Your luckiest moments

Lurtz

My luckiest moment happend a few days after Ragnarok became official, and I was exploring the map on my ptera, when I ended up flying too close to the dragon trench (I’d never played on the map before, I was a noob when it came to the layout of Ragnarok). So all of a sudden a fire wyvern shows up, and starts chasing me. It came so close to hitting me several times, all of a sudden it disappears. Idk whether it despawned (does that happen?) or if it found something else to eat, but I got away with full health.  

Another lucky moment: I was on the same server a few weeks later, and I was investigating a nearby base (was planning to drain a few bullets, kite their dinos, etc, when this dude on a griffin picks me up. Probably was gonna fly up high and drop me, idk. Anyways, as he’s flying me up to the top of the world, the server lags and we’re teleported back to the ground, so low that his griffin drops me, and I escape with my life (it was pitch black, and I guess his gamma wasn’t very high, so my getaway was easy).

Just yesterday I was at volcano island killing alphas with my trusty argie "Cartwright" I tamed him at 150 and have done nothing but kill alphas with it..my trusty stead

So yeah Im fighting this 100 alpha rex , using the lava to my advantage when I stop for stamina on one of those land bridges that goes over the lava flows. Hopped off my bird to try for a few headshots... Wasn't quite paying attention as I couldn't see the rex, then out of nowhere it comes barreling up the bridge to my left , my god are they fast when you're on foot. I had Cartwright parked like ten ..fifteen steps away cause he's got a habit of flapping his wings and pushing me off stuff. 

I don't know how I got back to him in time but he took the damage from the rex bite and I nearly shat my pants as we made our very narrow escape. 

Cartwright got the kill and only a few meh items out of it. I think a journeyman sickle and an apprentice recurve bow. 

The loot was lame but at the moment my heart was doing a marathon

Definitely one of my luckiest moments 

My Moment happened not log ago on scorched earth 90. I kibble tamed a thorny dragon and while kiting it back to base everything and there grandma aggroed it and killed it. Needless to say i was upset. I got so fed up i logged out and went to the store to buy my grecories for the week and as i was leaving got a facebook message from a tribemate that there was a server crash and roll back. i rushed home and was shocked that it was still alive and back at the moment where it was fully tamed. me and a tribe mate got it safely back to base and to this day that is the only time i have been greatfull for a rollback.

On 11/12/2017 at 4:29 PM, rororoxor said:

OH MY GOD WHERE DO I BEGIN

i was trying to lure a manta for taming into a trap w/ my frog, and suddenly i got pinned in place by 3 mantas, all trying to murder me (this was before frog underwater attack ability). I was able to dismount in between manta hits and whistle my fog to the surface and onto land w/ 60 hp remaining. And I snagged the manta :) 

That sounds like it would be utterly terrifying O.e

Mine would have to be, when I was wandering through the wild on my favorite warhawk (Argy) and suddenly I was set upon by a wild wyvern. It wasn't an alpha or anything but it hit me once and I went down to like a 1/4 HP. So I panicked and flew as fast as I could towards the ground and then straight back up. I created enough distance that when I went towards the spire rocks south of scar in highlands (on rag) I ended up flying right towards a turret box. I banked right and stayed low with the dragon still behind me trying to hit me with poison. I freaked out and when I turned to go into the ravine I flew right past a giga, the wyvern hit the giga, the giga turned and I guess chomped at it and they started fighting. I escaped with close to like 70 health and a very bloody argy but we both survived and I called it quits for a few hours that day lol. 

On 11/9/2017 at 8:45 PM, Critter said:

I was riding my doed along the beach on center with my tribemate on a quetzal  nearby when a nearby giga aggroed to me. Right before he made the first much my tribemate picked me up on the quetz. It was one of those perfect  timing moments. I sat there, sad, embracing my fate but then I got lifted into the air!!

bwahahaha I would of loved to see that!

On 11/9/2017 at 8:53 PM, Pic1 said:

Heh, I remember my friend spawning on the highlands... right next to a giga. And before he can even scream, it looks at him, turns around and runs away.

But as far as I can recall, one of my luckiest moments is when I was running from a few wyvs on my own bloody wyv, run out of stamina and had to land. They fly right up to me and then start circling a lymantria instead lol.

