2X?

Balteraxe

4 minutes ago, Weiss said:

Or just make them a regular thing like every other weekend, once a month, only on full moon or something, so we can plan.

1 minute ago, phantom55 said:

rare but regular :)

shouldnt be imposibile pre-scheduling evo event weeks.

Yeah good points. Would rather it was more often not an event than so, as to keep it special. Definitely, communication would be key, it wouldnt be hard to give a week or two notice. 

I also wish they would change it up a bit. The standard evo event gets a bit 'boring', dont get me wrong its great as is but would be nice to have some variation. You know maybe throw in a different type of 'evo event' with a dodorex for the giggles, some other type of boosted server stat,special drops, or something. 

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, Romanutz said:

I’m just asking no need to give your snippy  opinion yes and no works for me. Also I work 10 days  I don’t know about all of you but I’m not going to revolve my life around a game. X2 helps out a lot.

Then I highly suggest using this instead of creating a new thread if you just want to quickly find out:

https://arkdevtracker.com

Keep an eye on the twitters. They always announce when an event happens

8 minutes ago, akumaspkplayer said:

Nothing with snippy everyone works and has a life but to revolve your schedule around a x2 event or not is rediculous just don't play and find a game where your not just waiting for a special event and if it doesn't happen you don't play kinda a waste of money imo but to each there own !

Which reminds me. Another reason I wish they would have them less often is that they could have them over a longer period of time. Not everyone works 9 to 5, monday to friday. God forbid people work at weekends. I missed so many events because I work all weekend.

7 minutes ago, AngrySaltire said:

Yeah good points. Would rather it was more often not an event than so, as to keep it special. Definitely, communication would be key, it wouldnt be hard to give a week or two notice. 

I also wish they would change it up a bit. The standard evo event gets a bit 'boring', dont get me wrong its great as is but would be nice to have some variation. You know maybe throw in a different type of 'evo event' with a dodorex for the giggles, some other type of boosted server stat,special drops, or something.  Fv

q 

I agree  let's have alpha giga event clear up some of these tame cap servers or something exciting like world bosses that spawn randomly and the server come together to kill jt

50 minutes ago, LouSpowells said:

Then people need to stop planning for a 2x weekend. Plan for a 1x weekend, and be stoked about the 2x weekends when they occur. That plan is penicillin for disappointment and entitlement.

So people are planning for the events that have happened literally every single weekend for at least the last year? The ones that allow them to tame things they might not have been able to tame without them? The ones that allow busy people to do things in ark they might not otherwise be able to do?

Outrageous that someone would plan for something that happens every single weekend. And even more outrageous that they might get annoyed when that event does not occur.

Sheesh. Some people.

6 minutes ago, LPTF said:

So people are planning for the events that have happened literally every single weekend for at least the last year? The ones that allow them to tame things they might not have been able to tame without them? The ones that allow busy people to do things in ark they might not otherwise be able to do?

Outrageous that someone would plan for something that happens every single weekend. And even more outrageous that they might get annoyed when that event does not occur.

Sheesh. Some people.

The last year ? Seriously not. The last 3 months (?) since launch yes. But before launch they were not that regular. 

4 minutes ago, LPTF said:

Sheesh. Some people.

They did get pretty regular leading up to and just after launch, for obvious reasons.

Apparently that was a mistake, as people tend to have very short memories and say things like "it has always happened so why shouldn't we expect it".  It has happened in the very recent past, yes, for reasons that should be no surprise to anyone... but that is just the recent past and not an indication of how ARK has been for most of it's existence, or how it will be in the future.

Lighten up folks, they are supposed to be pleasant surprises... not predictable events that disadvantage people that frequently work on the weekends.  ;)

1 hour ago, AngrySaltire said:

The problem is now evolution event are too often now to the point people expect it (I swear I say this every week). I mean since launch I think there has only been a couple with out them. These events are no longer special and people now rely on them. When the evolution events are this often, it takes the point of playing during the week out of it. Wish the devs would up the base rates (if nothing else it would stop the flooding of the constant 2x threads on a friday) and do away with evo events, or make these events not a regular thing.

I been playing this game since launch and this will be the first weekend without an event is it doesn't start.

After last week 8x I understand they want to take a pause but I would still appreciate a 2x exp, gathering to help noobs like me who are not even level 100 yet.

If there is no event in a weekend just plz let us know.  Some of us have jobs and families and Ark is a very time-intensive game.  Sometimes 2x is the difference between being able play the game or not.  Events are most weekends so the assumption is that there will be one.  If there will not be one just please let us know.

Communication is all we ask.

1 minute ago, Zaviel said:

If there is no event in a weekend just plz let us know.  Some of us have jobs and families and Ark is a very time-intensive game.  Sometimes 2x is the difference between being able play the game or not.  Events are most weekends so the assumption is that there will be one.  If there will not be one just please let us know.

Communication is all we ask.

LOL, Zaviel, really.  What part of "these events are supposed to be occasional surprises" did  you not understand?  :D

1 minute ago, Zaviel said:

It's not a surprise if it happens regularly most weekends.  Starts the same time and ends the same time.

The last few months around launch, yes (as we've already pointed out in this thread).  That was not the case for most of ARKS history, and will probably not be the case for it's future.

Archived