So I tamed me some Kairuku but where do i put points on them

Grrrrrrrrr

• Volunteer Moderator

Same as sheep, you want to push health since it also increases the health of the corpse. But if you harvest the babies, pushing the health of the parents won't affect their breeding stats. If you want higher health, you will have to tame better base or mutate your current one. Moreover, since you harvest the babies and not the parents, you should push their food so you have to feed them less often.

12 minutes ago, MandyH said:

slightly off topic but ovis health for mutton food for wool. Gonna need lots baby pengus to  make mc or asc ghillie probably better to hunt wilds and bash corpse with quality club.

I have seen on this forum one person likes to tame 10 penguins (1m and 9 f), put them in a secure room with a Moschop who is specialized in collecting organic polymer, set them to wander so they mate, then when the baby penguins die the Moschop just auto harvests the organic poly. Whenever they need organic they just go and pull it off the Moschop. Really a brilliant design. 

9 hours ago, yekrucifixion187 said:

I have seen on this forum one person likes to tame 10 penguins (1m and 9 f), put them in a secure room with a Moschop who is specialized in collecting organic polymer, set them to wander so they mate, then when the baby penguins die the Moschop just auto harvests the organic poly. Whenever they need organic they just go and pull it off the Moschop. Really a brilliant design. 

idea is interesting but organic polymer on official server settings spoils rather quickly and Kairukus take too long to re-breed.

13 hours ago, yekrucifixion187 said:

But is it? I don't know let's do the math! Assume Official rates so ~20 poly per penguin. Lets say they all get the shortest breeding cooldown, so that's 9 baby penguins every 18hrs for 0.5 penguins per hour. We also have to remember that Organic spoils at a rate of 2 per stack per hour as well. Here's a chart of how the continuous stockpile would grow between collections:

Hour 0 Poly 10

Hour 1 Poly 18

Hour 2 Poly 24

Hour 3 Poly 28

Hour 4 Poly 32

Hour 5 Poly 34

Hour 6 Poly 36

Hour 7 Poly 38

Hour 7 Poly 40

Hour 8 Poly 42

Hour 9 Poly 42

You would either produce ~10 poly/hr if checked hourly, or ~4.667 poly/hr if checked every 9hrs. That's assuming you have the penguins all popping pretty much perfectly on time all the time and getting a 20 poly harvest per. In reality with sync'd up penguins you would get ~180 Organic every 18 hours, and it would all spoil in 5hrs from collection.

Pump it up to 18 female penguins and with simultaneous hatches you'll get ~360 per 18hrs spoiling in 5hrs or with carefully timed hatches:

Hour 0 Poly 20

Hour 1 Poly 36

Hour 2 Poly 48

Hour 3 Poly 58

Hour 4 Poly 66

Hour 5 Poly 72

Hour 6 Poly 76

Hour 7 Poly 80

Hour 8 Poly 84

Hour 9 Poly 86

Hour 10 Poly 88

Hour 11 Poly 90

Hour 12 Poly 92

Hour 13 Poly 92

So 20 organic per hour checked hourly or ~7.1 poly per hour checked every ~13 hours

I think to be truly worth the hassle you'd want a peak "checked hourly" production of 60 Poly. To achieve that you'd need 1 male ~54 females for a production like:

Hour 0 Poly 60

Hour 1 Poly 108

Hour 2 Poly 146

Hour 3 Poly 176

Hour 4 Poly 200

Hour 5 Poly 220

Hour 6 Poly 236

Hour 7 Poly 248

Hour 8 Poly 258

Hour 9 Poly 266

Hour 10 Poly 272

Hour 11 Poly 276

Hour 12 Poly 280

Hour 13 Poly 284

Hour 14 Poly 286

Hour 15 Poly 288

Hour 16 Poly 290

Hour 17 Poly 292

Hour 18 Poly 292

That's some serious 24/7 baby penguin murder right there.

• Volunteer Moderator

I remember seeing that concept, but it was on unofficial server with a stack mode making it that the Moschop had a single stack of thousands of poly in its inventory. This concept won't work on official stack size because they will all spoils too fast.

17 hours ago, yekrucifixion187 said:

It works. But you need a LOT more females to make it worthwhile.

20 hours ago, yekrucifixion187 said:

Do you put moshops on aggressive for it to harvest?

Archived