Gotta love the random creature spawns lol

On 11/9/2017 at 9:06 PM, MandaBear said:

Back when I first started playing ark, I learned the basics on single player since I was actually afraid to go onto official. After a few weeks I managed to tame 2 very low level raptors and decided to go running through the jungle with my friend (ya know since I was soo invincible on the back of those lol) Anyways fast forward and my friend has died and since the raptor was on neutral it took off into the forest. We searched for 2 hours, then constantly as we were moving around in the next 2 weeks before I moved to official. Never found it. Anyways fast forward about 6 months and I'm wiped on official so I go back to single player with my tribe with me from our server. We play on my server for like a month, then out of nowhere someone sees my raptor running through the trees. I rush over and see she is not only still alive, she also has 2 bronto spines in her inventory along with a few level ups! xD This was before diplo so I couldn't help but laugh and run around on her for 2 seconds before realizing she was still a crap level and putting her back up. B|

savage o.e the stories your raptor could tell though lol

On 11/9/2017 at 9:38 PM, KrakenOverlord said:

I've had soooo many lucky moments (not that I haven't had terribly unlucky moments also, lol) that it's hard to place them all. Therefore I'll go with my recent luckiest moment. Playing on rag we've been looking for a good quetz for about a week, but there just weren't any to be found. Our best one to date was a level 90 and when we got him down he had what the dododex rated as "very low" weight. One day I wake up super early and bored, I log into ark and decide to fly around aimlessly. Then I see a beautiful looking black and green quetz. I look through my spyglass and it's 150!! I'm on my wyvern (didn't have a griffin or a quetz platform saddle yet). I texted both my friends that I figured might be awake and didn't get a response, so I just knew there was no hope of me bagging this thing. That's when I looked up from my phone and saw that she was stuck in the wall! I wasn't sure if it would work and my palms were sweating and heart pounding every time I shot a dart and she slightly moved but eventually she went down, and I was able to starve tame her with mutton without losing any levels!  *P.S she had "very high" weight and "high" health.

where in dododex do you see ratings? 

On 11/9/2017 at 10:32 PM, LadyCrescent said:

I’ve had a few really lucky ones, but the one that stands out follows:

I set out from my castle on Grand Peak with my very first hunting team of dimorphodons. Twenty-five strong, from the back of my command eagle, Helen of Troy. 

This was early in my career as a dimorphodon handler, and the first time I had decided to set out alone. Previously I’d always asked my friend to log into my non-dedicated to act as a second set of eyes to make sure no birds started straggling.

After maybe four or five hunts I felt confident enough to go out alone, and led the team up north to munch on Rexes, my favorite target. But we made our way from the top of the snow to just past the iceberg, casually wiping out the ecosystem before I led them home.

I had a very specific way of staging my team...captain in front; a special maroon bird named Clarise, who became my first and only encounter with the early-day Ark bug of random gender reassignment. Woke up one day and Clarise was a man, lol. And then rows of three down the length of the deploy bay.

And as I wrangled birds and plopped them back in place, I realized something absolutely horrifying: I was one bird shy of twenty-five.

I paced back and forth, ticking off names because I’m so pathetic I knew all my birds on sight, and realized it was my tan and yellow Ferra that was nowhere to be found.

I panicked, full anxiety attack hitting me like a ton of bricks as I sprinted down to the central aviary to trade out command eagle Helen for my battle eagle Horus, who was faster and had beefed up melee. And I set out, whistling and whistling and whistling away, retracing my flight path...and I saw no sign of her.

I reached the tip of the path and turned around, fear setting in harder by the second because I felt she should have heard my whistles, and then I saw her.

Hilarious Ark-logic completely encumbered, frozen midair among the snowy trees.

I had to park Horus and build a haphazard thatch tower to get high enough to reach her because she was slightly out of reach. But I got to her, dumped all but one stack of meat and perched her on my shoulder to return her safe and sound to her flock.

More than a year later I’m grateful every day that I went out of my way to kill literally each and every thing that I saw on the hunt, including the argents. If I’d left predators alive she would have been eaten long before I found her.

And it’s no small feat of luck I saw her at all...a nude-palate bird against snow and tree and brush.

That’s easily my luckiest day in Ark.

I didn't realize that dimors could do so much damage o.o? 

24 minutes ago, Lurtz said:

I didn't realize that dimors could do so much damage o.o? 

You would be astounded at the kind of devastation a flock of dimorphodons can cause, especially one as big as twenty-five. Just search on YouTube, there are plenty of very nice videos to demonstrate their effectiveness.

Some of their advantage comes from just being small and fast, so hitting them at all can be a challenge for wild dinos, but their main advantage (in my estimation) is the way that their AI is designed - they’re programmed to attack the body of a dino, not the head.

For a target like a T-Rex, that renders the poor thing helpless. I’ve seen on quite a few occasion a wild Rex lose to a single wild dimorphodon. You can watch the poor thing spinning helplessly in circles, unable to get to the tiny, angry murder-bird chomping away at its ribs.

Put enough birds in the air and I don’t believe there’s anything they can’t take down. 

They really are incredible, for such an easily attainable tame. There’s basically no problem I’ve encountered that can’t be solved with my hunting teams.

My bred birds on Xbox have gotten incredibly lethal. I breed for health and melee, and out a few levels in weight (to avoid the thing that happened to poor Ferra), and it’s not even a fair fight.

