Jasonc

MANTICORE BOSS FIGHT HELP!

Recommended Posts

Okay so I wanna do easy manticore and I have a friend who says that the easy manticore is the easiest boss fight there is, well I've never done it befor and I watched a few videos and doing it with just rexs seems like an impossible task.....I have 16 rexs all with 30k health (some a little more) and 450 melee(some past 500) is it possible to do easy manticore with these rexs? Is it Easier then what it looks? And is there any thing I need to know befor I do this?

Edited by Jasonc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Destro said:

I was planning on trying the medium-hard soon with base 10k 380%. Hopefully this weekend after my next generation of rexes full grows. Still need a decent rex saddle BP though.

Here's a tip: you can do hard with those stats. I would suggest pumping straight damage (or a few in hp if you really want vs worms and golems) and nothing else. Manticore does very low damage but extreme torpor, which you have no control over.

Your real enemy is the arena timer, as it sometimes decides to not land. We farm alpha all the time but once in a while (and becoming more and more frequent) it spends like 16 of the 20 minutes just flying around and never landing: just leveling damage helps you get the extra damage for the moments when it does land.

Keep in mind that leveling your rexes in this manner makes their viability questionable versus island bosses.

Edited by Wazzamaniac

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Wazzamaniac said:

Here's a tip: you can do hard with those stats. I would suggest pumping straight damage (or a few in hp if you really want vs worms and golems) and nothing else. Manticore does very low damage but extreme torpor, which you have no control over.

Your real enemy is the arena timer, as it sometimes decides to not land. We farm alpha all the time but once in a while (and becoming more and more frequent) it spends like 16 of the 20 minutes just flying around and never landing: just leveling damage helps you get the extra damage for the moments when it does land.

Keep in mind that leveling your rexes in this manner makes their viability questionable versus island bosses.

My main group is based on the center. I just did my first boss fight this last weekend versus the brood/mega and was only able to kill the brood, since they both joined in. At the time i was using the throw-aways from my breeds, 6-8k health 280-370% melee. And even though I lost, I got really close. I was told by a couple others that like 10 of the new gen would be fine. I'll probably pump to like 15k and then melee and see how that goes, if that's your recommendation. This time I may have an alliance instead of solo, cause some others from my server wanted to join in. They may even bring some rexes. Thanks for the info!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Destro said:

My main group is based on the center. I just did my first boss fight this last weekend versus the brood/mega and was only able to kill the brood, since they both joined in. At the time i was using the throw-aways from my breeds, 6-8k health 280-370% melee. And even though I lost, I got really close. I was told by a couple others that like 10 of the new gen would be fine. I'll probably pump to like 15k and then melee and see how that goes, if that's your recommendation. This time I may have an alliance instead of solo, cause some others from my server wanted to join in. They may even bring some rexes. Thanks for the info!

No problem. And yes, it's better with other players because of their reaction time, they can charge at the manticore and predict where it will land. Plus they do more dps

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Woo, more number crunching!

Easy Manticore has 10k HP. It deals 60(Yes, 60) hp per melee hit, and its most devastating attack is its poison spit, which deals 100 damage per ball (~4-5 balls, so lets say 500 damage). Compared to the Megapithecus, or even the Broodmother, the Manticore is a REAL pushover - Even hard mode, which is only double the damage, and 60% more HP at 16k HP.

 

Its... poopting easy. The actual threats are the Death Worms and Rock Elementals. The timer is also a threat, since the Manticore can just bug out and fly around all boss fight - But, a decent assault rifle/compound bow with a LOT of arrows will allow a single player to steadily kill it while its in the air, it'll just be hella expensive.

 

You can bring flyers into the Manticore arena too.  Got a flock of Argents that you never use anymore now that you got a few quetzals/wyverns? Just gather them up, slap a good saddle on em, and go into the arena - As long as they aren't absolute crap, the Argents will kill the Manticore while you go take a poop, watch porn, ect. On hard mode, I just bring in my argent killing flock - Its less threatening on PvP servers then 20 rexes/wyverns, and gets the job done quick. Manticore has poop aim for Air vs Air for its breath, and its melee tickles.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/26/2017 at 12:11 AM, Frogspoison said:

Woo, more number crunching!

Easy Manticore has 10k HP. It deals 60(Yes, 60) hp per melee hit, and its most devastating attack is its poison spit, which deals 100 damage per ball (~4-5 balls, so lets say 500 damage). Compared to the Megapithecus, or even the Broodmother, the Manticore is a REAL pushover - Even hard mode, which is only double the damage, and 60% more HP at 16k HP.

 

Its... poopting easy. The actual threats are the Death Worms and Rock Elementals. The timer is also a threat, since the Manticore can just bug out and fly around all boss fight - But, a decent assault rifle/compound bow with a LOT of arrows will allow a single player to steadily kill it while its in the air, it'll just be hella expensive.

 

You can bring flyers into the Manticore arena too.  Got a flock of Argents that you never use anymore now that you got a few quetzals/wyverns? Just gather them up, slap a good saddle on em, and go into the arena - As long as they aren't absolute crap, the Argents will kill the Manticore while you go take a poop, watch porn, ect. On hard mode, I just bring in my argent killing flock - Its less threatening on PvP servers then 20 rexes/wyverns, and gets the job done quick. Manticore has poop aim for Air vs Air for its breath, and its melee tickles.

This is actually exciting since im breeding argent mainly and have no real use of them other than packing metal and kill some giga occationally for fun.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, JZhong said:

This is actually exciting since im breeding argent mainly and have no real use of them other than packing metal and kill some giga occationally for fun.

Pump melee and they will bring him down in no time. 8 lightning wyverns with 10k hp and 500 melee will beat hard every time, enable lightning attack, whistle attack at the manticore, sit on rex and wait lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now