Paracer Build

MasterMinder7

What all can you do on a paracer platform? I've never built anything other than war platforms... I'm about to start a huge build project way away from my base and was wondering if I could make a crafting beast... smithy, grinder, chem bench, fabby, and industrial forge with a ramp leading up to it and a generator to power it. Would I be able to do that? Or if not a paracer what about a bronto or quetz?

2 hours ago, KrakenOverlord said:

What all can you do on a paracer platform? I've never built anything other than war platforms... I'm about to start a huge build project way away from my base and was wondering if I could make a crafting beast... smithy, grinder, chem bench, fabby, and industrial forge with a ramp leading up to it and a generator to power it. Would I be able to do that? Or if not a paracer what about a bronto or quetz?

I don't suggest it with a Paracer because of the limitations with the size and amount of structures allowed. I suggest a quetz unless you plan on gathering resources on the way there. Paracers are better for scouting near by resource runs. Any suggestions on war builds?

What utility builds do you have? Forge Paracers (high weight with a lot of Refining Forges and some storage) are very good, as are Meat Run Paracers (Industrial Grills and Refrigerators). Beyond that, maybe one with a Chem Bench that you can take into the swamps alongside a Megatherium to mass-produce Cementing Paste? I don't know. For a War Paracer, I'm not sure what does and doesn't work because of changes to how platforms work, but I'd generally recommend trying to protect one side of it with walls and putting a manned turret of some kind on top. If that doesn't work, then make a "safe house" of Metal with beds and supplies inside, boost straight Health, and put a turret of some kind on top.

9 hours ago, PuffyPony said:

What utility builds do you have? Forge Paracers (high weight with a lot of Refining Forges and some storage) are very good, as are Meat Run Paracers (Industrial Grills and Refrigerators). Beyond that, maybe one with a Chem Bench that you can take into the swamps alongside a Megatherium to mass-produce Cementing Paste? I don't know. For a War Paracer, I'm not sure what does and doesn't work because of changes to how platforms work, but I'd generally recommend trying to protect one side of it with walls and putting a manned turret of some kind on top. If that doesn't work, then make a "safe house" of Metal with beds and supplies inside, boost straight Health, and put a turret of some kind on top.

My builds all have forge, mortor pestal, smithy, and camp fires and my Paracer is strong enough to take you a lvl 30 rex.

When it comes to war with paracer, you need like 4 foundation with walls/ceiling around it, and on his butt, you dont put a wall but a doorframe so you can get to the enemys wall to place your C4, go in and turn off the gene if you can (hopefuly not full of turrets inside)

Edit

I find this one awesome but i doubt u can still build it this way

maxresdefault.jpg

Playing on official PvE. I used my paracer for prime meat runs. Stone hut, inside generator, grill, fridge, bed. Ladder to the roof and an omnidirectional lamp post on it so I can see at night everywhere. Sometimes I took a pelagornis with me (to get air overview) that is small enough to be parked on roof. But gotta be careful because bugs attack it and big predators can reach it.

Also I used my paracer for building. To reach higher spots. The lamp post again helps me seeing at night, pelagornis to get overview, and paracer carries a lot.

War Paracers are very good. 

However their role is simple. Stat nothing but health. Put a small structure over the rider to protect them from bullets/picking then walk them into enemy turrets and feed it sweet cake and drain their ammo. Then when all the non-survivor only targeting turrets are drained walk up to enemy wall open the door of the structure and toss c4 or shoot rockets. 

I have used a Paracer as taming support, so cupboards, beds, fridge and fire, no risk of pego stealing kibble. Also good for the snow areas with a house on back and fireplace, even Ballista on top. Also have one with a mobile taming cage attached to rear which I have used for catching direbears and sabres.  On PVE we can not pick up and drop into a taming pen, so can take the pen to the target. Also have used as spotting platform with high structure. Just a few ideas.

I built it specifically to catch dire bears and still use it for other creatures, just got 2 baryonx yesterday using it.  Was able to carry the second one back to base and tame in comfort. Not elegant but workable, basically ceiling out back with pillar going down then 2x2 ceiling base at ground level with door sides and ramp at back.  At work at present but will try to remember to post picture tonight. 

