So when do you think these upload timers are finally going to go away?

spicer1209

Reason being is off server raiding is a joke now.  Just to scout another server (and i mean scouting to just see whats there not actually attacking) you would have to tame a burner flyer, which if you picked a low one would take 8 mins on 2x, then god forbid your item timer isnt at 30 mins so you can take the saddle with you.  So here we are potentially nearly an hour in and you havent even stepped foot on another server to even LOOK to see if the place is worth a damn.  Say you get there and there isnt anything there worth hitting or just an impossible mega base.  Now you have to leave the bird there because of the 12 hour upload timer on the bird, thus having to repeat the cycle all over again.

This is not practical.  This is not fun.  This is taking  a major part of the game away.  Off server raiding now is damn near extinct.  For alpha tribes like mine it really stagnates the game because there is no reason to hit a bummy base and cause grief to people legit trying to enjoy the game.  So now we are stuck breeding and breeding and breeding and ammo farming, which is essentially PVE which the opportunity for someone to take your stuff.  Id rather deal with duping, which all indications are that this "fix" it isnt even working, at this point than these timers.

So what are the odds WC realizes they made a mistake and comes up with a better solution or just remove it completely and just deal with duping?  Or are they just going to be stubborn and hard headed and say screw you guys this is how things are going to be whether you like it or not because this is the decision we made and we are sticking to it.  If you want the item timer fine.  I guess that makes sense, but a 12 hour dino timer is ridiculous

1. You've eliminated all competition on your server and became alpha

2. Now that you're bored you wanna go to other servers to raid

3. You'd rather let people dupe than deal with your own server problems which YOU people created in the first place

Now, I'm not saying adding timers discourages duping (I fail to see how, wildcard) but I am appalled by your attitude. Why not encourage noobs to build and thrive on your own server so you can have some competition once they reach metal or tek stage? 

18 minutes ago, Pic1 said:

1. You've eliminated all competition on your server and became alpha

2. Now that you're bored you wanna go to other servers to raid

3. You'd rather let people dupe than deal with your own server problems which YOU people created in the first place

Now, I'm not saying adding timers discourages duping (I fail to see how, wildcard) but I am appalled by your attitude. Why not encourage noobs to build and thrive on your own server so you can have some competition once they reach metal or tek stage? 

Man there are a lot of assumptions here lol

First of all we do encourage noobs to build and actually go out of our way to help them get established.  I cant tell you how many narcs and kibble we have given away this week to help them get bigger.  Thats why I said there is no point in hitting bummy bases and causing grief to other people trying to have fun playing the game.  There is no fun in blowing up a stone base to take some thatch and tears of the fallen.  We dont raid on the server because not only is it not profitable for us but a server wide neutral state is good for everyone involved

Second we didnt eliminate all competition on our server.  Our server got caught in a mega tribe war and nuked by a mega tribe.  By the grace of god we survived because of a semi hidden base at the time.  Since then we have grown exponentially and are now alpha.  Which honestly is a big reason why we lend a helping hand to other smaller tribes.

Yes I would rather let people dupe than have this timer crap.  I enjoyed the game more then even with the duping. The game was more fun then because if you were bored you had the FREEDOM to scout other servers and see if you couldnt get a raid going that night and it not being 4 hours before you actually are able to even begin to raid.  Honestly too i used to have a kick out of just going to other servers and seeing what had happened there.  It was like each server had its own story.

wildcard often slaps on quick fixes for problems and then later comes back to it with a much better thought out fix.  The problem is that they usually don't remove the temporary fix once the much better and well thought out fix occurs.  I believe that if they ever come up with a better fix for duping they will probably leave the timer in place in addition to whatever future fix they cook up.  If you need some actual instances skim through backlogged patch notes on anything that has to do with platform saddles and their anti griefing fixes for their official pve servers.

Honestly I'm fine with the upload timers. Raiding or scouting isn't impossible at all. You just got to do it in a different way.

Scouting is rather easy. You can do it two ways. Make a new char on the server you want to scout. This also minimises the loss of a char.

You can also do it the normal way and just take some basic gear to help get around the map.

Honistly 30 min timer isn't much at all, and if you already have the stuff on your inventory after the timer it's all good. Just make sure not to split or merge stacks or eat any food and reload weapons.

