Your luckiest moments

Lurtz

I was riding my doed along the beach on center with my tribemate on a quetzal  nearby when a nearby giga aggroed to me. Right before he made the first much my tribemate picked me up on the quetz. It was one of those perfect  timing moments. I sat there, sad, embracing my fate but then I got lifted into the air!!

Heh, I remember my friend spawning on the highlands... right next to a giga. And before he can even scream, it looks at him, turns around and runs away.

But as far as I can recall, one of my luckiest moments is when I was running from a few wyvs on my own bloody wyv, run out of stamina and had to land. They fly right up to me and then start circling a lymantria instead lol.

Back when I first started playing ark, I learned the basics on single player since I was actually afraid to go onto official. After a few weeks I managed to tame 2 very low level raptors and decided to go running through the jungle with my friend (ya know since I was soo invincible on the back of those lol) Anyways fast forward and my friend has died and since the raptor was on neutral it took off into the forest. We searched for 2 hours, then constantly as we were moving around in the next 2 weeks before I moved to official. Never found it. Anyways fast forward about 6 months and I'm wiped on official so I go back to single player with my tribe with me from our server. We play on my server for like a month, then out of nowhere someone sees my raptor running through the trees. I rush over and see she is not only still alive, she also has 2 bronto spines in her inventory along with a few level ups! xD This was before diplo so I couldn't help but laugh and run around on her for 2 seconds before realizing she was still a crap level and putting her back up. B|

Early going, I found some great loot when people forgot to close doors and gates. I'm usually pretty nice, but for PvP if you just leave it sitting there in the open I'm definitely going to take it.

This has very little barring on overall game play, but one time I had a dodo clip out of my raft while going through the rivers in the Center. I didn't realize for a while he was gone, but I didn't get a death message either - but on a well populated PvP server I figured he was a goner to either wild dinos or other players. 3 days later I've completely forgotten about my lost dodo but going down the same river and there he is standing on the beach out in the open, quite the shock to see that green text. No idea how a wild dilo didn't get him in that time.

11 minutes ago, Arkasaurio said:

Early going, I found some great loot when people forgot to close doors and gates. I'm usually pretty nice, but for PvP if you just leave it sitting there in the open I'm definitely going to take it.

This has very little barring on overall game play, but one time I had a dodo clip out of my raft while going through the rivers in the Center. I didn't realize for a while he was gone, but I didn't get a death message either - but on a well populated PvP server I figured he was a goner to either wild dinos or other players. 3 days later I've completely forgotten about my lost dodo but going down the same river and there he is standing on the beach out in the open, quite the shock to see that green text. No idea how a wild dilo didn't get him in that time.

perhaps he defeated all the dilos who challenged him. :D

I've had soooo many lucky moments (not that I haven't had terribly unlucky moments also, lol) that it's hard to place them all. Therefore I'll go with my recent luckiest moment. Playing on rag we've been looking for a good quetz for about a week, but there just weren't any to be found. Our best one to date was a level 90 and when we got him down he had what the dododex rated as "very low" weight. One day I wake up super early and bored, I log into ark and decide to fly around aimlessly. Then I see a beautiful looking black and green quetz. I look through my spyglass and it's 150!! I'm on my wyvern (didn't have a griffin or a quetz platform saddle yet). I texted both my friends that I figured might be awake and didn't get a response, so I just knew there was no hope of me bagging this thing. That's when I looked up from my phone and saw that she was stuck in the wall! I wasn't sure if it would work and my palms were sweating and heart pounding every time I shot a dart and she slightly moved but eventually she went down, and I was able to starve tame her with mutton without losing any levels!  *P.S she had "very high" weight and "high" health.

I’ve had a few really lucky ones, but the one that stands out follows:

I set out from my castle on Grand Peak with my very first hunting team of dimorphodons. Twenty-five strong, from the back of my command eagle, Helen of Troy. 

This was early in my career as a dimorphodon handler, and the first time I had decided to set out alone. Previously I’d always asked my friend to log into my non-dedicated to act as a second set of eyes to make sure no birds started straggling.

After maybe four or five hunts I felt confident enough to go out alone, and led the team up north to munch on Rexes, my favorite target. But we made our way from the top of the snow to just past the iceberg, casually wiping out the ecosystem before I led them home.

I had a very specific way of staging my team...captain in front; a special maroon bird named Clarise, who became my first and only encounter with the early-day Ark bug of random gender reassignment. Woke up one day and Clarise was a man, lol. And then rows of three down the length of the deploy bay.

And as I wrangled birds and plopped them back in place, I realized something absolutely horrifying: I was one bird shy of twenty-five.

I paced back and forth, ticking off names because I’m so pathetic I knew all my birds on sight, and realized it was my tan and yellow Ferra that was nowhere to be found.