On ‎12‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 5:11 AM, johnm81 said:

War Paracers are very good. 

However their role is simple. Stat nothing but health. Put a small structure over the rider to protect them from bullets/picking then walk them into enemy turrets and feed it sweet cake and drain their ammo. Then when all the non-survivor only targeting turrets are drained walk up to enemy wall open the door of the structure and toss c4 or shoot rockets. 

Bronto's are better at what you described. The real beauty of a carefully designed War Paracer is the ability to march right up to a bunch of turrets and have your sidekick throw C4/grenades at them from complete safety. It takes some trial and error to get the build right but is worth it. It's a lot faster then draining all the turrets.

4 minutes ago, Oldkane said:

I built it specifically to catch dire bears and still use it for other creatures, just got 2 baryonx yesterday using it.  Was able to carry the second one back to base and tame in comfort. Not elegant but workable, basically ceiling out back with pillar going down then 2x2 ceiling base at ground level with door sides and ramp at back.  At work at present but will try to remember to post picture tonight. 

A mobile land taming pen. That's a really neat idea for a paracer build. I'm gonna do that.

And the creatures don't glitch out when you're moving the paracer?

And I assume they can't hit the paracer through the walls?

The  creatures can glitch out if the Paracer climbs anything really steep, otherwise it is fine. In terms of hitting the Paracer mostly they cant, very occasionally something is inside that can, like dilos firing though the doors. However my Paracer is bred with high hp imprinted,  so never in danger of dying.

4 minutes ago, Oldkane said:

The  creatures can glitch out if the Paracer climbs anything really steep, otherwise it is fine. In terms of hitting the Paracer mostly they cant, very occasionally something is inside that can, like dilos firing though the doors. However my Paracer is bred with high hp imprinted,  so never in danger of dying.

I'm just always worried that I encounter a giga when I'm out with my paracer. If the giga sees it it's done because it can't run away fast enough.

If on island you are fairly safe in the redwoods and beach by river, Giga is fairly easy to spot.  I prefer doing my taming on the ground up close and personal for most things, hence the mobile build.  I have never had problems with wild Giga except where I go after it, although I do remember a tribe rafting up the river thinking a Giga was a rex until it attacked the raft.

59 minutes ago, AdligerAdler said:

I'm just always worried that I encounter a giga when I'm out with my paracer. If the giga sees it it's done because it can't run away fast enough.

1) Take the giga aggro on your own char, run away from the paracer with the giga following you. Mov speed on char is still pretty nice so u might just survive long enough to take him far from paracer, then spawn back on it with a bed

2) Take a dino on your paracer like a dimorph full HP to throw at the giga to occupy him the time you go far enough so that it forgets you

On 11/9/2017 at 6:16 PM, MasterMinder7 said:

I have two Paracer's, both with utility builds on their platform. I like the Paracer better than a Bronto when it comes to travelling. I want a PvP Paracer and maybe another utility build too. Do you guys have any idea's for builds?

I know of some pretty cool builds where you can back up the paracer to a building and place c4 on there wall without getting shot.

3 hours ago, Oldkane said:

As mentioned here is a view of the mobile taming pen I use.  I have bed, smithy, mortar and pestle and storage cupboard on top, and soemtimes a preserving bin.  Playing primitive so no electronics sorry.

Parapen.jpg

Thx for the pic. In deed not elegant. You still can add structures if I counted correctly (26), like closing the gap between foundations and walls so that the paracer is more protected. And how do bears stay in an only 1 wall high taming pen? In my pen they can climb over 2 walls high so I have to build 3 high.

I'll show you mine when I have it done.

Bears seem to stay inside okay,, possibly I had it higher with less items on top but cannot remember as have not got one in a while. Good luck with your build, curious to see if you have problems with getting the ramps on.  Paracer protection does not matter for bears etc as they cannot hit through the wall, the rex was just something that we came across and could not pass up, obviously it had height to hit the paracer, but most of its attacks were against the stone anyway.  Looking forward to seeing your picture.

Archived