If your going to grief upload any c4 and spare flak maybe some extra ammo.

Now if your tribe is going to raid a server setting up a fob will have to be done in steps.

What I would do is get everything you need for the fob and raid into a vault or vaults next to a transmitter or obilisk. 

Then someone has to setup a small fob where you want the fob location. Setup some beds in it turrets, spike walls etc. Then get everything else you need into one char. Best way is to drop stuff and use a whip. You can get infinite weight doing this, but ofc you can't move. 

Transfer with everything on you and spawn in that bed, hoping the enemy hasn't seen the fob. (This also requires an invite before the setup)

Now transfer dinos as well, and get the tribe to slot cap the server.

All you need to do is use your brain when things change.

4 minutes ago, spicer1209 said:

......how are you supposed to scout a server without a bird? just run around and keep dying until you stumble on someones turrets?

Read what I said again. You can scout with a new char OR scout on foot or with a dino.

I choose not to have dinos because if killed they can find what server your on.

Since when couldn't you scout without a bird? You still can...? Nothing is stopping you lol.

Also if your smart enough you can scout on foot without dying quite often. I usally scout with a new char, maybe go to a couple explore notes and then check green and red obilisk and all the easy to get areas, which is pretty much the entire island map.

I don't really scout on ragnarok much. Center can be quite hard to scout with this method especially lava island.

Just now, spicer1209 said:

I have literally never heard of someone scouting a server looking for bases to raid on foot.  You are literally the first.

Then obviously your quite new to scouting. Loads of people I know scout on foot lol. Or your just in a bob tribe lol.

You also seem to have an answer to everything. Just accept what I said actually works and the timers are fine lol, cause they are. 

I thought they were stupid when they got added. But you just got to adapt 

4 minutes ago, spicer1209 said:

Yea ill make sure not to get an aerial view of a base before I hit it because I just like to look at a big ass behemoth and wonder what they have behind it.  Because you know apparently thats the way to do things.

Did I say that you can't take a bird? No. Scouting can be done in many ways. Making a new char is just the first few steps of it.

Also you do know you can use the orbit cam to look under the mesh lol. 

Even then not many mega tribes even use behemoth gates as walls.... that's old legacy stuff

Come on man use your brain

I doubt they'll remove it. Someone from Wildcard even said they won't consider removing it from PvE even though no one's even being negatively affected by duping. Well except for being negatively affected by Wildcard's anti-duping attempt.

The legitimate player majority is being punished by Wildcard because of the cheating minority. Makes absolutely no sense and causes the people of Wildcard to be just as bad as the cheaters but this is what we'll have to deal with from now on.

The timers are here to stay. Sorry.

• Volunteer Moderator
1 hour ago, Vrallox said:

I doubt they'll remove it. Someone from Wildcard even said they won't consider removing it from PvE even though no one's even being negatively affected by duping. Well except for being negatively affected by Wildcard's anti-duping attempt.

The legitimate player majority is being punished by Wildcard because of the cheating minority. Makes absolutely no sense and causes the people of Wildcard to be just as bad as the cheaters but this is what we'll have to deal with from now on.

The timers are here to stay. Sorry.

Pretty sure it's more to do with being solid on a stance against cheating. I mean, as a comparison, if you say "the legitimate non murder-by-guns majority is being punished by the government" for having to have proper licenses and registration, I'm pretty sure you'd get laughed out of whatever establishment you say that out loud in. PvE or PvP, duping is still duping. Whether you gain an upperhand on other players by dominating them in combat, or just have a leg up in the game by circumventing the need to grind for materials, you're still making use of exploits. You have to really be stretching the definition of cheating by trying to invalidate it due to saying it's a victimless crime.

29 minutes ago, ciabattaroll said:

Pretty sure it's more to do with being solid on a stance against cheating. I mean, as a comparison, if you say "the legitimate non murder-by-guns majority is being punished by the government" for having to have proper licenses and registration, I'm pretty sure you'd get laughed out of whatever establishment you say that out loud in. PvE or PvP, duping is still duping. Whether you gain an upperhand on other players by dominating them in combat, or just have a leg up in the game by circumventing the need to grind for materials, you're still making use of exploits. You have to really be stretching the definition of cheating by trying to invalidate it due to saying it's a victimless crime.

