Dye making secrets?

jenea

Hello folks!

Lately I've gotten into painting in-game on the various sign-like objects (billboards, flags, painting canvasses, etc.). I'm having fun with it but the dye-making process makes me want to stab myself in the face. Specifically, getting a reasonable quantity of hard-to-craft colors (like "tan") without wasting berries on common colors (like "yellow") seems to be impossible. This is an especial bummer when painting multi-canvas murals.

Does anyone have any tips for making dyes quickly and efficiently? I'm using a plumbed industrial cooker. I'm hoping the answer isn't going back to a regular cooking pot and/or only adding exactly the right amounts of berries to the pot.

Thanks in advance!

I'm not sure if there is a good answer for you, but if you think about it none of the ingredients are hard to come by.  If you have a good berry gatherer, Trike, Stego, Theri, Bronto then having gallons of berries to do the job shouldn't be an issue.  Same goes for charcoal and fiber.  Sure you get too many of the colors you aren't looking for but no one says you have to keep them...

Agreed on the "recipes" concept. Finding the ingredients definitely isn't the issue, it's more that I want a giant stack of, say, "mud" and I'm getting everything else. If you're painting a billboard it hardly matters but if you're painting 40 canvases (an 8x5 mural, say), it starts to get really annoying.

*pout*

On ‎11‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 5:29 AM, jenea said:

Hello folks!

Lately I've gotten into painting in-game on the various sign-like objects (billboards, flags, painting canvasses, etc.). I'm having fun with it but the dye-making process makes me want to stab myself in the face. Specifically, getting a reasonable quantity of hard-to-craft colors (like "tan") without wasting berries on common colors (like "yellow") seems to be impossible. This is an especial bummer when painting multi-canvas murals.

Does anyone have any tips for making dyes quickly and efficiently? I'm using a plumbed industrial cooker. I'm hoping the answer isn't going back to a regular cooking pot and/or only adding exactly the right amounts of berries to the pot.

Thanks in advance!

There are various mods out there that make painting much easier that some unofficial servers employ on Steam.  Whether this would be something you would find works for you or not I don't know.

Archived