4 dif servers by the way 3 of which have beeen capped and even the se is probably getting close. pretty much running out of places to breed up these mutes. And we have been focusing breeding up rexes already. And they are effective for the bosses. Im glad to see it done on official even those the theri lines are a long way off for new servers.

5 minutes ago, bigfishrob said:

im on 4 dif servers by the way 3 of which have beeen capped and even the se is probably getting close. pretty much running out of places to breed up these mutes. And we have been focusing breeding up rexes already. And they are effective for the bosses. Im glad to see it done on official even those the theri lines are a long way off for new servers.

Again, what is the point of bringing this up?

13 minutes ago, bigfishrob said:

theriz do not appear to take less percentage dmg than rexes to fire. they simply have a veggie cake heal mechanic

I thought all herbivores gained a fire resistance ?. According to the patchnotes I just saw herbivores received a 62.5% resistance to fire from version 252.7 ? Ok this was back in December but has that changed since then ?

• "Herbivores now have 55% damage reduction from explosives and 62.5% damage reduction vs fire (due to their thick hides)."

7 minutes ago, Olivar said:

Again, what is the point of bringing this up?

i know you think this is your brain child and you wanna be seen but first off theris on dragon was done months before release with very detailed testing so get over yourself. Second, you jump on posting this dedi promotion when ppl claim they are about rdy to do bosses. and if they are on official new servers to use this method u pretty much cant be about rdy to do bosses bc you need months and months to prepare just to do medium dragon let alone alpha. Meanwhile, traditional rex method is perfectly viable and perfectly usable right now without breeding 5-6 months to do it. If anything this method should be promoted and a gimmick and excentric method for doing it. basically if you wanna spend a lot of time getting and breeding and hatching thousands upon thousands of theris to get what you need then you got a method that will work......... while errbody else already getting it donw with ez to aquire rexes. Then on top of that you try to reply to my posts there arguing my experiences on an actual official server not some sand box spawned in bit. We did brood with ankys and they took fairly low dmg on legacy. Should we be specifically breeding an anky arrmy just to do that boss with an anky? or use the good old stand by rexes that work just fine?

8 minutes ago, AngrySaltire said:

I thought all herbivores gained a fire resistance ?. According to the patchnotes I just saw herbivores received a 62.5% resistance to fire from version 252.7 ? Ok this was back in December but has that changed since then ?

• "Herbivores now have 55% damage reduction from explosives and 62.5% damage reduction vs fire (due to their thick hides)."

not on bosses apparently

• Volunteer Moderator
5 minutes ago, AngrySaltire said:

Unfortunately, seems like the 20% of the dragon is hard-coded no matter what and that this damage reduction doesn't applies. I didn't test myself, but I heard a lot of people saying that. Maybe @Olivar could confirm if this is the case. It sure is for Flame Arrows/Thrower and probably Fire Wyvern too. Once confirmed, maybe this should be reported in the Bugs Report section (if not reported already) so the devs are aware because I don't know if it has been forgotten or if it was intended.

9 minutes ago, AngrySaltire said:

Explosives sure, but not the breath as this is a fixed % damage. So pretty sure it doesnt apply to this at all.

2 minutes ago, bigfishrob said:

i know you think this is your brain child and you wanna be seen but first off theris on dragon was done months before release with very detailed testing so get over yourself. Second, you jump on posting this dedi promotion when ppl claim they are about rdy to do bosses. and if they are on official new servers to use this method u pretty much cant be about rdy to do bosses bc you need months and months to prepare just to do medium dragon let alone alpha. Meanwhile, traditional rex method is perfectly viable and perfectly usable right now without breeding 5-6 months to do it. If anything this method should be promoted and a gimmick and excentric method for doing it. basically if you wanna spend a lot of time getting and breeding and hatching thousands upon thousands of theris to get what you need then you got a method that will work......... while errbody else already getting it donw with ez to aquire rexes. Then on top of that you try to reply to my posts there arguing my experiences on an actual official server not some sand box spawned in bit. We did brood with ankys and they took fairly low dmg on legacy. Should we be specifically breeding an anky arrmy just to do that boss with an anky? or use the good old stand by rexes that work just fine?