I panicked, full anxiety attack hitting me like a ton of bricks as I sprinted down to the central aviary to trade out command eagle Helen for my battle eagle Horus, who was faster and had beefed up melee. And I set out, whistling and whistling and whistling away, retracing my flight path...and I saw no sign of her.

I reached the tip of the path and turned around, fear setting in harder by the second because I felt she should have heard my whistles, and then I saw her.

Hilarious Ark-logic completely encumbered, frozen midair among the snowy trees.

I had to park Horus and build a haphazard thatch tower to get high enough to reach her because she was slightly out of reach. But I got to her, dumped all but one stack of meat and perched her on my shoulder to return her safe and sound to her flock.

More than a year later I’m grateful every day that I went out of my way to kill literally each and every thing that I saw on the hunt, including the argents. If I’d left predators alive she would have been eaten long before I found her.

And it’s no small feat of luck I saw her at all...a nude-palate bird against snow and tree and brush.

That’s easily my luckiest day in Ark.

1. Halloween event on SE, orp wasn't a thing. We have a open pen there with only a rex to defend... Players reported the dodowyvern spawning 3 times right next to our base and getting stuck on cliffs. One time it spawned almost on top of my tribemate/at his building. He ran inside and didn't move, the wings clipping inside his building. His animals still outside in front of the door. The dodowyvern flew over his base, turned around - and tried attacking a wild scorpion right next to the base for the rest of the night. The adds killed two of our paracers in the open pen and almost the rex though. But it could have turned out waayyy worse.

2. Valentine's event, you could fill the taming bar 50% with a box of chocolates, but could only use one. Per character. I found a wild quetz lvl 145 and it even had nice colors. Tribemate and I tranqued it on our quetz Platform (had to catch it when it was falling, not a trap quetz) I fed a box of chocolates and my tribemate another one. Yay.

3. Two days ago, I'm in the base raising babies, and look over the wall for no particular reason. There's a giga on the other side of the river. I know our wall still has ONE blind spot where it can step over.

I leave the server and bring my other char over, who's in an ally with my main tribe. It exists to watch over someones buildings and dinos while he can't login. I don't want to attempt to kite the giga away while the base in vulnerable. 

Sadly his dinos are really bad and he hardly has resources. I grab the only wyvern (mid-lvl prenerf) he has, to fly to my main tribes base and have a look. 7 minutes until orp kicks in. Game crashes.

Relog, wyvern won't land, I get eaten by the giga. Respawn at bed, grab the only ptera, try to find the wyvern. Phew, it's hovering high above the water. 4mins until orp, giga is now in front if the base. 

I leave the ptera in a closeby outpost. Back on the wyvern, watching the giga run in circles in front if the base, then it starts biting the wall. Damn.

Our lone wolf, who is set to wander outside the base for fun, is attacking the giga. On the other side of the wall the bronto slowly starts moving and some smaller animals, anky, hyenas, doed, beaver try to fight back. 20 seconds until orp.

The giga keeps biting, turns, and steps over the wall.

7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1, orp active. Omg.

The giga proceeeds to walk over our babies, gets stuck on the rexes, gets stuck on the mammoth, gets stuck on everything really. From now on it's a comical rather than scary situation. It takes some time to get its attention and make it fall down the cliff on the other side of the base. Ofc it trampled over all our decorative trees.

Rest of the story short, I kited the giga away, tribemate came online when it was safe, trapped the giga, we killed it.

Hhhhhmmm had so many. One that comes to mind is one of the giga close shaves. Me and a friend are flying about obsidean moutain on our wyverns and find this giga just chilling close to someones base. So of course we try to kill it before it gets any ideas. So we start dive bombing. Unluckyly I am flying my fire wyvern (should have been on lightning for this) so I have to get close to it to use the elemental breath and of course I get to close and become stuck right in the gigas mouth unable to move. Thankfully at the same time the giga appeared to get stuck between one of the fences of the base and a hole in the ground and is floating unable to attack (I am assuming this is the case). So me, my wyvern and the giga are just chilling there for what seemed like an eternity. I must have been stuck in that gigas mouth for a good 5 to 10 minutes before working my way out. It was a long 5 to 10 minutes, pretty sure the wyvern stammed out too. We eventually kill the giga off but not before I went back to get the lightning wyvern to do it lol.

Bonus story, not nessesarily lucky but what are the chances. Logged in last night to my old legacy server cause a friend asked me to come on and help out transfer some stuff to a more active server. So I log in everything my tribe had is gone as to be expected. Help move his stuff to the obs to transfer. Transfer my character to the new server and spawn in at one of the south zones. I spawn into a base and right in front of me sits is my prized rex, tek saddle and all, along with about 2 other of my tribes rexs. Fair enough the tribe that claimed it was from my old server too, but what were the chances ?

