Any suggestions on how to defeat the Dragon boss on Island Map, on any difficulty without the used of the exploit of getting it stuck. We have defeated it on gamma with the following:
19 Rex (bred with 45K hp and 700+ Dmg) they have ascendant saddles with 95% armor. All rexes are 100% imprinted.
1 yuti with 20K hp and 400+ dmg and also an ascendant saddle with 109% armor.
We are two players both lvl 100.

Our current strategy is to buff with yuti (player 1 is riding the yuti)  and then once dragon has landed send in the other rexes (player 2 riding a 100% imprinted rex to them) and just tank and try get as much dmg in as possible. When we defeated the gamma dragon player 2 died, player 1 survived with the yuti and only 5 rexes lived. 

5 hours ago, Sevvy said:

Any suggestions on how to defeat the Dragon boss on Island Map, on any difficulty without the used of the exploit of getting it stuck. We have defeated it on gamma with the following:
19 Rex (bred with 45K hp and 700+ Dmg) they have ascendant saddles with 95% armor. All rexes are 100% imprinted.
1 yuti with 20K hp and 400+ dmg and also an ascendant saddle with 109% armor.
We are two players both lvl 100.

Our current strategy is to buff with yuti (player 1 is riding the yuti)  and then once dragon has landed send in the other rexes (player 2 riding a 100% imprinted rex to them) and just tank and try get as much dmg in as possible. When we defeated the gamma dragon player 2 died, player 1 survived with the yuti and only 5 rexes lived. 

I worry there is no point to have 45k Hp on Raxes because dragon dmg is % based. So They will die on 5th breath if they do have 45k or 10k hp. Because you don't have 10 players then you can use strategy when one player is tanking and rest is biting dragon ass. I worry there isn't strategy for two player dragon kill with rexes. But I will be really happy to be proven wrong.

oh... as if there arent hundreds of Threads allready about how to kill Dragon.

And again. Cant remember how often i posted it now.

1 Yuty ( Stats dont really matter, maybe a bit more than average Stam )

3 -4 Daeodons > 150k Food

Rest Rexes 30k Hp ~ 1k Melee = easy Win. Also Alpha. Like all the other Bosses just TANK AND SPANK ( We usually did it with 2 People, the more you spread out, the more he stays in the Air. So if you do it with more People. Stay the raptor together. Its Breath is the only thing that  hurts )

So see ya in a few weeks again, when i have to repeat myself again and again and again

10 minutes ago, Wazzamaniac said:

There is a method now involving deer. Just have everyone ride one with a powerful shotgun and 400 shells or so. When dimorphs show up everyone ball up and the antlers should kill them.

Enjoy it till it's fixed...
Pretty sure it's considered a bug, and they will patch Dragon Soon™

Real men use spears though...

• 1 month later...

Hey guys thank for all the support! WE tried the method of getting the dragon stuck and it worked quite well got him down to about half health, unfortunately though our two man tribe was taken out by dimorphs soon after so we lost this on, but we are in the process of breeding again and will try the fight again. Will keep you all updated. 

We are only a small tribe of 3 and we did it by taking in 60/40 Theri/Rex mix. Theriz mixed hp/melee and Rexes max 20k hp rest in melee 850+.

Me riding a Yuty for buffs with 2 mated pigs passive healing following. 1 member on imprinted Rex controlling rest of rex using whistles. 1 member on imprinted Theri doing same for Theri control. All Theriz loaded with 15 veg cakes each.

All with AR shooting dragon in air dodging fireballs until it lands. ONLY attacking and sending in reinforcements when its NOT by a lava lake, otherwise keep shooting instead.

6 hours ago, BertNoobians said:

what about theri saddles in this fight ? since dragon fire breath ignores armor,
should we craft expensive saddles from an 82 armor mc bp or should we use cheaper 50 armor apprentice bp?
we will craft with maxed out crafting skill.

More expensive ones.
While the breath damage is not affected, the bites from the dragon still hit quite hard as do the adds it spawns.
The more damage you can reduce the easier it is to survive.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/13/2017 at 9:46 AM, Ugodzilla said:

oh... as if there arent hundreds of Threads allready about how to kill Dragon.

And again. Cant remember how often i posted it now.

1 Yuty ( Stats dont really matter, maybe a bit more than average Stam )

3 -4 Daeodons > 150k Food

Rest Rexes 30k Hp ~ 1k Melee = easy Win. Also Alpha. Like all the other Bosses just TANK AND SPANK ( We usually did it with 2 People, the more you spread out, the more he stays in the Air. So if you do it with more People. Stay the raptor together. Its Breath is the only thing that  hurts )

So see ya in a few weeks again, when i have to repeat myself again and again and again

Thanks

• 8 months later...
  • 7 months later...

The stratagy that I used was 9 theris and a yuty with 10 people. The theris where imprinted to 90+ with 75 armor saddles and 30 veggie cakes per theri. The theri stats where 13k hp (imprinted base hp), and then about 1k melee. The yuty was just a 150 wild kibble tame with 15k hp and 4k stam. The theris should have all points allocated to melee, since the dragons breath attack is % based. 

The theris res do not need to be 13k hp and 1k melee, that’s just what we used.

1 hour ago, Ababagogy said:

The stratagy that I used was 9 theris and a yuty with 10 people. The theris where imprinted to 90+ with 75 armor saddles and 30 veggie cakes per theri. The theri stats where 13k hp (imprinted base hp), and then about 1k melee. The yuty was just a 150 wild kibble tame with 15k hp and 4k stam. The theris should have all points allocated to melee, since the dragons breath attack is % based. 

The theris res do not need to be 13k hp and 1k melee, that’s just what we used.

Holy necro man.

Those theri at 21k would benefit from cakes slightly better but with 10 people any boss is trivial :P 

Archived