some legacy servers have delete countdown timer some dont

OttoGrunf

hello all,

quick question for adminsitration

@Jatheish @Jeremy Stieglitz

you stated that there another round of legacy servers will be deleted 3 months after first round, thats in 20 days. friend of mine told me his legacy cluster server have countdown timer, our legacy island dont have countdown timer. doest that mean its safe for next 3 months (untill end of february)? i urge you to be more transparent on your plans regarding legacy servers. not much people is left there anyway, so try to appriciate us buying your product and inform us on timely and transparrent maner how long we can play on legacy servers.

thanks!

1 hour ago, OttoGrunf said:

hello all,

quick question for adminsitration

@Jatheish @Jeremy Stieglitz

you stated that there another round of legacy servers will be deleted 3 months after first round, thats in 20 days. friend of mine told me his legacy cluster server have countdown timer, our legacy island dont have countdown timer. doest that mean its safe for next 3 months (untill end of february)? i urge you to be more transparent on your plans regarding legacy servers. not much people is left there anyway, so try to appriciate us buying your product and inform us on timely and transparrent maner how long we can play on legacy servers.

thanks!

I think you should probably get some clarification from your friend as to what timer he/she was actually talking about.

45 minutes ago, Ranger1 said:

I think you should probably get some clarification from your friend as to what timer he/she was actually talking about.

its his crossark cluster server, and he is talking about server closing counter with 20 days on it. visible when you spawn. i'm still waiting for screenshot, but he have no reason to lie, he was surprised that our island dont have that timer. and it would be nice if @Jatheish or @Jeremy Stieglitz clear this our and state plans and deadlines for legacy servers. show us that you care about players and community on official servers. thanks!

• Wildcard Community

The only servers that have a countdown timer (or should) are Extinction servers. These timers show up on the spawn screen in the top right side in bright red. This could be an extinction server he/she is playing on as those did reset 10 days ago and run for 30 days. Please get some more info and we can certainly look into this if it's actually occurring on a non--extinction server.

i'm still waiting on that screen shot too. but to be honest, that doesn't change thing that @Jatheish and @Jeremy Stieglitz should give us information about fate of legacy servers. please be good to ark community and give us info so we have enough time if legacy will be deleted or so we can continue playing there without fear that our work will be deleted and we will not feel let down and foolish for investing next weeks on legacy servers.

thanks for your understanding us all, wildcard

2 minutes ago, OttoGrunf said:

i'm still waiting on that screen shot too. but to be honest, that doesn't change thing that @Jatheish and @Jeremy Stieglitz should give us information about fate of legacy servers. please be good to ark community and give us info so we have enough time if legacy will be deleted or so we can continue playing there without fear that our work will be deleted and we will not feel let down and foolish for investing next weeks on legacy servers.

thanks for your understanding us all, wildcard

My understanding was that after 3 months they would evaluate server populations and participation rates again, so at this point they wouldn't have made any determinations along that line.  I do understand your anxiety though. 

At least you'll be able to get the save file one way or another.

55 minutes ago, OttoGrunf said:

looks like countdown timer was on extinction server :( but that doesnt change that community that play on legacy should know whats their fate. please try to push wildcard to be open to community and tell us fate of legacy asap. thanks

I think it is important to understand that part of the premise of and what denotes a server to be Legacy is that it is a slow pulled Band-Aid.  They are for all intents and purposes, the expectation is for them to be repurposed in some fashion at some point down the road(unless the studio decides at a later date to alter this mind you).  This is why as well support for these servers was removed(well partly so.. other reasons too).

That said, if and when any future legacy servers are to be purged, they'll announce it with plenty of prominence and notification to those affected and time for those affected to make decisions on what to do from there).  Thus at this point no news means there's nothing they need to reassure you about because you already know that, for the most part, this will be a when and not an if.  You accept that by playing then on legacy servers as part of the conditions there of.   When a decision is made, then, you'll be one of the first to know.

people play on legacy for 2 reasons. they dont know its legacy servers (majority of players i stumbled upon) or becouse its impossible to play on new officials due to lag. me and my tribe are in second group. but it would be nice do we have 20 days more or 5 months. as we would start preparations for new officials on time

I believe that legacy will not be extinct. There is a legion of players who are still in the legacy. And every day new players enter these servers, establishing base and growing in gameplay. Many new players do not even know that there is this legacy distinction for new cluster.

But I have a doubt, that until now I have not found an answer. The new DLC Aberration will be launched also for the legacy servers ???

• Volunteer Moderator
4 minutes ago, arrojado1200 said:

The new DLC Aberration will be launched also for the legacy servers ???

It was clear since the beginning; legacy servers will continue to get updates and expansions. So yes, there should be legacy servers for aberration.

On 11/14/2017 at 5:03 AM, arrojado1200 said:

Excellent :D. Thanks for the great news.

Don't count on the devs to hold up to that though. Let me first say that I am far far from the dev-basher type that you generally find on the forums.... but lets not kid ourselves. Legacy died faster than anyone expected it to. There are very few tribes remaining, and even less in the coming weeks now that pve legacy saves went out.

All I'm saying is, is that you should be skeptical and consider that they might be in a position where releasing legacy aberration servers just isn't worth it, or worth launching any more than a couple servers, like how it was with Ragnarok before the purges began.

Archived