My story is about how i gained 2 of three of my official tribemates. I was in the swamp (don’t remember why) and I was of my thyla to go and check something out when i saw a shadow of something big loom over me and I look up to see a guy on a quetz platform looking down on me with a sniper,just as he’s about to shoot another guy snipes him and he dies,I recruited both to the tribe and we have been friends ever since. (My third tribemate was a lvl 10 I rescued from a pale blue 150 spino I tamed it and called it beauty)

Yeah a lot of lucky moments but the most movie quality one was on my legacy server. I am out on the new Yuty in the snow biome doing some leveling/small meat run at the same time. I'm chasing a daedon when I fall off the cliff. I dismount, land, remount and turn around to get back on top of the cliff and standing where I was 1 second earlier is a wild Giga. Never even knew it was there. 

I found a perfect level Hyena on top of metal mountain next to Carno Island. Right next to the Explorer's Note that is up there. The way it had landed, it was stuck in between two rocks. So, I sat up there taming it. Watching the tail of a giga swinging wildly just on the other side of the mountain. That was how I managed to get my first and only hyena. Named Bud after the male hyena that Harley Quinn has.

I remember my first high level Pteri, his name was Flappy.  I used him constantly.  One day I logged in only to see my base had been raided.  Some dino's had bee killed, a few scattered but I was able to retrieve them.  But sadly no sign of Flappy.  He hadn't been killed, but I looked everywhere and nothing.  Finally I accepted his fate and began to move on.  I was voice chatting with this other tribe on our server and this random guy I didn't even know said hey I saw your bird!  Sure enough he took me up into the sky between the mainland and Carno Island, almost as high as you can go and he was just hovering there.  I have no idea how he found him, but was so glad he did!  That was a truly great day!  About a month later I was in my old base just working on some stuff, not the base I do most of my work but the old one that had been raided so many times that it just no longer made sense to keep anything more valuable there than a trike, and some scoripions and dilo's.  I opened the dino gate to head back home for the night and 3-4 guys met me at the door with shotguns and explosives.  They Bolo'd flappy so I jumped on the trike and managed to knock the guy back.  Then jumped back on flappy but instead of getting out of there I decided to see if I could figure out a way to thwart their plans.  Big mistake.  They ended up killing me. then after that finished off Flappy for good.  I play Dedicated now, and we just opened up our server on Nitrado.  We're on Ragnarok and I tamed a Pteri before anything else.  Of course I named him Flappy...

There are a bunch of them, but one of my favorites was when I was out drop hunting on an unofficial PvP server. (Better Beacons mod meant LOTS of fights happening at drops) I  went for one in a little pool in the swamp, landed my bird and jumped into the water and got shot at. Turned around and there was a guy with a longneck on the shore reloading....and a wild Kapro shot up out of nowhere, grabbed him by the jimmies, and flew off into a pile of sarcos, frogs, and boas. Get rekt kid.

my most lucky moment was in a ragnarok pve legacy server when i found a 180 lightning egg. i was the parent nearby and it had all my favourite color combos. i quickly snatched it and flew away. (this was when people crashed ragnarok pve servers to dupe) all of a sudden, there was a massive lagspike and i panicked because that meant the server was probably gonna rollback. luckily it was just lag so i xferred the egg to my island server and the wyvern hatched with the best wyvern stats ive ever seen.

It was my first time attempting a wyvern egg run ever, I was at the bottom trench on Ragnarok. I had crafted up an ASC Fab sniper and a bunch of other MC & ASC bits, got on my first ever griffin and headed over.

Short version I grabbed a bunch eggs thinking I'd cleared everything out when a lightening wyvern snuck up on me. I panicked and hit space which caused the griffin to land in the lava I was only just hovering above.

I was so gutted as I knew I wouldn't get my gear back out the lava, but then a plan was hatched, and I literally put the A Team theme on. Crafted up 10 grappel hooks, jumped on one of my two argies and headed over to the trench.

Kited the wyvern out losing the argy and dying, but aggroing it on to some bronto's. Respawn, A Team theme still canking, get on my 2nd and last argy, head back, loot body, get into trench, find corpse marker and start firing blindly at too shallow of an angle trying to grappel my bag.

With 4 grappels left, I k moded and realised I was firing to shallow, so adjusted angles and tried again but kept missing.

And then on the last grappel 1 min before it decomposed, I got my bag back which had 2 days worth of work in it.

1500ish hours and the only time i've evern whooped out loud. My greatest shot/adventure ever.

On 11/9/2017 at 7:39 PM, Lurtz said:

I want to know what some of your "luckiest" moments have been. Whether its finding a lost dino, finding your first level 150 trike. Escaping the clutches of a wyvern on your favorite mount. I want to know what are some of the luckiest moments you've had in the game. 

OH MY GOD WHERE DO I BEGIN

i was trying to lure a manta for taming into a trap w/ my frog, and suddenly i got pinned in place by 3 mantas, all trying to murder me (this was before frog underwater attack ability). I was able to dismount in between manta hits and whistle my fog to the surface and onto land w/ 60 hp remaining. And I snagged the manta :) 

Archived