Read the very first post of this thread, then come back.

• Volunteer Moderator
11 minutes ago, bigfishrob said:

traditional rex method

for our server this resulted in 3 full wipes of 45-50k+ and 900/1k melee rex with 100-120 saddles -- and dragon was not even close to dying. hence trying Theriz -- rex no longer worked -- and that was only beta

3 minutes ago, bigfishrob said:

not on bosses apparently

2 minutes ago, invincibleqc said:

Unfortunately, seems like the 20% of the dragon is hard-coded no matter what and that this damage reduction doesn't applies. I didn't test myself, but I heard a lot of people saying that. Maybe @Olivar could confirm if this is the case. It sure is for Flame Arrows/Thrower and probably Fire Wyvern too. Once confirmed, maybe this should be reported in the Bugs Report section (if not reported already) so the devs are aware because I don't know if it has been forgotten or if it was intended.

Just now, Olivar said:

Explosives sure, but not the breath as this is a fixed % damage. So pretty sure it doesnt apply to this at all.

Ah cool. Thanks for the correction folks. This does make sense lol. Need to start questioning my assumptions even more. Somehow got it into my head that they did get the resistance. Thought it was one of the reasons people were using theris and the megaloceros in the arena hahaha. Thanks for clearing that up. Would be great if they did get that resistance with the dragon though since they have a 'resistance' to fire. Could add extra variations for taking on the dragon.

1 minute ago, bigfishrob said:

Still dont know why you are posting here. Both rex and theriz methods work to take down a boss. Whether or not YOU are able to do so, doesnt deny the OP's ability to do it his way, or for others to be able to do it their way, on their servers.

We have not told you you cannot do it your way. We have not said you can only do it their way. It's an "option" to do it this way, a way that can kill the boss, given time, and on servers that are not tame capped.

I am sorry the tame cap is such a problem for you. We cannot help you with that.

I'm starting to think you are a troll, or just really pissed off about your servers at tame cap, and you have already hammered in your point that many servers are at tame cap. A point I already knew before this thread about defeating the boss on Legacy officials was crerated. I feel you are not adding anything beneficial to the topic at hand.

I agree that tame cap sucks, and makes it seemingly impossible to breed several generations of dinos. But no one here can help with tame cap, and tame cap is not an issue for everyone here. Tame cap is not an issue for me. This thread has been incredibly helpful with informing me how I can do this fight. I am sorry if you feel you cannot.

I would like to stick to posts that aid in the continuation of discussing multiple different strategies of doing the boss fights, on servers that dont have an issue with tame caps.

People on tame capped servers have my sympathies. My best suggestion (easier said than done) is to move to another server, or play Legacy, or unofficial, if you want to take down the boss.

• 3 weeks later...

not sure if i just missed it, roughly how many cakes do you take per theriz?

Average armor for saddles?  I have an 87 armor bp, with crafting bonus can probably get that up to 100+ but will be expensive to make that many times just to get the 19, which is fine its part of the game. 

Have you been able to solo it or are the shooters required?  I have a tribe of 2 but can bring in allies if needed.

8 hours ago, Cystric said:

not sure if i just missed it, roughly how many cakes do you take per theriz?

Average armor for saddles?  I have an 87 armor bp, with crafting bonus can probably get that up to 100+ but will be expensive to make that many times just to get the 19, which is fine its part of the game. 

Have you been able to solo it or are the shooters required?  I have a tribe of 2 but can bring in allies if needed.

5 is the absolute minimum of cakes you want per Theri, we usually play it safe and take 10 per theri.
I think armor wise you seem to be good, but the higher the better obviously.
As the dragon's bite is quite hard.

We never used shooters as you can see in our video's.
I know Nutz used a few, but if your chickens are strong enough it's definitely doable without shooting.

Archived