Mysterious Mysteries: Introducing ??????? & ARK News

Jen

Hey Survivors! Welcome to ARK News! :Jerbhi:

We are unfortunately crunched for time this week and won't be able to write up a proper Community Crunch. But here is what's going on in the world of ARK!

Mysterious Mysteries: Introducing ???????

large.Dossier_CaveCrabTorn.jpg.6a9f88db9

What an intriguing discovery survivors, can you guess what creature it is? 

Aberration Update!

large.AB_5.jpg.d3cc2e82b953b4a1904423212

You may have noticed many of the developers on social media have been more quiet than usual, and that's because the team has been making incredible progress on Aberration. We know that you're all eager to hear a date for Aberration release, it's coming! We'll be updating our release date and sharing it with you all very soon. Everyone will be able to visit and enjoy the world of Aberration before 2017 is out.

Xbox One X Release!

On Monday we released ARK on the Xbox One X with enhanced graphics (HDR, True Sky, Detail Mode and more) for Day One of the Xbox One X launch. Check out the comparison video below!

We also released our newest live action trailer! Revisit the ARK island as our hapless new survivor now "Respawns" and finds an unlikely friend. Produced by the award-winning PIXOMONDO team, including Executive Producer Mandie Briney, the VFX Supervisor from Game Of Thrones, Sven Martin, and CEO Thilo Kuther.

Xbox Play Anywhere & Crossplay Update!

large.593ee5fb07123_SteamARKKeyArt.jpg.5

We are currently in the final stages of testing the Windows 10 version of ARK, which will bring with it Crossplay between Xbox and the Windows 10 version of ARK on PC. We expect the update to be available in Early December after it goes through a submission process (cert) similar to console, which is a multi-week approval process. We're very excited to get this out to players as we know you have been waiting and are eager to experience it. We'll keep you posted as it enters and processes through cert.

Rentable Xbox Servers & Official Saves!

As I am sure many of you are aware our rentable servers update cleared certification and went out on Monday. Since then many have asked when their official save data will be available, as it can be hosted via Nitrado on your rented server. We will be working on this over the weekend, and will provide a link here on this post as well as on Twitter once the process is finished. This will include all of the legacy PVE servers on all platforms. (We cannot provide PVP servers, as it would give unfair advantage to people playing on those servers by allowing people to snoop through others bases with the save files.)

Want to host your own server? Check out Nitrado!

NA Season Pass Skins!

large.ReaperHelmet.png.53d7f35b0b5c05719 large.PugMask.png.32230aca31ed2a57b1f5a7

While Season Pass skins are already available to most, they are not currently being awarded properly to those under Sony America. Sony NA will have the Season Pass skins working soon, hopefully on 20th of November. It should be a relatively easily fix, they just have to process through their backend with the current build. Once that happens, you'll be able to sport your Reaper Helmet and Pug Mask all over the ARK!

Console Ragnarok Update!

large.59850bdd16e8a_Ragnarok01.jpg.39799

For our console Survivors curious about when they will be able to get their hands on the most recent desert Ragnarok update, an upcoming patch will be coming in December that will bring it line with current spec of PC. 

ARK: Evolution Event Weekend!

large.EvoEvent.png.eeb58694dd9d4cb1e3459

Survivors across ALL Platforms will be receiving a special Evolution Event perk this weekend! It's already live now and will remain active until Monday the 13th at 12 PM EST. All Official Servers will be undergoing this evolutionary change which includes:

2x Harvesting Rate
2x Taming Rate
2x EXP Rate

That's it for this post guys! As always if you’ve got anything to share please get in touch and be sure to follow us on:

Twitter: twitter.com/survivetheark
Facebook: facebook.com/survivetheark
Reddit: reddit.com/r/playark
Instagram: instagram.com/survivetheark

All the best,
Studio Wildcard

:Jerblove:

View full article

• Thanks 1

I really don't want to be that guy but you guys said we would get a concrete release date sometime after twitchcon. I know that you said here it'll be revealed soon but then again that's what you said about aberration when the first trailer dropped. I guess all I'm saying is that I hope the date comes out sooner rather than later.

RAGNAROK UPDATE NOT COMING UNTIL DECEMBER for consoles? 2-3 months after the PC update came out? What happened to keeping consoles in line with PC? NTM Aberration is massively delayed. Consoles won't see that poop until spring. WILDCARD has the laziest worse Devs in the Pro gaming world. DON'T BUY THE DLC UNTIL ITS ACTUALLY OUT! See if you actually want to play it in 2024.