I could sing the praises of my favorite Ark critter all day, but the short answer is yes. Even twenty-five birds just scooped off the beach can leave a trail of devastation in their wake. ? 

On ‎11‎/‎18‎/‎2017 at 12:20 AM, LadyCrescent said:

You would be astounded at the kind of devastation a flock of dimorphodons can cause, especially one as big as twenty-five. Just search on YouTube, there are plenty of very nice videos to demonstrate their effectiveness.

Some of their advantage comes from just being small and fast, so hitting them at all can be a challenge for wild dinos, but their main advantage (in my estimation) is the way that their AI is designed - they’re programmed to attack the body of a dino, not the head.

For a target like a T-Rex, that renders the poor thing helpless. I’ve seen on quite a few occasion a wild Rex lose to a single wild dimorphodon. You can watch the poor thing spinning helplessly in circles, unable to get to the tiny, angry murder-bird chomping away at its ribs.

Put enough birds in the air and I don’t believe there’s anything they can’t take down. 

They really are incredible, for such an easily attainable tame. There’s basically no problem I’ve encountered that can’t be solved with my hunting teams.

My bred birds on Xbox have gotten incredibly lethal. I breed for health and melee, and out a few levels in weight (to avoid the thing that happened to poor Ferra), and it’s not even a fair fight.

I could sing the praises of my favorite Ark critter all day, but the short answer is yes. Even twenty-five birds just scooped off the beach can leave a trail of devastation in their wake. ? 

I use a similar tactic, but with my wolf pack. I'm up to 20 as of now and they are one of the most lethal forces I've ever encountered. they take out brontos and rexes even level 150 in seconds. I've yet to be brave enough to pit them against a giga but I'm almost sure they could do it.

Luckiest save was the other day I was out on my griffin, he had taken a few K of damage cause of a fall glitch and I had found a lvl 40 alpha carno, and I softened it up with  flame arrows. I went to sky dive on my griffin and there was some glitch where it couldn't find a hit spot so it slid around and slammed into the water *facepalm* so of course I got bucked off into the waiting jaws of the alpha carno. I was tanking it and trying to run (I was actually doing a pretty dang good job of tanking it too!) but then a troodon saw me and bit me and KOd me (meanwhile my griffin is flying around as I had whistled him on follow, I never leave my pets on passive) so of course I ended up dying, hop on the wyvern and speed back and the griffin was just out of reach of the alpha carno and not fighting him. Griffin was at half HP but still alive, set him in a tree platform and killed the carno.

Luckiest tame is I was out doing something, I don't remember what. I see this guy on a raptor I think it was running full speed being chased by a terror bird. In an effort to help I go after it (I was on my wyvern) and notice its a 150! I get it in my trap which was near by, and shout out to the guy thinking perhaps he had been kiting her to tame her. He said he was not (he had been taming a carno) so I got the go ahead and tamed her! 

Another time something happened and our internet went out for like 3 hours while I had been riding on my argent, I woke up near (not ON) a mountain and I had not died!

Luckiest?

I have most epic.

Came back to base to find a griffin with rider and sniper spyglassing base while a stego tanked turrets. 

They had been there maybe thirty seconds. 

Abandoned beaver i was riding, jumped on the giga that had been tamed eight hours before. Removed stego and rider. Taking fire from griffin sniper, parked giga back in base. Let alliance know of attack. Mounted ptera to harrass griffin, play waiting game. Ended up getting picked and dropped in the water. Into our hidden water pen. Enter our speed squid to battle, immediately turn and grab at the hovering griffin who was still looking for a shot at me. 

Squids cant grab fliers, but have no issue dismounting riders.

Or holding said rider underwater until they pass out from torpor.

Free gear. And the scream as the sniper died, unconcious, and stripped of his gear by me fifty feet underwater was delicious.

Allies show up, and i drown two more smarty pants with c4 and flippers demoing gates.

Squid could have beat them to death, but i felt letting them pass out, taking their gear, and then leaving them to die unconcious by drowning was far more demoralizing.

Their raid was less than successful.

OK so  i was on one of my tribe leaders favorite pteras, and anyways i was making my way over to the ice to farm polymer on the island map. Anyhow, as i was flying over the snow biome the game crashed. I quickly respawned at base (like on the other side of the damn map) and jumped onto another ptera, zooming over there as fast as i could. 5-6 mins later im looking for it and see that its landed and there were wolves and sabers every which way. It was getting attacked, and my character had fallen of during the crash, so i had to jump on the bird and find my possessions of ammo, rifle, ghilli and flak suit armor and other stuff in about 3 mins. I did. And i swear i've never ever made a trip like that again on my leaders favorite bird. Always a half-decent one.  Stressful. My luckiest moment was finding that ptera alive lol. 

Archived