Seems more like we're serving a little bit of prison time for the murders committed by others. We are stuck on our servers until the timers expire after all. :D

Cheating in PvP is clearly wrong but where are the victims in PvE? I've never seen any players complain about someone duping in PvE. Even if someone was duping on our server I doubt it'd bother anyone in the slightest. Other people may be cheating but it doesn't affect us in any way, shape, or form. Unless my neighbor is being a jerk I don't care and even then it has nothing to do with them cheating.

Duping in PvE is basically jaywalking. Jaywalking in the US ranges from being an infraction to a misdemeanor and yet I never hear about the police cracking down on jaywalkers even if they state they have zero tolerance for lawbreakers.

A real life equivalent of the timer in PvE would be like electrifying all roads outside of crosswalks so each step someone takes would give them a little painful zap.

On 11/12/2017 at 5:07 AM, Goaty said:

Then obviously your quite new to scouting. Loads of people I know scout on foot lol. Or your just in a bob tribe lol.

You also seem to have an answer to everything. Just accept what I said actually works and the timers are fine lol, cause they are. 

I thought they were stupid when they got added. But you just got to adapt 

Lol no they sure don't .... sounds like you may be the one new to scouting

On 11/12/2017 at 3:31 AM, spicer1209 said:

Man there are a lot of assumptions here lol

First of all we do encourage noobs to build and actually go out of our way to help them get established.  I cant tell you how many narcs and kibble we have given away this week to help them get bigger.  Thats why I said there is no point in hitting bummy bases and causing grief to other people trying to have fun playing the game.  There is no fun in blowing up a stone base to take some thatch and tears of the fallen.  We dont raid on the server because not only is it not profitable for us but a server wide neutral state is good for everyone involved

Second we didnt eliminate all competition on our server.  Our server got caught in a mega tribe war and nuked by a mega tribe.  By the grace of god we survived because of a semi hidden base at the time.  Since then we have grown exponentially and are now alpha.  Which honestly is a big reason why we lend a helping hand to other smaller tribes.

Yes I would rather let people dupe than have this timer crap.  I enjoyed the game more then even with the duping. The game was more fun then because if you were bored you had the FREEDOM to scout other servers and see if you couldnt get a raid going that night and it not being 4 hours before you actually are able to even begin to raid.  Honestly too i used to have a kick out of just going to other servers and seeing what had happened there.  It was like each server had its own story.

This.

The timer has made it so it's not fun anymore to check out other servers. It's made PvP servers into PvE

Thanks for all your help Goaty, but no i will not make a new character in every server i scout and then do the scouting on foot lol. Timers are such a pain, i haven't been hopping servers at all since the change. thanks WC.

On 13/11/2017 at 2:02 PM, ZRISTWI10 said:

Lol no they sure don't .... sounds like you may be the one new to scouting

I've  been doing it ever since I joined mega tribes back in legacy. Do basically even before the timers I did his method with other people.

Can't really be new to it when I got 3.5k hours as well..

If you think scouting on foot takes hours, it really doesn't lol. 30 mins max really.

On 13/11/2017 at 2:05 PM, ZRISTWI10 said:

This.

The timer has made it so it's not fun anymore to check out other servers. It's made PvP servers into PvE

Thanks for all your help Goaty, but no i will not make a new character in every server i scout and then do the scouting on foot lol. Timers are such a pain, i haven't been hopping servers at all since the change. thanks WC.

Also, how the hell has it turned to pve? At the weekend I was on a raid, timers didn't really effect much, and it lasted and played like any other raid I ever been on. There is just no way it's turned pve lol.

This community really needs to learn to adapt to changes, cause I'm telling you now this will not be removed.

It's funny because loads of other people complained about the duping. They got a fix and then you complain more...? 

Also thanks for spamming me with those reactions that were not really needed.

1 hour ago, Jatheish said:

The update timers exist alongside some back-end protection (you just aren't exposed to this part) to help prevent a dupe exploit that we previously had with the CrossARK system. There aren't any plans to remove or change it, currently. 

Could you not put the upload timer in the ark data tab instead of the player inventory that can only carry around 300-400 weight? Just have it as a temp storage area that lets you actually upload it when timer is done. It would make it soooo much less of a hassle to transfer things.

link to my original suggestion thread: 

Archived