Edited by Hawkin

*Sigh* Every day the same old story. "In October", "after some weeks", "ETA after Twitchcon", "ETA very soon", and now "before 2017 is out" .. Just tell us already that you don't even plan to release it on November but somewhere at late December or even later whatever, instead of hyping us all the time just to delay again. People are getting tired of it. And as I said in one of the posts before, not because of the delay itself, cause most of the people and myself included, would like to get a finished content few months later, than unplayable crap that would need 20 patches to even be playable. But because of that sad circle of you guys hyping us and then delaying, which repeats over and over again, and brings frustration. If you're not ready to post the date, just don't do it. Tease the content but don't give us ETA's you cannot fulfill. It will make much better experience for everyone instead of getting people angry every time.

Edited by Filvandrel
  • Like 1

• Volunteer Moderator

Although we all know what the Mysterious Mystery is..... it's that thing from Stranger Things 2! :o

Woot Aberration's getting closer! The days fly by so fast these days it will be here before we know it! And in the meantime we still got the rest of ARK to enjoy until then! :Jerblove:

• Facepalm 1

Ypu guys realise some of us bought another xbox to run full time swrvers right. Cause all of our servers are becoming less and less populated because of stuff like this wc. You guys are great at what u do as far as suspense goes lol. But dont u thonk its time to actually make the game what u said it would be. Allow us to have more power on our dedis guys. Prim+ should allow for the original engrams as well as others in the allow engrams list. Flywrs should be as fast as we want them to be. We should be able to summon or even naturaly spawn the bosses and tame them in either a smaller form or weaker form. And for christ sakes guys give us a full on finished dlc or fix evry thing else first beforw you shoot for morw revenue. Again love u wc, now get it together.

27 minutes ago, GP said:

Although we all know what the Mysterious Mystery is..... it's that thing from Stranger Things 2! :o

Woot Aberration's getting closer! The days fly by so fast these days it will be here before we know it! And in the meantime we still got the rest of ARK to enjoy until then! :Jerblove:

Im also very excited about actually being able to play the game on my own cluster now that legacy saves are being released!

Because for months my options have been play on my legacy server with all the foul mouthed griefing brats that have emerged since support was removed and lose more dinos under the map.Or play on a new server where i cant even tame a dodo.

Heck I might even be able to convince my friend who lost his character and in turn 2 years work and got no help to come back with the promise of proper support on my cluster.

Good times ahead indeed.

5 hours ago, Fukdapegos said:

I really don't want to be that guy but you guys said we would get a concrete release date sometime after twitchcon. I know that you said here it'll be revealed soon but then again that's what you said about aberration when the first trailer dropped. I guess all I'm saying is that I hope the date comes out sooner rather than later.

I am pretty sure they said they would releas aberration in October it even says that at the end of the trailer for it on YouTube. Now i know that we all weren't expecting it to releas on time but 2 months later. ( i know it has not been 2 months since but it will release 2 months late).

WC has been working on this game for over 2,5 years and yet cannot estimate how much time they would need to finish planned features for Abberation, owing to the fact everything they worked on was delayed more or less. Does anyone there have some common sense? October deadline couldn't be reached and now we have no clue when the DLC would be released before the end of 2017 (hopefully), it tells me one thing. WC is so overambitious that they set up goals they cannot reach realistically with such small team. Also, I would recommand changing an employee who is responsible for project management, because he does very poor job.

Edited by Lewiatan

Well well well... We all know for the last 3 years that communication is not your strong point WC... so much so the only communication we do get as a community is a recycled repeat of a delay notice, which frankly now is unnacceptable...  STOP announcing ETA's until you actually can do the "estimated time of arrival"! A continuation of this practise is simply disrespectful to your consumers and frankly is a MAJOR turn OFF. I would even go so far to say that its very misrepresentative, and I am sure this would put you in a legally gray area...

Any business in any industry doing this kind of stuff would go bust faster than you can say the word, because in the end YOU will lose the user's confidence in your product.

Get yourselves a communication plan together so that you can release information in a propper concise and timely manner like all other publishers do. Yes delay can happen but NOT EVERY TIME!
Don't go announcing things  fresh out of a brainstorm if you don't even have a functioning concept to show!

Your game is fun and I am sure its also a Mammoth task to maintain and manage,  but my patience is growing ultra thin, so much so that, I won't be buying the season pass and I am quite tempted to just alltogether pack it in and play another game made by a developer who actually understands media communications and more importantly adopts sound marketing principles when selling their products.

I really hope you read this and reflect on how you can improve your internal business processes so that you can deliver this awsome product you envisaged 3 years ago without all the negatives associated to it.

Heck, get in touch with me, I'll happily discuss and offer advice on organisational processing.

@Jeremy Stieglitz @Jatheish @Jen @ARK 

• Thanks 2