Monica9692

Right now anyone, with the absolute minimum of permissions, can destroy and kill everything in the tribe even in PvE so inviting strangers is pretty dangerous. Although if you can find a group that'll trust you and that you can trust a tribe can be a massive amount of fun.

No more having to collect resources, tame, breed, or fight on your own...unless your tribemates are lazy.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/10/2017 at 4:19 PM, Vrallox said:

Right now anyone, with the absolute minimum of permissions, can destroy and kill everything in the tribe even in PvE so inviting strangers is pretty dangerous. Although if you can find a group that'll trust you and that you can trust a tribe can be a massive amount of fun.

No more having to collect resources, tame, breed, or fight on your own...unless your tribemates are lazy.

In my almost 2000 hours pvp experience 99.9% of your tribemates will be lazy and eventually everyone stops playing. The last tribe i ran we had almost 30 people, only 1 other person actually sat on the anky and sometimes brought in pearls and crystal. Otherwise I basically solo'ed  into alpha @ 500 hours incl. breeding 40 dinos for boss battles over several weeks no one could be bothered to build housing for. When no one played for the last 300 hours or month I got offlined wiped.  Dont do a treehouse. Especially now with the upcoming turret nerf. I had 500 turrets myself. It was a lot of fun, I had a lot of great experiences, just not about I had to do everything myself.

One guy was like I'm more than happy to use your resources/dinos, I just won't bother gathering them. Its a sentiment shared by many. If someone does do something, its only for themselves. The game is actually quite a bit of a time sink.

On 11/11/2017 at 12:48 AM, Monica9692 said:

What's it like joining a tribe? Better than playing single player? Have been thinking about joining online I'm just not sure how it works and what it's like? Opinions?

This depends entirely on the tribe you are joining, the purpose for joining said tribe and what your expectations are.
Our tribe for example is a tight-knit group of family members and close friends, and we operate according the "Space Bunny Manual".
We have a unique playstyle that's not for everyone, but we are open and welcome to everyone.

So what are you looking for to get from a Tribe?
What can you contribute to a tribe?

Archived