How are ya gonna play Abberation ??

MasterRed

Hello peeps !!!  
Just wanna know what way you all are going to play this new DLC ?

I have set my mind to go in there without any help from the WIKI and/or watch Youtube vids or any other info for that matter.
Wanna play this map kinda the way it was in the early days off Ark when i still needed to go by trail and error of how things in this game work.
I miss that feeling of helplessness and then the rush when i found out how to tame my first dilo.

Kinda hope there will be new notes you have to find that tell you how to make a nice dish or meat jerky but then Abberation style

So basically gonna go in blind.

Playing single player mostly these days to stay away from the lag and the megatribes that walk you over every fortnight  to keep you small and submissive, this way when i log off i don't have to be afraid that everything is gone when i restart the game. 
And don't loose sleep over every imprint that needs to be done.

So just curious ;)

Transfer to Abberation, tame new creatures, bring them to The Island. Breed them or maybe not. Sell some of them to non-Abberation owners.

I might like the new map though and play on both maps. And who knows what the new creatures eat to perfectly tame them. Maybe some ingredients you only get on Abberation. 

I wait 1-2 days after release though. If all Abb servers are 70/70 24/7 then I wait a couple months.

I never bought SE because I was always happy and busy on The Island. And I bought the SE creatures from other players. But this time, why not buy the DLC? I spend so much time in this game, it's worth it.

Ill be crating a new survivor and go from there. If Ive red the info right there is no transfering dinos to abberation, which means start on foot and die alot before getting established. And then die some more. I hope there will be a way to transfer dinos from abberation, or that it will come in time. Im really looking forward to it though. Its so different it will be like a new beginning. Ill play with friends on official.

First of all, SinglePlayer.

Second, I'll make a new char.

Now, for the first 2 weeks, I won't open the forums, wiki nor Dododex. I'll throw myself into Aberration with nothing but my will to survive.

If we're able to transfer any dinos at all, maybe I'll transfer one of my Anky eggs, so i can hatch a good metal farming dino when i'm capable of protecting him. But if transfers aren't allowed, I won't miss it.

Without cheats, of course.

I got a group of friends. We all plan to start new characters on our cluster and have a blast!

I am super excited about the no flyers, they do break the game. No real reason to use ground mounts.

Really wish they added wild interaction with tamed animals. Like low level dinos would flee or even small dinos flee from big dinos.

Either way, cant wait to explore!

Archived